SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-11-08, 08:02 PM   #1
slark01

Default Nice day at the NEC!

Had a good day out with the missus and baba at the NEC.
Got a very nice Frank Thomas jacket and leggings.
Lots a freebies and babes, er bikes I mean!
Like the new look for the Hayabusa and the Honda concept is ( IMO ) fantastic.
To all that are going in the next week....enjoy
Old 29-11-08, 10:32 PM   #2
arenalife

Default Re: Nice day at the NEC!

I enojyed going today, great to sit on bikes you always wondered about. The Honda concept is ridiculous, a quick faff up cos they haven't got anything special to show. Wheels that can't turn is a pretty far out concept for a bike! The Gladius looks gay, that's not an insult, it's just how it looks in person.
Old 29-11-08, 10:40 PM   #3
muffles

Yeah good day, but tiring, I missed the Gladius and the Honda concept as I was juggling my time between photos/browsing & running around searching for leathers for the wife (Thanks GirlsBike2! Wonder if it was Jo (?) off here that helped us ), and new boots for me...I don't like the look of many boots these days but settled on the TCX Competizione S (sp?)!
Old 29-11-08, 11:32 PM   #4
SimJ

My first time there and I was glad I made the effort. Bought a paddock stand and a few other bits. Took some photos of the bikes (ok and a couple of the ladies).
For me, the speed triple was favourite bike of the show. Good as it maybe, the Street just doesn't cut it in the looks department next to the Speed. Definitely on the short list if I trade in the SV next year. All in all very enjoyable.
Old 30-11-08, 11:04 AM   #5
AndyBrad

Had a good there as well. although the drive there and back was horrible. Freezing fog most of the way! urgh.

Anyhoo if your after some textiles on the cheep wow theres some ight bargins near the off road bit/wall of death area. ft jckets for 40 quid and trousers for the same.

I got some of that fog wax type stuff (fund out this morning it doesnt work on my coated glasses, drat)

busters ac50 for a tenner?

i missed out on all the freebies. There were lots of people signing stuff but i had no idea who they are.

Theres some nice ladies about. The one on the ngk stand is worth a look but she had a face like a slapped **** when i saw her. Maybe thats because she saw me too?

Some nice bikes. I want a street tripple now also did anyone try the 1100 monster? crushed my nuts

The gladius i thourght was a nice little bike and its smaller than the sv im sure?

good stuff for my first show could have spent a bloody fortune

Also thers a guy selling that spray that you put on ur numberplate that he says stops u getting flashed. Ill save u 20 quid! it doesnt work. there was a guy there that had it last year and he was saying its bobbins as he got done
Old 30-11-08, 11:19 AM   #6
stevo_sv

no pictures so far then?
Old 30-11-08, 11:21 AM   #7
AndyBrad

ive got a couple on my phone but there poor tbh. somone should be along shortly
Old 30-11-08, 12:21 PM   #8
madness

Me and the missus went yesterday, had a good day but didn't buy anything. Was my firdt ride on the SV after passing my test, 100 mile round trip in freezing fog. Was a little cool by the time we got home! Loved the SV, took any corners very gingerly though. Roll on some good weather.
Old 30-11-08, 09:57 PM   #9
MR UKI (1)

Went today, was pretty good. Highlight was seeing JT and Crash playing. He was damn good . If you there and he playing, think he is on both days next weekend then it well worth watching.
Old 30-11-08, 09:59 PM   #10
Speedy Claire

Will be there next Saturday and looking forward to it