SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-10-21, 12:33 PM   #10041
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Same for me with MotoGP commentators, BSB folks much better.

Never watched F1 for years, normally a procession except when Hamilton decides to take a championship rival out......
Agreed with the itv MotoGP coverage, another screamer. I miss Keith and Julian.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-21, 01:15 PM   #10042
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I've solved the problem by just not having a television!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 06:11 PM   #10043
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I've solved the problem by just not having a television!
You're not missing much.

Old 01-10-21, 08:56 PM   #10044
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
You're not missing much.

Exactly that. The only things I watch are Gardeners World (!!), Doctor Who (when it's on) and recently, Chris and Meg's Wild Summer. I have a TV licence so I watch them on catch up, or sometimes live, on the computer.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 08:59 PM   #10045
redtrummy

I usually watch Moto GP muted, cannot stand the constant loud drivel. K & J in my opinion were just as bad but Whitham and Burnicle in a totally different class.
Same as the shouting on Eurosport cycle commentary - not a patch on ITV4s

(Grumpy old man)
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 09:06 PM   #10046
Chris_SVS

Jack Burnicle, James Haydon, James Toseland, Neil Hodgson, Sean Kelly, Carlton Kirby, Rochelle Gilmore

Collectively my GOTD. Ned Boulting and Michael Laverty/Niall Mackenzie are superior at their respective roles as are the various guests of GCN+ Adam Blythe, Dani Rowe etc

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 01-10-21 at 09:08 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-21, 10:14 PM   #10047
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
GP's have been useless for years. Mine are never on time (usually at least 10-15 minutes late) for appointments, which makes it a nightmare when having to get one during work hours or even at lunch.
And when you do get in there, you have to push for something extra to be done for the tests, x-ray, physio you need. Rather than get handed some pills to walk out the door with . . . .
Next time I would pay to go private and get seen in a timely manner, and get the right outcome than have to wait weeks to get an appointment, and a disappointing outcome. Thankfully i have private healthcare through work and would do anything through them instead and avoid the NHS queues.
The thing I noticed as well was the doctor saying 'we could never continue seeing all our patients face to face '.Who decided that ? Why not train more doctors then !
As far as private goes, I was in a company private healthcare scheme once and when I needed to wait for an angiogram on NHS I contacted private company and they said that I should bear in mind if you want any follow up treatment on NHS they can be a bit 'sniffy' if you have had private treatment ! So I waited for NHS treatment.

Last edited by svenrico; 02-10-21 at 10:15 PM.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 08:19 AM   #10048
Seeker
Mega Poster

A sign of things to come? As I indicated in a dedicated thread until it meandered into a climate change hole, I'm with Bulb energy.
They only have one tariff and it's variable. I've been paying £54/mo for a while and I'm £94 in credit but they just informed me that I'm using more energy than I'm paying for (don't forget - I'm in credit), because of this they need to increase my monthly debit to £71 (a 31% increase).

Some Bulb customers are facing an 80% rise:
https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...es-of-up-to-80

just to recap - Bulb are losing money and may go under, they have 1.7 million customers. I hadn't realised but within your energy bill is a deduction to allow you to be transferred to another supplier if yours goes bust (but that fund is running out of money because of the increasing energy company bankruptcies).

I'm not too concerned about the Bulb price rise because the old energy price cap has ended (Oct 1st) and Bulb did this once before only to reverse it when my credit soared (and I have the option of requesting a reduction, anyway). Finally, my new fridge/freezer arrived on Monday and I've noticed already that it's using less energy.
Old 03-10-21, 01:50 PM   #10049
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
The thing I noticed as well was the doctor saying 'we could never continue seeing all our patients face to face '.Who decided that ? Why not train more doctors then !
As far as private goes, I was in a company private healthcare scheme once and when I needed to wait for an angiogram on NHS I contacted private company and they said that I should bear in mind if you want any follow up treatment on NHS they can be a bit 'sniffy' if you have had private treatment ! So I waited for NHS treatment.
I think they can't continue it, as they waste so much time with people who don't have issues but continually get appointments.

I think they should have a triage nurse to asses a patient before a Dr's appoint is made. They could quickly identify what's needed, and issue a remedy there/then, or approve an appointment. Whilst that may create a bottleneck it could solve small issues quicker, preventing a GP appointment being 'wasted' and ensuring those who require further investigation get the appointment needed.
They should also address those who regularly miss appointments, by having them on a cancellation list, rather than having priority over those who turn up.

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 03-10-21 at 01:56 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 02:39 PM   #10050
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
I think they can't continue it, as they waste so much time with people who don't have issues but continually get appointments.

I think they should have a triage nurse to asses a patient before a Dr's appoint is made. They could quickly identify what's needed, and issue a remedy there/then, or approve an appointment.

They already do. The reception staff are expected to do this job. My sister in law works reception and take a lot of abuse from people as part of that job that she's expected to do.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote