SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-04-07, 04:01 PM   #1
tricky

Default Makes me weep.(other peoples riding)

On my way home tonight:

Some little nob on a scooter undertook me, in my lane.
I think he thought we where "racing".

Then a large gentlemen on a cruiser riding so close behind me I could smell him.
I moved over to let him past, which he did with no acknowledgment whatsoever. He then proceeded to try and filter between a skip wagon and the central reservation (12" gap maximum) and nearly fell off.

I am far from a faultless motorcyclist but at least I make the effort not to ride like complete **** (most of the time).

My faith was restored slightly by a Gixxer 600 SRAD with a lovely display of careful but efficient filtering, I think it might have been a lady as well
Old 02-04-07, 04:23 PM   #2
Jelster

Default Re: Makes me weep.(other peoples riding)

On the way up to Donny yesterday we were "stalked" by a bloke on a GS1200 on the A5. He thought it suitable to come round me on the outside of a blind bend, and then squeeze between my mate and a traffic Island.

His next manoeuvre was to overtake a row of 3 cars on double white lines on the crest of a hill [shakes head]

Sometimes you want to give people a kick in the @rse and say "See, it's your fault we all get called stupid!"

(Sorry, I'll get off the soapbox now...)

Old 02-04-07, 05:52 PM   #3
Fizzy Fish

I think it must be the good weather, cos I came across a real tosser on the way in this morning.

Having pulled over to let him by, he thanked me by later riding about 2ft off my back wheel while i was filtering at the speed limit past a speed camera.

Through the next stretch he beeped his horn at stationary cars at least 10 times and kicked 4 cars for doing nothing except waiting stationary in traffic.

He also succeeded in peeing off virtually every bike he came near.

However i took great pleasure in the fact that myself & a yellow sv rode just as quickly into town as him but without the tosspot antics. just goes to show - crime doesn't pay
Old 02-04-07, 05:57 PM   #4
ASM-Forever

Aaah but the yellow SV has all that extra HP
Old 02-04-07, 05:58 PM   #5
Stig

Yes we are in "that" season again aren't we.

I guess we will just have to watch ourselves just that little bit more now for the "season" riders. One of the pitfalls of summer I unfortunately.

As for the scooter lad. I actually expect that from them.
Old 02-04-07, 06:25 PM   #6
Demonz

Went for a ride tonight around 5.30 and was plesently suprised that a lot of (most) cars were pulling/shifting to the left on the A roads to let me pass. Dont usually notice it.
Old 02-04-07, 09:02 PM   #7
AlanSv

none of that beats the tw&ts that were double filtering/overtaking us at excessive speed, while we filtered through moving traffic, on the white line coming from back from the bank holiday run to Hastings
Old 02-04-07, 10:41 PM   #8
sami_g

Im just a new rider, i passed my test on the 29th of march, and i have seen loads of scairy stuff already, maybe its just me being a novice!

I was on my way back from dundee on sat, sitting at 70 mph, a honda vtr firestorm went flying past me, then slowed down to under 70, so i moved over to the outside lane and went to pass it, as i was level with it, it just made a loud pop and shot off

Then it done it again, but this time he gave me the finger before he shot off

As i said im just new to biking, i have an sv650, i aint going to play with a bike like that!! want to live long enough to gain some expierence first,

What a ****
Old 03-04-07, 08:10 AM   #9
Baph

As others have said, t'is the weather. I'll be honest & hold my hands up right now. Sunshine means time to hoon around a bit more than usual. But I'm always polite & considerate to other bikers whilst I'm doing it.

I have also seen my fair share of idiots out on the roads on 2 wheels recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami_g View Post
I was on my way back from dundee on sat, sitting at 70 mph, a honda vtr firestorm went flying past me, then slowed down to under 70, so i moved over to the outside lane and went to pass it, as i was level with it, it just made a loud pop and shot off

Then it done it again, but this time he gave me the finger before he shot off

As i said im just new to biking, i have an sv650, i aint going to play with a bike like that!! want to live long enough to gain some expierence first,
Sami_g, sounds to me like he was trying to egg you on. Well done for not rising to it. Always ride for you (as you did) and not the idiot trying to wind your crank.
Old 03-04-07, 09:14 AM   #10
Beenz

With better weather you must expect some sunny daze bikes to pass you at speed and in areas of arguable safety. Just try and keep your wits about you and don't over ride your bike, just ride at the speed that you are comfortable with.

I've been out on rideouts with a few on here and during last summer we got overtaken a few times by some one riding much faster, just let em go. I've also overtaken groups that were going slower than I. Just because there is a group of bikes does not deny me overtaking safely and with respect for those being overtaken.

These people probably only go out when the weather is good and the roads are dry, nothing wrong with that at all, (I'm out in all weathers apart from snow) it's just that not riding regularly some may not appreciate normal life on two wheels in the real world. i.e. what winds us up.