SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-11-08, 09:46 AM   #1
missyburd

Default When was the last time you were....

.....Angry/very emotional? And what calmed you down/made you feel better?

I personally don't tend to get reeeally angry but last week my anger actually made me kick a door - not good . This was the cause:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I'm gonna call them in a min, I ordered them last thursday night, they're usually good but I admit I have had this problem before I usually go to the railway station but couldn't last week and needed to get them then. So annoying, AAAAAAAAAARGH!
Then a little bit later on....
Quote:

"I am sorry to say your booking has not gone through due to a technical error, but you will not be charged"

F*cking great. So apparently I must rebook my tickets, except the whole idea of booking them last thursday was so I could get the advance cheap tickets for tomorrow, a week in advance!!!!!!!!!! So p*ssed off, with myself too, I should have got them at the station, but I couldn't because I didn;;t know I was going til the evening

I think I might just go and curl up somewhere.

Well after that I just went to the kitchen, opened the window and looked out on to the harbour behind for 10minutes or so, made me feel much better, especially after seeing the little old lady who regularly goes out to feed the ducks and swans, and chasing the seagulls away, very comical

Then I spoke to my mate about it and told her I wouldn't be able to go home unless I rebooked the tickets that day - bound to be way more expensive - she knew I don't have any spare cash at the minute (student loan still not in) so she came with me to the station to pay on her card Good mate that one, ta hun

So what makes you feel better after something has gone wrong, just a big hug, particular food, going for a run?

NOTE: this is not to find out how bad tempered .orgers are, more to reassure people there are good things about the world as we sometimes forget with all the hurt and strife about elsewhere.

Last edited by missyburd; 08-11-08 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-11-08, 01:48 PM   #2
missyburd

Default Re: When was the last time you were....

Wow everyone must be pretty perfec' then
Old 08-11-08, 01:51 PM   #3
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Wow everyone must be pretty perfec' then
Yeap....

Honest,
Old 08-11-08, 01:57 PM   #4
joshmac

Can't remember when I was last REALLY pi55ed off, but I find that a ciggy and playing my drums for 20mins definitely helps chill me out...

But most of the time I'm perfect
Old 08-11-08, 01:59 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

yesterday after listening to the first line support guy shouting across 3 rows of desks to tell me that email server was down for the fourth time in the last five minutes, despite me telling him that when we'd worked out why it was broken we'd give him an update.

He continually shouted at me telling me something that I already knew. In the end I got so fedup with him I repeated that I would update him once we knew how long it was going to be down for and that I woudl appreciate being left alone in order to try and fix the problem.

What calmed me down was telling his team leader that his input really wasnt helping deal with the situation and that I couldnt fix the problem as I couldnt discuss the situation with my colleage because he kept interupting our conversation / shouting over the top of us.

In general if I have got very wound up I need time on my own or to shut out the environment around me, either by listening to music if I am in the office, or just by removing myself from the situation thats p*ssing me of till I have calmed down enough to deal with it. I find cycling is a great help with this. I also find riding my GSXR helps to but I am careful to not go out on it if I am very wound up as I ride like a twit and its dangerous.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-08, 02:01 PM   #6
Baph

The last time I was really wound up, and I won't go into what caused it, I pulled the handbrake on the car & it erm, came off in my hand. Cable & mountings snapped.

The thing that calmed me down, and I'm not ashamed to admit made me cry, was whilst still seething sat on the sofa, my 3 yr old randomly came over to me & gave me a cuddle with "love you daddy." He's usually the type to beat me up than give big hugs, so I was very touched.
Old 08-11-08, 02:04 PM   #7
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

What winds me up is when the Email server goes down four times in five minutes,and despite me shouting across the room at the idiot responsible for fixing it,IT STILL DOESNT BLOODY WORK.Worse still,he just says he will update me when it is fixed!
How annoying is that?
Old 08-11-08, 02:05 PM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Completely f###ing up an exam I should have walked through. Ride home made me feel much better, but a little guilty.
Old 08-11-08, 02:05 PM   #9
joshmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
What winds me up is when the Email server goes down four times in five minutes,and despite me shouting across the room at the idiot responsible for fixing it,IT STILL DOESNT BLOODY WORK.Worse still,he just says he will update me when it is fixed!
How annoying is that?
Old 08-11-08, 02:10 PM   #10
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmac View Post
But most of the time I'm perfect
[cough] ahem[/cough] pull the other one mate