SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Old 13-11-07, 10:40 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Talking Mini Twin Race bike!

Just wondered is this bike any good? Is it the kind of bike I should be looking for a rookie? Is it the right price?

The biggest problem is going to finding enough race really, gonna have to stop spending money and save, save!

This bike meets all minitwin regulations as it was raced in the series this year.

The bike is a V-reg first registered in September 1999.
It has a:- Quick action throttle
Micron exhaust system with blue flame end can
Dynojet kit fitted
K3 fuel injected camshafts fitted
Ohlins rear shock(fully adjustable)
K&N air filter
Key-less ignition
GSXR 1000 race fairing
Spare SV race fairing
One race on dry tyres
Three races on wet tyres
Full range of sprockets(some never used)
New chain at beginning of year(only raced at 5 race meetings)
New front break pads before last meeting
Has had full service before start of season and everything double checked when the cams were put in

I am after £2000.00 for the bike on it's own with the sprockets, And £2500.00 for the bike, sprockets and spare wheels with discs and wet wheels.
Old 23-11-07, 08:07 PM   #2
tranx

Default Re: Mini Twin Race bike!

£500 for Wets on Wheels is a bit steep. I got my 2000 model minitwin for £1750 + £210 for the discs + wheels. Just got to add some wet tyres and I'm done.

Especially as you'l have to budget for new dry and wet tyres, after 3 races those ones will be past their best I would have thought. However the rear shock is good, what has been done to the front suspension? Also you have the cams from an injected bike fitted which is an excellent addition.

It's not a rip off and would make an excellent minitwin bike. Just watch out for the hidden extra costs like new tyres, transponder and spares when pricing a package up.

If its in your price range I'd go for it as a package as you'l struggle to save more than a hundred on that price elsewhere I'd think.
Old 24-11-07, 12:35 AM   #3
Blue_SV650S

Bearing in mind that a Micron race system is really no better than stock, and you need to sort the forks out, I'd beat him down to £2k all in. At £2k it is a potential bargain*

3 races on wet tyres mean they are fecked!! ... new front pads .. what are they?? £20 eBay specials or £80 PF pads???

*Presuming it isn't bent and it is not stolen!!!
Old 24-11-07, 01:39 PM   #4
SV650Racer

Do you know who owns the bike?. I know most of them so may be able to tell you more about the bike. You pay for what you get. If its been well cared for and pristine for a racebike then its fair money. If its a munter thats been chopped about (alot out there!) then its not even worth £1500.
Old 26-11-07, 05:51 PM   #5
tranx

I think he's talking about the one currently advertised on motoforum for sale section.

After looking at the pictures with the spares, WoW's and tyre warmers thrown in it might be a good buy for you starting out. Try and haggle the price down a bit and you'l have a good package. Also beware that the front suspension doesn't appear to have had any work done to it, this will be something you at least want to throw a hyperpro spring kit at and some fresh oil.
Old 26-11-07, 05:59 PM   #6
SV650Racer

Looks like a good bike. I dont actually recognise this one. As has been said check whether or not the forks have been upgraded. I wouldnt recommend the hyperpro kit for racing. Linear Springs, oil and emmulators work best in the race bikes.
Old 26-11-07, 06:00 PM   #7
metalmonkey

How much would it cost to sort out the front suspension? Yeah I would haggle as well, man I just can't work how I spend so much money! I'm saving hard right now, though with xmas round the corner not easy.....
Old 26-11-07, 07:18 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
How much would it cost to sort out the front suspension? .
£210 all in if you do the work yourself!! (unless prices have changed in the last 12 months??)