SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-02-07, 01:23 PM   #1
UKStreetFighter

Exclamation High level exhaust - Help required!

Hi Guys,

I have fitted a high level link pipe and can onto my sv650x but it keeps melting the soles of my boots and i've seen on photo's that some people have installed what looks like a metal plate behind the footpeg that acts as a heat shield. Does anybody know where I can find one of these as i've been looking for ages with no luck.

Many Thanks
Chris
Old 15-02-07, 01:31 PM   #2
andy

Mine has a heatshield pop rivetted into the vertical section of the link pipe - a simple flat piece of stainless curve to fit.
Old 15-02-07, 01:39 PM   #3
UKStreetFighter

did you pt anything between the stainless plate and the exhaust to prevent the shield from becoming just as hot as the pipe?
Old 15-02-07, 01:47 PM   #4
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKStreetFighter View Post
did you pt anything between the stainless plate and the exhaust to prevent the shield from becoming just as hot as the pipe?
there is an air-gap, which is usually sufficient, it doesn't go directly onto the pipe - you won't have exhaust gasses heating the rear of the plate, so it won't get anything like as hot

btw - I don't know what make you pipe is, but I had this exact same problem with my CCC- hi-level which melted my sidi's. I called CCC up & persuaded them that it wasn't acceptable & they sent me a new link pipe with a heel-plate
Old 15-02-07, 01:54 PM   #5
UKStreetFighter

Mines a Scorpion, I can't seem to find a contact telephone number for them and i've emailed them with no reply... I might have to go down the road of securing a stainless plate onto the pipe and hope I don't mess it up

Cheers
Old 15-02-07, 01:56 PM   #6
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKStreetFighter View Post
Yes, about 3 washers!
Old 15-02-07, 02:08 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Banditmania sell one that straps on with an exhaust clamp, that's what I use...

Just a simple bit of stainless, it's cool enough.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-07, 04:33 PM   #8
Ceri JC

Nortwind, is that what your bike is looking like these days (all black) looks very nice!
Old 15-02-07, 04:38 PM   #9
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
Nortwind, is that what your bike is looking like these days (all black) looks very nice!
Nah, that's what his bike used to look like before the paintjob I think.

Someone on here uses blue wrap to stop their boots melting on the link pipe.
Old 15-02-07, 04:57 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

I think it's ianofbhills that used the wrap... But I don't think it worked too well.

Aye, that's my bike as it was until about a year ago... You can't see all the scratches and cracks in that pic I always liked the black but it's a bit boring...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote