SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 08-01-09, 09:13 AM   #1
petevtwin650

Default It's very quiet in here.

I suppose it's the deperessing bit after Xmas. The time the credit card bill hits the floor with a thud and all your pressies have either broken, got lost or been swapped for the right size/colour/gender role.

We've been busy on ebay, buying all the bits we need to refurbish the Duke and also for spare panels to make Dukedolph a bit easier to do later this year!

Presently sat in the front room with the cans, number plate holder, headlights, all fairings, seat and mudguard off whilst we give it a thorough clean. Something we couldn't do during December cos of the furry stuff. Luckily nothings corroded, so all good there.

Only fly in the ointment is getting new stickers to match the old ones. Ducati do a set but they are 230 quid. Looking at a set for 45 at the mo.

So how's everybody else doing?
Old 08-01-09, 09:22 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: It's very quiet in here.

Its a proven fact, these lot crack the blankets out and sit in their rocking chairs until the sun comes out Pete lol.

£230 for a set of stickers That is harsh.

How is it going from the bike being knocked over?

Mine is perched up waiting for my new shock bolt to be put in. But looks like as usual I may be selling up but this time for good. Need a deposit for a house.
Old 08-01-09, 10:02 AM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
Its a proven fact, these lot crack the blankets out and sit in their rocking chairs until the sun comes out Pete lol.

£230 for a set of stickers That is harsh.

How is it going from the bike being knocked over?

Mine is perched up waiting for my new shock bolt to be put in. But looks like as usual I may be selling up but this time for good. Need a deposit for a house.
Heres a tip for you Plowsie - live for today, not for tomorrow.

Your bike will add (in the big picture) VERY little to your house buying aspirations, but deprive you of the fun etc you will have if you keep it.

And if you do sell, well in 6 months when you are really missing it and have to go out and buy another one, well thats when you have lost money.

Only sell up if you are sick of bikes and NEVER want another one.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 10:06 AM   #4
Skip
Mega Poster

I'm still here lurking in the background - not ridden the bike or cleaned it thoroughly since the Christmas do

I need to tidy my garage so I can pull the bike into the middle and get the wheels out and give it a thorough clean - its not had one properly since the first winter I had it.

I guess with the new bike seed well and truly planted I have lost interest in this one a little - poor thing! Still I will get off my behind and clean it before the end of February - that's my target!

Not planning on doing any riding whilst this weather is about - the roads around here are a salty, muddy mess (joys of living in the countryside) and wet most of the time - not much fun tbh...

Still on the upside - we have broke the back of the dark nights - it can only get better

Edit: Just noticed I am nearing the four year anniversary of being on the 'Org and biking in general - time flies!
Old 08-01-09, 10:29 AM   #5
svrich

A little distracted at the moment!
On the hunt for a good secondhand can to fit. Not having too much luck yet.
Tank is off being resprayed so she is tucked up nice and warm and clean in the garage at the moment. Back on the road in the next week or two though.
Currently wondering what else to do while she is laid up. Maybe getting the rear sub-frame powder coated?
Old 08-01-09, 12:45 PM   #6
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

I was going to post a similar thread today Pete

Something along the lines of Lets start planning the Feb/March rideout so we have something to look forward to

Me? I have mostly been keeping warm. Took a rag to my bike the other day and started to clean the crap from my engine (i'm a bit poncy when it comes to that)

I popped into Midlands Superbikes today. They have turned the Garage area into a Quad Bike showroom!!! dunno if they are doing any servicing anymore but I didn't look round too long.
I also had a bit of a Gander at a...Ducati 749s just to keep me from getting Ducati withdrawl symptoms.

The best bit was the number plate tho. Kerri pointed it out to me but it took me a while

Attachment 2957
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.

Last edited by Mr Speirs; 18-09-10 at 05:38 PM.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 01:16 PM   #7
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Something along the lines of Lets start planning the Feb/March rideout so we have something to look forward to
Good idea - after reading this I thought that too...

....MIIIIIIiiike!!!

Old 08-01-09, 01:47 PM   #8
K

Hmm... what... eh?!

Who keeps making all this noise? I'm trying to hibernate here!
Old 08-01-09, 02:41 PM   #9
xXBADGERXx

?????? shoosh ????? <----drops head back on pillow in his sett
Old 08-01-09, 07:12 PM   #10
Sean_C

Guilty of being quiet too, time just seems to disappear lately. Not been up to a great deal, had Izi staying over christmas and time flew (as did the money out of my wallet, she now has all her own gear).
I need to get my act in gear and sort out the bike for its MOT in feb!