SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-02-09, 06:32 PM   #1
DEJA_Vu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Map of members

Hey was just reading the "how about we make an effort this year?" thread and wat stu said

Quote:
Have you tried a user map like the TV section? so that you know who you're members are and where's close if people are sying too far. For a new section the TV lot seem really active. (or maybe that's why they are active )
i think it would be a good idea to know who is around your area so that we can easily message people for rides especially if people arent wanting to go a long way for a ride and it'll make it easier to meet others
  Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:33 PM   #2
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster
 
Lissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rugby, South Mids Group
Posts: 4,381
Default Re: Map of members

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJA_Vu View Post
Hey was just reading the "how about we make an effort this year?" thread and wat stu said

i think it would be a good idea to know who is around your area so that we can easily message people for rides especially if people arent wanting to go a long way for a ride and it'll make it easier to meet others
Well, Pete and I are Rugby, so pretty close to you in Cov
__________________
If It's Too Loud, You're Too Old!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:54 PM   #3
DEJA_Vu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Map of members

thats awesome as said b4 unfortunatley my bike isnt here yet... are there many other members around here i know theres a couple in brum and northampton we could organise a more local meet at some point get new members together for a ride
  Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:54 PM   #4
Old Git
Member
 
Old Git's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Worcester
Posts: 460
Default Re: Map of members

Recent addition to the bike arena, am in Worcester, so not sure if I should be in Midlands or south west?
Seems most of Madlanders are up north in Nottingham / Derby area, anyone dan saff?
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:57 PM   #5
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster
 
Lissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rugby, South Mids Group
Posts: 4,381
Default Re: Map of members

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJA_Vu View Post
thats awesome as said b4 unfortunatley my bike isnt here yet... are there many other members around here i know theres a couple in brum and northampton we could organise a more local meet at some point get new members together for a ride
There are one or two in this neck of the woods, and we like to get out and about every weekend if we can. There are several who are quite happy to travel a bit to do a rideout though, so hopefully you'll have plenty of choices of people to ride with. When will you have your bike here?
__________________
If It's Too Loud, You're Too Old!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 06:59 PM   #6
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster
 
Lissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rugby, South Mids Group
Posts: 4,381
Default Re: Map of members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git View Post
Recent addition to the bike arena, am in Worcester, so not sure if I should be in Midlands or south west?
Seems most of Madlanders are up north in Nottingham / Derby area, anyone dan saff?

The groups are fairly fluid, OG. We do stuff with several sections, being here in the middle means we're pretty spoiled for choice
__________________
If It's Too Loud, You're Too Old!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 07:03 PM   #7
Old Git
Member
 
Old Git's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Worcester
Posts: 460
Default Re: Map of members

Lissa, collecting bike Sunday morning, all being well, then careful ride back since it has been quite some time since I did any miles (excluding the test last week, Friday 13th, always thought that was a good day....)
Guess incl. the course have only done 60 miles in 24 years, have some catching up to do.
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 07:06 PM   #8
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster
 
Lissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rugby, South Mids Group
Posts: 4,381
Default Re: Map of members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Git View Post
Lissa, collecting bike Sunday morning, all being well, then careful ride back since it has been quite some time since I did any miles (excluding the test last week, Friday 13th, always thought that was a good day....)
Guess incl. the course have only done 60 miles in 24 years, have some catching up to do.
I bet you are really excited then. You won't sleep on Saturday night

I think you'll love the SV. They are stonking bikes, and curvy's are the best, of course

I'm sure you'll get used to it no problem. Have you ridden V twins before?
__________________
If It's Too Loud, You're Too Old!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 07:11 PM   #9
Old Git
Member
 
Old Git's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Worcester
Posts: 460
Default Re: Map of members

Lissa, only bike I ever had was a Yamaha YB100 which I used for going to work many years ago...... so simple answer is no.
No experience, only blind faith & trust in him upstairs.
Yep, looking forward to 1st impressions, as is my want have tried to read reviews etc. as much as possible & threads like on this site, SV's sound like they are either bullet proof, or riders are expert mechanics, don't seem to hear of very much trouble.
I am praying that mine will be reliable if not the fastest since I don't know where the batteries go into things like spanners & screwdrivers.
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-09, 07:16 PM   #10
DEJA_Vu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Map of members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
There are one or two in this neck of the woods, and we like to get out and about every weekend if we can. There are several who are quite happy to travel a bit to do a rideout though, so hopefully you'll have plenty of choices of people to ride with. When will you have your bike here?
well i go home for 21st march and a group of three mates are riding down to portsmouth on the 14th of april to meet me and then riding home back to cov that day, gives us a chance to do a long run in prep for a summer trip away
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New members.... Paul the 6th Idle Banter 63 27-09-09 03:14 PM
New members on the map. Stig Thames Valley 15 18-03-09 09:02 PM
Map of members derbybiker The Madlanders 0 11-03-09 08:10 AM
hey org members have a look at this. kwak zzr Idle Banter 50 27-11-06 12:22 PM
How many of you are members of MAG? rubberduckofdeath SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 2 06-11-03 10:10 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.