SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-10, 12:59 PM   #1
XmisterIS
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Restricted vs. Unrestricted?

My restriction comes to an end in March 2011 ... and which point I am going to de-restrict my bike!

I'm wondering:

1) When my restriction comes to an end, do I need to send my licence in and get a new one? (my licence says "A2" - i.e. restricted - with a date).

2) What is an unrestricted SV like compared to a restricted one? I am guessing it will just accelerate to a higher speed in any given gear but that the rate of acceleration won't change much (shame!).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 01:18 PM   #2
Jayneflakes
Member
Mega Poster
 
Jayneflakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: an etherial plain, far far away
Posts: 2,122
Default Re: Restricted vs. Unrestricted?

It will change enough to feel like a new bike, top end will increase and with just over double the power, it will feel pretty mean. My restricted license has stamped on that I am on 25kW bikes, so will be sending it off when the time comes.

My bike has only just been restricted and I noticed the drop in power and reduced performance, it still feels pretty quick though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Teese View Post
Jayne, I really must say that you do love that pussy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 01:19 PM   #3
plowsie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Restricted vs. Unrestricted?

1) No, carry on, the date on the licence was enough when I got stopped.
2) Rate of acceleration will be good in all gears. The throttle will respond well almost through all the gears instead of it winding itself on from about 60 onwards with a restircted bike. You will love it, trust me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 11:14 PM   #4
Nicky S
Member
Mega Poster
 
Nicky S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: crowborough, East Sussex
Posts: 1,061
Default Re: Restricted vs. Unrestricted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmisterIS View Post
My restriction comes to an end in March 2011 ... and which point I am going to de-restrict my bike!

I'm wondering:

1) When my restriction comes to an end, do I need to send my licence in and get a new one? (my licence says "A2" - i.e. restricted - with a date).

2) What is an unrestricted SV like compared to a restricted one? I am guessing it will just accelerate to a higher speed in any given gear but that the rate of acceleration won't change much (shame!).
same ad said below iv had mine out for 9 days .. it feels like a new bike top end is different but its the acceleration is what you want to look foward to the power is mad. just done accelerat as fast as you do when it is at 33bhp or you wheelie but your get use to it. you have nearly a year to wait so you will end up getting bord of the sv then you can take your restriction out and have new bike :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
It will change enough to feel like a new bike, top end will increase and with just over double the power, it will feel pretty mean. My restricted license has stamped on that I am on 25kW bikes, so will be sending it off when the time comes.

My bike has only just been restricted and I noticed the drop in power and reduced performance, it still feels pretty quick though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
1) No, carry on, the date on the licence was enough when I got stopped.
2) Rate of acceleration will be good in all gears. The throttle will respond well almost through all the gears instead of it winding itself on from about 60 onwards with a restircted bike. You will love it, trust me.
__________________
Curvy With Lots Of Bits ...
But Still More To Come

Nicky S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
unrestricted ECU 07+ edvin Stuff Wanted 0 12-07-09 12:45 PM
Unrestricted ecu for sale olden mgroin For Sale - SV's and SV related items 0 25-04-09 08:52 PM
Service Time - Got an unrestricted loan SV :) DarrenSV650S SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 0 16-07-08 05:14 PM
now unrestricted - whoohoo ( my little write up) james160987 Bikes - Talk & Issues 4 16-04-07 11:43 PM
First big ride on unrestricted SV650 SVeeedy Gonzales SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 24 08-08-05 03:07 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.