SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Do you go to bike meets?
All the time (at least once a month) 9 40.91%
Sometimes (at least once a year) 4 18.18%
Hardly ever (been to a couple, but at no regular interval) 5 22.73%
Never 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-08-07, 10:09 AM   #1
Blue_SV650S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Bike meets – do you go to any?

As title … I don’t really go to bike meets … I am not sure I really see the point …
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:11 AM   #2
sarah
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
As title … I don’t really go to bike meets … I am not sure I really see the point …
What counts as a bike meet?
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:13 AM   #3
Blue_SV650S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
What counts as a bike meet?
Good point ...

A well known ‘regular’ event (as examples, ones I have heard of are Poole Quey, Ace Cafι, lord derby etc etc) ... not just going round your biking mates ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:16 AM   #4
AndyW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Been to two at Knott End in the last two weeks. Going to start a night course in Japanese at local college in 3 weeks, so thats going out the window.

Point seems to be look at shiny bikes, and strike up conversations with complete strangers about whatever seems interesting at the time, including what flavour of ice cream to order.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:20 AM   #5
Blue_SV650S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Been to two at Knott End in the last two weeks. Going to start a night course in Japanese at local college in 3 weeks, so thats going out the window.

Point seems to be look at shiny bikes, and strike up conversations with complete strangers about whatever seems interesting at the time, including what flavour of ice cream to order.
If I wanted to look at shiny bikes, I'd go to my local dealership!!

If I wanted to strike up a conversation with a random person, it'd be with a bit of flange, not a hairy male biker!! ... Lets face it the flange levels at a bike meet are going to be sparse ... and the ones that are - are probably there with their BF - or hairy munters!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:21 AM   #6
plowsie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

I've only ever bin out with SV's, but i suppose the Ponderosa classes as one but that was with the SV's lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:25 AM   #7
riktherider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

what about weekend bike doo's?? they count?? lke bulldog bash, race meets.

ive got one coming up in september. balls doo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:26 AM   #8
hovis
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Bike meets – do you go to any? …
no, i have not been to any, i normally end up in abergavenny most sundays, and porthcawl some wednesday nights, but i would not class these as "bike meets"

and dont like hanging about drinking tea for too long, as i would rather be riding
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:27 AM   #9
Blue_SV650S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riktherider View Post
what about weekend bike doo's?? they count?? lke bulldog bash, race meets.

ive got one coming up in september. balls doo.
Not sure what goes on at the Bulldog Bash, but I'd say Race Meets don't count as you are not going there for going there's sake ...
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 10:29 AM   #10
Blue_SV650S
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Bike meets – do you go to any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
no, i have not been to any, i normally end up in abergavenny most sundays, and porthcawl some wednesday nights, but i would not class these as "bike meets"

and dont like hanging about drinking tea for too long, as i would rather be riding
Quite ... if I wanted to go out for a 'ride' I'd go out for a ride ... and I wouldn't go anywhere near a 'known' bike event as the roads in the local area are bound to be better policed?!?!?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bike Meets and rideout locations John 675 The Madlanders 13 23-02-13 10:59 PM
Wiltshire Bike Meets Jdawg South & West Surfers 18 07-05-09 11:24 PM
Weekend Bike Meets? SAMMY650 Pennine Massive 2 30-05-08 10:52 PM
midland bike meets kwak zzr Idle Banter 60 14-05-08 07:54 AM
Bike meets Blue_SV650S Bikes - Talk & Issues 13 14-01-07 09:55 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.