SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 25-01-08, 04:58 PM   #1
scottaadams

Default Bliss Premature babies Charity Rideout

Hi guys im having a sponsored ride out in aid of bliss charity for premature babies and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas about where to go and what to do?
Cheers
Old 25-01-08, 05:45 PM   #2
Manguish

Default Re: Bliss Premature babies Charity Rideout

Come down via newcastle and i'll join ya
Old 25-01-08, 07:35 PM   #3
Tiger 55

You really can't go wrong with Lands End to John O' Groats
Old 25-01-08, 09:02 PM   #4
kitkat

what about from yorkhill hospital to another big kids hospital - great ormand street maybe
Old 25-01-08, 10:55 PM   #5
scottaadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
what about from yorkhill hospital to another big kids hospital - great ormand street maybe
I was thinking more big group run to drumnadrochit to raise some money for Glasgow royal infirmary neo natal unit as they saved my wee boys life on 7/12/07 when he was born 7 weeks early.
Old 27-01-08, 01:17 AM   #6
SVTONYB

Scott not meaning to rain on your parade but the Easter Egg Run on Easter Sunday is to raise money and Chocolate for Yorkhill Sick Kids Hospital. Why not get yourself some sponsor sheets and beg, borrow and steal from people to raise as much as you can.

I think if you were to do your own rideout it would have to be quite special to catch folks attention like the John O Groats to Lands End idea.
Old 27-01-08, 11:48 AM   #7
Tiger 55

How about organising one of the summer rideouts - you know, when all the fair weather bikers will be there - and bringing a collecting tin? It wouldn't be sponsored as such but folk would know in advance to bring their wallets.

You could call it the Bliss Premature Babies Charity Rideout or something. I'll be there!