SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-07-08, 01:10 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default I went out for a ride today

On my SV

Nothing exceptional, just a general bimble down tiny back roads*, with the odd spurt of speed ... covered ~60 miles in ~2.5hrs.

I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

For those that read my 'interest is dwindling' thread, will see/agree my hiatus was very short lived!! ... for the next few hours at least, I like bikes again!!

It was just such a nice day out and my other plans had fallen through, so I went out for a ride ...

Where I don't care about things like disc life on it any more and more interested in things like outright braking performance, bought some EBC HH pads too ... so something new and exciting to try next time I take it out!!

As I said, it was a nice ride out in the sun ... how long is the summer going to last by the way?!!?

*I always forget just how lovely bits of Hampshire is - when you get above the cesspit that is below the M27! some lovely little country roads and villages out there, its like another world!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 26-07-08 at 01:18 PM.
Old 26-07-08, 02:43 PM   #2
Frank

Default Re: I went out for a ride today

my bike can sit in the garden for weeks and i dot even look at it .Days like today make me glad I have it though.
Took my misses friend out for a blast,and to see the look on her face was a picture.
Old 26-07-08, 05:32 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
my bike can sit in the garden for weeks and i dot even look at it .Days like today make me glad I have it though.
Took my misses friend out for a blast,and to see the look on her face was a picture.
Yeah, I am realising that now ... just coz it doesn't get used much, doens't mean its not worth having

How come MrsGid didn't want to go
Old 26-07-08, 05:54 PM   #4
startrek.steve

Took mine for a blast today too... up towards Malton, back along the a64, looking for a Bikers cafe place at Sherburn, but never found it. Nice ride though, me and the lad thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Steve
Old 26-07-08, 05:57 PM   #5
startrek.steve

Hmm thats why I didnt find it! Its Sherburn-in-Elmet! not Sherburn nr Scarborough where I went.

Steve
Old 26-07-08, 05:59 PM   #6
chasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek.steve View Post
Hmm thats why I didnt find it! Its Sherburn-in-Elmet! not Sherburn nr Scarborough where I went.

Steve
If you're in the right place it's really not hard to miss! :P

Glad some people managed to get out today though
Old 26-07-08, 06:01 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek.steve View Post
Took mine for a blast today too... up towards Malton, back along the a64, looking for a Bikers cafe place at Sherburn, but never found it. Nice ride though, me and the lad thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Steve
Its funny actually, there is a 'meon hut' meet up the A32 ... any/every weekend there is a few bikers converging there. My little ridout found me near there at one point ...

I put a bit of Go-Go juice in at the petrol station next to the meeting place and thought about popping in afterwards ... there was prolly 20+ bikes there ... I pulled out of the petrol station and thought CBA!! ... I was enjoying the riding too much to sit in a carpark trying to be polite with people spouting biker BS!!
Old 26-07-08, 07:54 PM   #8
gettin2dizzy

I've learnt a similar lesson. Normally I head out wanting to hoon around as fast as possible; but I'm always left pis$ed off at the crap roads, visibility and other drivers.
Backing off a little in to a smooth cruise is infinitely more satisfying
Old 26-07-08, 09:09 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I'm out tmorrow as today I was buying summer clothes for my holiday!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-08, 09:23 PM   #10
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

i did 97 miles last night, nuts to going out on the town

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote