SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-10-15, 01:02 PM   #1
zombie

Default Chec Code question

Happy Friday

I have "CHEC" coming on intermittently when in neutral or 1st. Engine running. Stationary or moving along.

Have read a couple of threads on here and gone through these:

- Kill switch set to 'Stop' - NO
- Bike in gear & sidestand down - NO
- FI Fault Type 1 (as shown by a static "FI" on the LCD display). If this is the case the bike is rideable, but should be sorted ASAP. This is typically not enough current getting to the injectors for one reason or another. More often than not the bike won't start, or it'll run on 1 cylinder.
- FI Fault Type 2 (as shown by flashing "FI" on the LCD). If this is the case DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START THE ENGINE. This is typically a failed injector (expensive). - NO FI CODE
- Low oil level (well, pressure). Don't attempt to start until you've resolved this. ASSUME NOT AS ENGINE RUNNING?

In all cases, usually the red light (Oil/FI) will be on, so that's pretty useless. - NO

Work done on bike recently - ONLY CLEANED AND APPLICATION OF ACF-50. THAT'S PRETTY RARE, BUT SHOULDN'T SHOCK THE BIKE INTO PANIC!

Bike running fine.

Anything to worry about? Any more checks needed?

I thought maybe the ACF-50 could have knocked something like the side stand sensor, but that may be dumb.

Thank you
zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-15, 01:27 PM   #2
Cymraeg_Atodeg

Default Re: Chec Code question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
hiya daz, I had the exact same problem when I first bought my sv in december - its a k5 pointy and if I start the engine then leave it to stand for say 5 mins, it shows "Chec". Seems to be a recurring glitch on the k3-k5's as someone told me about 6 months ago.

Most often it's to let you know (before starting the engine) you've got the bike in gear, with the sidestand down.

If you've checked all the things baph has listed, and they're all fine - it's just a random error. Mine does it every now and again but it's never missed a beat and I check all the bits regularly.

Best I could find
Old 23-10-15, 01:44 PM   #3
zombie

I saw that too. Was looking for a second reassurance!
Old 23-10-15, 02:46 PM   #4
Cymraeg_Atodeg

All I can say is I must have been lucky, I only get "CHEC" if I kick the Thou' into 1st and the side stand is down or if the kill switch is set too off when I turn the ignition on.

Sorry I can't be more help
Old 23-10-15, 04:26 PM   #5
Fen Tiger

Maybe water in the sidestand switch or connection from washing the bike? Squirt of WD or blast of compressed air. Just a guess.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-15, 08:49 AM   #6
zombie

still don't have a solution, but apparently this could be the problem?

1) broken/flaky communication wire (Black/Green) between the ECM and the gauge, 2) bad connection inside the gauge, or 3) failed ECM data output.

Does that sound plausible and if so, is there any problem ignoring...?

Thanks