SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-06-05, 01:20 PM   #1
SVeeedy Gonzales

Default Armoured jeans

With the hot weather last Friday, I was looking around for something cooler on the bike and found plenty of stuff like this:

http://www.motorcycle-uk.com/giali/Denimjeans.html

But has anyone actually tried them? I do about 50 miles/day at 70mph and another 30 at 30mph. I'm sure they'll be fine at town speeds but I'm not totally confident that they'll be up to coming off at 70mph or more.
Old 01-06-05, 01:28 PM   #2
Grinch

Been told they work very well, you could also try 'Hoof Jeans' and 'Dragin Jeans' as another possbile choice.
Old 01-06-05, 05:23 PM   #3
Rockin' Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Been told they work very well, you could also try 'Hoof Jeans' and 'Dragin Jeans' as another possbile choice.
Its hood jeans, im planning on picking up a pair of draggins on friday, ill let you know how they are!

RoB
Old 01-06-05, 06:33 PM   #4
will

make sure you try them on and try getting on a bike with draggin' jeans for comfort and fit testing

the sizes come up small!

i think mr bizzy was going to buy some, try a PM to him if you want a user review

hth
will
Old 01-06-05, 07:18 PM   #5
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

try here http://www.dragginjeans.co.uk/

i was gonna get a pair last summer but never got round to it. deffo want a pair this year.

Watch the vid on the draggin jeans site....proves they are good for abrassion resistance but i'm sure some armour would be needed for impact resistance.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-05, 08:09 PM   #6
Rockin' Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Watch the vid on the draggin jeans site....proves they are good for abrassion resistance but i'm sure some armour would be needed for impact resistance.
my thoughts exactly!

RoB
Old 01-06-05, 08:32 PM   #7
Grinch

You could put in some armour pockets and add in that thin, Hein-Gericke armour? I think Hood Jeans have already got pockets so they could be a good choice, plus they are cheaper than the dragin ones.
Old 01-06-05, 11:28 PM   #8
Valman

Hood jeans are also fully Aramid lined above the shins aswell where as a lot of other brands seem to just put patches of kevlar in places where you would need them most.
Old 04-06-05, 03:58 PM   #9
Rockin' Rob

evenin'!

well, i didnt get the draggin' jeans in the end, they were a bit too 'restrictive' for my taste!

so i got a pair of their beigey cargo trousers, same kevlar lining and having spent the day on a 125, seem comfy enough. luckily i didnt get a chance to test their protection, but ive heard plenty of good reviews.

hope thats useful!
RoB
Old 04-06-05, 05:32 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Hey Rob, where did you get them from mate? Website or did you find a shop that has a decent stock?
The only shop i know that has them is on Kings Rd and only had 1 pair last time i was there.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote