SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-01-07, 10:14 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default spraying a fairing panel.

is it worth doing this your self is it difficult? would it look crapola? has anyone every tryed?
my problem is i need to get a k6 blue/silver nose cone sprayed sonic silver but i need it doing as cheap as poss. the 650 i should be selling owe's me money so the more it costs me to get it sprayed the more money it owe's me if i need it doing properly any ideas how much a job like this would cost?
Old 17-01-07, 10:18 PM   #2
muffles

if a tank is around £100 (i think i've heard that somewhere) i'd suppose £50-£100 would do it?
Old 18-01-07, 12:05 AM   #3
ben650

i charge about £120ish if thats any help
Old 18-01-07, 11:18 AM   #4
craigk

Default Re: spraying a fairing panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
is it worth doing this your self is it difficult? would it look crapola? has anyone every tryed?
my problem is i need to get a k6 blue/silver nose cone sprayed sonic silver but i need it doing as cheap as poss. the 650 i should be selling owe's me money so the more it costs me to get it sprayed the more money it owe's me if i need it doing properly any ideas how much a job like this would cost?
hey kwak try this place by me.PIT STOP i think... he wanted £120 to do my fairings and hugger.the place is hard to spot cause its only a little unit and the painter looks like norris from corrie street.but he had a bike there and some other photo`s and its a million % perfect
Old 18-01-07, 12:36 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

It's quite hard to spray well, cheaply... You need a lot of stuff to do it right- filler, various wet and dries, primer, spray, topcoat- so it adds up. By the time you've got all the stuff, if you're starting from scratch, it's not much of a saving over a pro job and it'll almost certainly come out worse. I did the whole bike and saved maybe a couple of hundred quid, but it took a huge amount of time and it's just not up to pro standard. I'm glad I did it, and I'm pretty proud of the standard I got as a beginner, but it makes no sense, not if you can get it sprayed for £100 or thereabouts. You could PM Big Al as well...

Question- how much is a new one? Not all that expensive I think, for the pointy...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-07, 03:32 PM   #6
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
hey kwak try this place by me.PIT STOP i think... he wanted £120 to do my fairings and hugger.the place is hard to spot cause its only a little unit and the painter looks like norris from corrie street.but he had a bike there and some other photo`s and its a million % perfect
i know this place craigk, i'll get a quote from there.
you live close to this place? i'm only about 2 miles away
Old 18-01-07, 06:15 PM   #7
craigk

you live close to this place? i'm only about 2 miles away [/quote]

na i`m just off the willenhall road.east park.....