PDA

View Full Version : hi is there any other engins that will fit in the 650 sk ?

thelilbigtony
31-03-09, 08:40 PM
every 1 i spokein to say the 01 02 models r chewing cranks an so was lookin 4 a diffrent engin altogether

husky03
31-03-09, 08:44 PM
who you spoke to?

thelilbigtony
31-03-09, 08:47 PM
every 1 that has got an engin an even brakes all sayin cranks ****ed or badly worn

TSM
31-03-09, 08:48 PM
every 1 that has got an engin an even brakes all sayin cranks ****ed or badly worn

what language do you speak?

TSM
31-03-09, 08:51 PM
turn it the other way , K3+ bikes are the ones that aparently have issues with the crank

you can put a K3+ engine in a curvey frame if you want, you can either go the whole hog and put the fuel injection in, you would need loom, ecu, clocks, throttle bodies, airbox, fueltank, or you can put a K3+ engine in and just replace the flywheel from the curvey and keep the carbs

i think above is mostly correct, woops i forgot to cut the letters off the end of my words

husky03
31-03-09, 08:53 PM
i think above is mostly correct, woops i forgot to cut the letters off the end of my words

yo craz foo

:)

TSM
31-03-09, 08:54 PM
yo craz foo

:)

looks like you need to change your keyboard, a few keys ar no wokng

thelilbigtony
31-03-09, 08:59 PM
haha soooooo funy they all work looking somthink other than an sv engin 03's spit rod just ****

husky03
31-03-09, 09:00 PM
:clown:

Dan
31-03-09, 09:25 PM
haha soooooo funy they all work looking somthink other than an sv engin 03's spit rod just ****

Sorry

But

WHAT THE HOLY F**K

Does

That

Say?

thelilbigtony
31-03-09, 09:28 PM
am lookin 4 a engin that will fit in to an sv 650 sk frame other than other sv engins

haggis
31-03-09, 09:30 PM
You're not gonna get an IL4 in there, or a parallel twin. Maybe a big single, xt660 (but thats under 50bhp). Two stroke twin, perhaps...but you were wanting reliable, lol!

Well, assuming you want some other 4stroke V-twin in there of equal or slightly bigger cc's there's not much to choose from. Remember, it's going to have to have the rear exhaust port offset to the nearside - the same as the SV, otherwise you'll hit the shock.

I suppose if you carry over the carbs+ airbox off the donor bike, you'd need the tank too as it's most likely sculpted to suit the airbox it was designed for. Then, does that tank suit the shape of the frame.

It's a minefield. If I were you, I'd just live with the slim possibility of crank probs in the SV engine.... unless you specifically set out to do a project bike, in which case, fire ahead and keep us updated. :cool:

speedplay
31-03-09, 09:30 PM
Calm down...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00715/SCOUSE_682x400_715312a.jpg

Dan
31-03-09, 09:33 PM
am lookin 4 a engin that will fit in to an sv 650 sk frame other than other sv engins

non.

Je ne sais pas.

Parlez vous anglais?

Avez vous champs elysees?

Attention all Smart-Arses. Yes, I do know what I just said.

fizzwheel
31-03-09, 09:34 PM
the only time I've heard of SV's throwing the crank is when they've been run with low oil level or no oil at all. Keep an eye on the oil level and service it when its supposed do and it will go on forever. Plenty of examples of this on this forum.

I doubt you'll get a different motor in there without serious frame surgery if at all.

dizzyblonde
31-03-09, 09:36 PM
Maybe a big single, xt660 (but thats under 50bhp). Two stroke twin, perhaps...but you were wanting reliable, lol!

xt600 very difficult
Two stroke twin....why bother

....from the other end of the couch;)

thelilbigtony
31-03-09, 09:37 PM
not lookin to do project just want some it wiv bit more kick an reliable an me engin is well ****ed up
dropped a valve as well as the crank bein a mess

Dan
31-03-09, 09:38 PM
not lookin to do project just want some it wiv bit more kick an reliable an me engin is well ****ed up

Defnitelly

nu byk tym.

fizzwheel
31-03-09, 09:39 PM
want some it wiv bit more kick an reliable an me engin is well ****ed up

Fit a new SV engine to what you have.. you can find them in breakers or ebay for around the £300 - £500 mark and then sell your bike and buy something else.

TSM
31-03-09, 09:42 PM

This may be one idea.....

Get a diffrent bike and learn how to write better.

Biker Biggles
31-03-09, 09:49 PM
Is thelilbigtony an anagram of lobotomy?

Coat!

dizzyblonde
31-03-09, 09:50 PM
Defnitelly

nu byk tym.

just get a new good engine

aye did..innit

speedplay
31-03-09, 09:50 PM

Harsh but oh so true..

Paul the 6th
01-04-09, 10:48 AM

"I say dear chap, that is rather amusing. So do most sv engine's work in different sv frames? I am browsing for something other than an SV650 engine. Spit rod just shiit?"

SoulKiss
01-04-09, 10:50 AM

Stick a new SV engine in there and spend the time saved learning to spell..........

hob
01-04-09, 10:50 AM

LOL.

Ceri JC
01-04-09, 12:04 PM
Nothing you'll be able to fit in there, other than another SV engine, that would be economically viable, would be more reliable.

ou, voulez vous prefereriez,

Nthin pt in the sV wth bstd engin, cept nother sv engie, tht woudnt cost bg buks, wdnt brake soon neway

yorkie_chris
01-04-09, 12:10 PM
nwt rong wit sv ngine. 99s n 2000s r eatin dem big ends if thik cnt wners dnt put oil in em. tis gud tho, cs if dey 2 fukkin stupd t pt oil in dem motr thed kll emslvs newy. prollly fr bst..
03s r spittn rods vry occsnlly so dnt wrry bwt it.

yu cn fit ne motr, bt it csts ltsa dsh.

P.s Many excellent and free browsers such as the mozilla projects "Firefox" come with a spell check function built in. May I suggest you use one, you may find people more forthcoming with information if you speak English. You thick tw4t.

plowsie
01-04-09, 12:15 PM
nwt rong wit sv ngine. 99s n 2000s r eatin dem big ends if thik cnt wners dnt put oil in em. tis gud tho, cs if dey 2 fukkin stupd t pt oil in dem motr thed kll emslvs newy. prollly fr bst..

P.s Many excellent and free browsers such as the mozilla projects "Firefox" come with a spell check function built in. May I suggest you use one, you may find people more forthcoming with information if you speak English. You thick tw4t.
Lollll :lol:

My Firefox as I have quoted this, has red lines almost everywhere lol.

Dan
01-04-09, 12:18 PM

Harsh. But fair.

Nicky S
01-04-09, 02:55 PM
i can read that lol i have never heard any of what you are saying before

captainsmelly
01-04-09, 03:01 PM

You can read it? Dude you could be the official org translating type person!

yorkie_chris
01-04-09, 03:08 PM

Care to go through the thread and explain? I reckon the chavtastic hat you're wearing in your avatar gives you the credentials for the job.

Nicky S
01-04-09, 03:10 PM
Care to go through the thread and explain? I reckon the chavtastic hat you're wearing in your avatar gives you the credentials for the job.

ohhh cheers YC ur mean :(

Nicky S
01-04-09, 03:11 PM
You can read it? Dude you could be the official org translating type person!

lol

yorkie_chris
01-04-09, 03:13 PM
ohhh cheers YC ur mean :(

That wasn't mean at all, I could go on allll day. You're from down south...

rowdy
01-04-09, 03:41 PM

Stp it, eye hav jst pised mislf,,'-.

carnivore
01-04-09, 03:43 PM
Ere, duz u lt no nuffin. the moz baggin mota wud be a nova sr. strate in a sv frame. add the SRI badge and its mint. innit clart.

chunkytfg
01-04-09, 03:48 PM
I believe what the dear chap is trying to say is that he is under the misguided impression that the SV engine is a touch fragile.

Further more he has been led to beleive that the 2001/2002 engines have a weak crank. This is infact incorrect as it is the 2003 engines, the first of the fuel injected bikes, that had this issue and it mainly only happened with bikes used for racing.

Again the original poster(The degenerate tw4t) has also been led to believe that the latter injected engines have weak conrods aswell as crankshafts. again i think this is an unfounded allegation as the only conrods to have snapped that i know about are again engines used for racing only this time with a bit of reasonable tuning. In fact My old race bike snapped a conrod whilst being ridden in Assen but that was in a very state of tune.

does that clear things up?

davepreston
01-04-09, 03:57 PM
I believe what the dear chap is trying to say is that he is under the misguided impression that the SV engine is a touch fragile.

Further more he has been led to beleive that the 2001/2002 engines have a weak crank. This is infact incorrect as it is the 2003 engines, the first of the fuel injected bikes, that had this issue and it mainly only happened with bikes used for racing.

Again the original poster(The degenerate tw4t) has also been led to believe that the latter injected engines have weak conrods aswell as crankshafts. again i think this is an unfounded allegation as the only conrods to have snapped that i know about are again engines used for racing only this time with a bit of reasonable tuning. In fact My old race bike snapped a conrod whilst being ridden in Assen but that was in a very state of tune.

does that clear things up?

spek eglis mann wot u on bout :laughat:

zsv650
01-04-09, 04:04 PM
feck all wrong with the sv engine's mostly down to the owners not checking & servicing them properly strong as a ox they are.

Sally
01-04-09, 05:00 PM
How the fu(k have I missed this thread? :)

Nicky S
01-04-09, 05:07 PM
That wasn't mean at all, I could go on allll day. You're from down south...

bite my shiny metal ass YC hehe

*runs away

carnivore
01-04-09, 05:17 PM
bite my shiny metal ass YC hehe

Proof of his southern pervery!!!!!!

SoulKiss
01-04-09, 05:21 PM
Proof of his southern pervery!!!!!!

Southerness is a point of view

To me you are almost as Southern............................

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

carnivore
01-04-09, 05:23 PM
Ho don't, you'll make me blush. :p

MattCollins
01-04-09, 06:20 PM
How the fu(k have I missed this thread? :)

Same here... Funny stuff... Still cleaning the coffee of my screen.

skyline
01-04-09, 06:28 PM
I guess the other reason chavs don't like them is the wheelie oil starvation issue, although I'm sure there are others who wheelie sv's without problems...

Someone on the svrider forum has stuck a Honda CR500 engine into an sv though

Lozzo
01-04-09, 10:44 PM

Innit, Bludd

Nicky S
01-04-09, 10:46 PM
I guess the other reason chavs don't like them is the wheelie oil starvation issue, although I'm sure there are others who wheelie sv's without problems...

Someone on the svrider forum has stuck a Honda CR500 engine into an sv though

i have never had a problem geting my sv up :P

Magnum
01-04-09, 11:09 PM
I cant seem to get my CG up.

simesb
01-04-09, 11:12 PM

Take a blue pill for that. :p

skidmarx
02-04-09, 08:56 AM
Sorry, did I miss something here? Since when is this forum a place to bully and take the p*s$ out of people who may/may not have difficulty with the english language? grow up ffs. The guy was asking for advice from a bike forum, he/she doesn't need advice that no doubt he has heard a million times before. I could decode all that was written, some of you chose not too because.....well...it makes you feel superior to pretend you can't!
Pathetic. Some welcome....

plowsie
02-04-09, 08:57 AM
A-f*ckin-men

yorkie_chris
02-04-09, 09:52 AM
Sorry, did I miss something here? Since when is this forum a place to bully and take the p*s$ out of people who may/may not have difficulty with the english language? grow up ffs. The guy was asking for advice from a bike forum, he/she doesn't need advice that no doubt he has heard a million times before. I could decode all that was written, some of you chose not too because.....well...it makes you feel superior to pretend you can't!

There is such a thing as making an effort, he did not, so let the pi$$ taking commence.

SoulKiss
02-04-09, 09:57 AM

He got advice - learn to write properly before you do anything else.......

alexs
02-04-09, 09:59 AM

You obviously aren't doing it right :P (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiq5LxpOkY)

SoulKiss
02-04-09, 10:02 AM
You obviously aren't doing it right :P (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exiq5LxpOkY)

Obviously Magnums trouble is the weight of his lid.............

skidmarx
02-04-09, 11:18 AM
He got advice - learn to write properly before you do anything else.......

Well what can I say....if only it was that easy for everyone! I don't see why english language skills are a pre-requisite for a basic level of respect. If that's the way you see the world, then well...I'm glad your not running it.
Not everyone has the same skills, just because you spot a defecit ( not sure why your looking in the first place) doesn't give you the right imo to put somebody else down. I'm sure you have things your not so good at, we all do me included. This is a bike forum after all, not the society for correct spelling punctuation and grammar. Who knows what effort has been made to improve the posters English, and who are you to ask? If you can't understand what was written, then ask politely or move on, is that too much to ask?

skidmarx
02-04-09, 11:19 AM
There is such a thing as making an effort, he did not, so let the pi$$ taking commence.
You have no idea how much effort was made.

Alpinestarhero
02-04-09, 11:25 AM
Well what can I say....if only it was that easy for everyone! I don't see why english language skills are a pre-requisite for a basic level of respect. If that's the way you see the world, then well...I'm glad your not running it.
Not everyone has the same skills, just because you spot a defecit ( not sure why your looking in the first place) doesn't give you the right imo to put somebody else down. I'm sure you have things your not so good at, we all do me included. This is a bike forum after all, not the society for correct spelling punctuation and grammar. Who knows what effort has been made to improve the posters English, and who are you to ask? If you can't understand what was written, then ask politely or move on, is that too much to ask?

I just sent a PM to the guy to try and help him out with his query. Whilst I have found it hard to understand the english, I think i get the jist. I mentioned to him not to worry; if my dad came on here and typed to you guys, he would probably get flamed too as his english isn't great.

The bloke could be foreign too?

Dan
02-04-09, 11:34 AM
The bloke could be foreign too?

Matt, I like you, you know that, you're a top bloke.

But boy, you are so kind.

Foreign - cobblers.

Lazy (IMO) - definitely!

Alpinestarhero
02-04-09, 11:36 AM
Matt, I like you, you know that, you're a top bloke.

But boy, you are so kind.

Foreign - cobblers.

Lazy (IMO) - definitely!

lol maybe, but...well, yea, you said it, I'm kind and like to think the best of people

:D

BigFootIsBlurry
02-04-09, 11:41 AM
I think he's been scared away now anyway.

dizzyblonde
02-04-09, 11:43 AM
hey look its the thread that started the spellchecker thread in idle banter.....and its still flippin being debated.........

I rest my case, obviously not just me then getting annoyed!

Gazza77
02-04-09, 02:10 PM
Sorry, did I miss something here? Since when is this forum a place to bully and take the p*s$ out of people who may/may not have difficulty with the english language? grow up ffs. The guy was asking for advice from a bike forum, he/she doesn't need advice that no doubt he has heard a million times before.

I agree fully with this.

I'd suggest however that there is a difference between doing your best to type in understandable English and using text speak. Whilst I think that some of the replies to the OP border on just plain offensive, the OP clearly needs to make an effort to communicate in a language that the majority of the forum users have at least a small chance of understanding. That is only common forum courtesy.

MattCollins
02-04-09, 02:19 PM

If he had been Italian, Chinese or whatever who had a difficult time with English which would have been obvious from grammar, then I am sure members here would make concessions. I am also sure that if literacy is an issue, concessions would be made, but that looked to me like some mutation of irc or im.

Yes, I could decypher it, but why should I have to (it is not easy reading) especially after the OP has been asked not to write like that. He could have gotten away with it but he gave no indication that I could easily see that English is a problem. To continue without such indication is just plain disrespectful towards forum members. It has absolutely nothing to do with superiority. While the sh** was laid on a bit heavy, it was not entirely undeserved.

Cheers

simesb
02-04-09, 03:51 PM
You have no idea how much effort was made.

Not enough.

speedplay
02-04-09, 04:23 PM
I cant seem to get mine up..

monkey
02-04-09, 04:35 PM
...I'm sure you have things your not so good at, we all do me included...

;) Only messing.

What does OP stand for?

Dan
02-04-09, 04:37 PM
;) Only messing.

What does OP stand for?

Original Post or Original Poster depending on context.

Raf
02-04-09, 04:39 PM
Enough. The damage has been done. If you wish to discuss the merits or demerits of making fun of someone not fully using they keyboard take it please take it to idle banter.