PDA

View Full Version : Clarke CIR13C 1/2" Impact Wrench Kit (12V)

zxmark9r
06-06-14, 05:02 PM
Bought one of the above recently, as I was unable to get the front sprocket bolt of my wifes SV650. I had tried to do it with a 20” torque wrench, but it just wouldn’t budge.
A few second was all it took with this 12v impact wrench.
I don't know how robust it would be for heavy/prolonged use, but for this job it was fab.
Highly recommended. :)
Mark

admin
06-06-14, 06:57 PM
I've got something similar that I bought from Aldi. Well worth having. I think I only paid about £15 for it.

sent via Pony Express

Specialone
06-06-14, 07:09 PM
You tried to undo a hard to undo nut with a torque wrench? They are not designed for that.

A 24 inch breaker bar will crack most nuts.

admin
06-06-14, 07:43 PM
You tried to undo a hard to undo nut with a torque wrench? They are not designed for that.

A 24 inch breaker bar will crack most nuts.

I used to struggle with sprocket nuts even using extended bars. I used to go to the local bike shop and use their air hammer to loosen stubborn nuts. The tool I have now is much the same thing but 12v powered

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/07/erype3yn.jpg

sent via Pony Express

SIII
07-06-14, 03:38 PM
Quickest way to ruin a torque wrench is using it as a breaker bar - oops! Looks like you need to save up for a new torque wrench.

zxmark9r
07-06-14, 05:50 PM
Quickest way to ruin a torque wrench is using it as a breaker bar - oops! Looks like you need to save up for a new torque wrench.

The torque wrench is good for 230nm the sprocket nut is set to 145nm, so I don't think it would have damaged it!

Specialone
07-06-14, 05:55 PM
The torque wrench is good for 230nm the sprocket nut is set to 145nm, so I don't think it would have damaged it!

Yeah but for tightening, releasing stuck nuts will often see an initial release torque of way beyond the spec for the nut.

Breaker bars are for cracking nuts (or that impact wrench you bought).

Winder
07-06-14, 06:09 PM
I got one of those little impact wrenches to get seized damper rod bolts out of my old bike forks. Worked a treat