PDA

View Full Version : Bolt kit review 03>05

chewy22
10-03-05, 04:39 PM
Bolt kit review 03>05

Ok having looked at my post http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=18205&highlight= I see about 930 plus have had a look and approximately 20 have perches the bolt kit for the 03>05 SV650
But I suspect most are still awaiting the long awaited review on the kits.
I think it’s very important I get feed back to make sure I have got it right and also put anything right if I have over looked something.
So what I need to know is the instructions OK are all bolts covered that you expected to be.And a tru opinion on the kit and service.

Thanks for any replies.

chewy

www.chewys-stuff.co.uk/

Cloggsy
10-03-05, 04:42 PM
Chewy,

Sorry for the delay, I haven't even looked at fitting my kit yet :roll:

As soon as I do I will post feedback about the kit...

Hopefully someone else will fit their kit soon & feedback will be forthcoming ;)

chewy22
13-03-05, 05:53 PM
Only one ?
Sent via PM

Only a little niggle about the bolt kit, there arn't any tank bolts or the bolts for the little plastic side covered. I've used overs from the kit but, might be worth thinking about including.

I did look at these but they did seem good quality. So I didn't feel the need to replace them.

chewy22
15-03-05, 09:26 PM
BUMP :?:

PoRk ChOp
16-03-05, 11:07 AM
I will be fitting mine this weekend.
I will give you a full report on how I get on, and the good/bad points of the kit.

PoRk ChOp
20-03-05, 04:15 PM
Right, I have finally put my bolt kit on the bike (well most of it)

The quality of the bolts are fantastic :thumbsup:

The instructions are spot on for someone with no mechanical skills whatsoever. I managed to put all the engine bolts on (apart from one) without any problems at all.

Chewy - can you recommend a way of getting the bolt out from right under the engine above/behind the exhaust? I have given up for the time being :lol:

My only critisism of the kit is the final bag of bolts, I didnt have a bloody clue where or what to do with them (it may be in the instructions and I may have missed it, If I have then let me know)

Well done to Chewy for helping to get rid of all that Suzuki cheese 8)

chewy22
20-03-05, 05:12 PM
quote My only critisism of the kit is the final bag of bolts, I didnt have a bloody clue where or what to do with them (it may be in the instructions and I may have missed it, If I have then let me know)

There should have been a long list with the kit. If you sort them out by type and size start at the top and work your way down should be simple to do.

PoRk ChOp
20-03-05, 05:55 PM
:oops: :oops: Your right, sorry mate :oops: :oops:

In that case the kit is spot on :thumbsup:

chewy22
27-08-05, 10:19 AM
No problem.