PDA

View Full Version : The Last word (AE07)

Pages : [1] 2

rictus01
24-06-07, 09:25 PM
OK people last post on the subject before the event.

The schedule has been posted so have a look, should be a good weekend but that’s down to all of you, the meet & greet team will be there to direct as needed and hand out name badges, competition forms & map/tanklist ( for AR07), so make sure you visit them when you arrive (or go find them, mug shots in their thread).

There will be a central lit area with a bit of music and chat in place of the social turns( all arranged stuff will be happening here), Quiff will be doing a quiz at BBQ time (Sat), so don’t miss that, a bit later Sid Squid will be showing some basic service and safety checks and perhaps common issues if time allows, a demo of puncture repair using both the Rep & Air plugs and also the sticky string, if you’ve never used one it’s worth knowing and you’ll never have to wait for a recovery man to do it again. A basic look at what to do if you come across an accident (or it happens to your mate on a rideout) , will be the tech turns.

For the new guys or those not used to this sort of thing an experienced eye will be available Saturday morning to have a look if you have a specific concern about your bike. (see schedule).
Note: This is not a free MOT or anything like it, those who’ll check for you are there for a weekend away too, don’t dominate their time, however if you should find yourself with a possible problem with your bike, an informal, but experienced eye will offer an opinion.
Other things to mention, well the lovely KrazyKim will be doing a beer run (as she has the car there, so at 6pm Saturday she’ll be taking orders (pay up front) and she’ll save you a trip (she of course will expect a brew if you’re making one, but that’s a small price to pay).

I’ll have a fair assortment of tools and a number of us will be carrying spares (levers, cables, nuts & bolts, fuses, bulbs, general fix-it stuff) so if you’ve a problem give us a shout we may just be able to save the day !

Although no first aid cover is provided, we do have a number of St Johns trained people and I myself was an Ambulance Paramedic for 12 years, so if you want a second opinion let us know.

Last minute list - Don’t forget!

Check your bike, tyres, brakes & fluids.
Sidestand puck (you’re parking in a field).
Chain loob ( it’s a long way).
Charge your phone.
Take details of recovery (if you’ve got it).
Plastic bags (even if your bags are supposed to be waterproof, always wise to pack everything in plastic bags to be sure).
If you have new alu cookware, boil water in it first (unless you like that metallic taste).
Money.
Aspirin/ Paracetamol (might need that Sunday morning)

Oh and set your recorders for the Assen GP.

Have fun and see you there!

Cheers Mark.

Richie
24-06-07, 09:39 PM
Good first parade advise there, See you soon, Looking forward to this now..:)

timwilky
25-06-07, 07:38 AM
Strangely I was about to post a plea for people to check their bikes in view of experiences in the past.

We all know what the law requires on tyres, I know of one guy who had a ruined trip to the south of France because by Lyon his front brakes were metal to metal and it cost him not only the set of pads put a pair of disks as well.

If you have any "bodges" on your bike, check that they are sound (Gear lever bolts or tie wrapped mudguards sound familiar).

We don't know the weather, so a good set of waterproofs.

A quick check on your tyres, chain, lights, indicators, brakes, oil as Rictus has said. Bike shops are not within easy travelling of the site/route, so best avoid having to find one. For once go sensible with baffles/plates a large group in this area will attract plod attention and it would be a shame to get the whole group pulled over because one obscenely loud exhaust woke up a sleeping plod etc.

It might also be worthwhile carrying your docs. Just incase there are any pulls. The quickest way to get moving again is to stop him writing a producer.

Baph
25-06-07, 08:25 AM
Sidestand puck (you’re parking in a field).

Can't find mine, so will be bringing a small lump of wood to spread the load on the sidestand through the mud. :thumbsup: I can probably score some more of these if people want, but I won't bring any extras unless people get in touch direct with me.

yorkie_chris
25-06-07, 10:49 PM
Sidestand puck? Use a flattened beer can, I'm sure I can be convinced into drinking the contents for anyone in need :D

Baph
26-06-07, 08:33 AM
Sidestand puck? Use a flattened beer can, I'm sure I can be convinced into drinking the contents for anyone in need :D
Whilst being sound logic, for those arriving first, they're likely to have to park in a field whilst drinking that can. The field will undoubtedly be soft at least (due to the rain) so the inevitable could happen even whilst the first person is drinking the first can.

Hence me bringing wood ;)

hovis
26-06-07, 08:44 AM
The field will undoubtedly be soft at least ;)

SOFT?

its going to be a mud baph :rolleyes:

hovis
26-06-07, 08:46 AM
Sid Squid will be showing some basic service and safety checks and perhaps common issues if time allows
[/COLOR]

if hes wanting to demonstrate an oil change, i will voulanter my bike:takeabow:

melody
26-06-07, 02:42 PM
What on earth is a side stand puck ?

As for everything else....

I took my bike in for an interim service yesterday and asked them to look at everything. Picked it up today and asked the salesman if there was anything of concern. He said "NO" and that was the end of that conversation.

So I'll trust that my bike is in good nick. As for spare nuts, bolts,fuses etc might as well be talking to me in the local language of Timbuktu.

Melody:)

Baph
26-06-07, 02:44 PM
A bit of plastic that you get when you buy a new bike. All it does is spead the load from the side stand to prevent the side stand digging into the floor & the bike falling over (distinct possibility in the middle of a wet field).

Also, don't ask salesmen any questions where the answer could be important, ask a technician if you have to (just not a sales technician or a customer technician). ;)

rigor
26-06-07, 02:45 PM
A side stand puck is basically a thick(ish) bit of plastic that you put under the bottom of your side stand to stop it sinking into soft ground. Anything the right size and toughness will do (hence suggestions of crushed beer cans and pieces of wood). Basically it spreads the load from the weight of the bike over a larger area.

TEC
26-06-07, 05:52 PM
Hence me bringing wood ;)
You know something, I suspect you may be the only person smiling the next day ;)

Pucks are all well and good but a bit of strong 6"x6" plank will be a whole lot better considering the amount of water you may find in the field

Guess someones going to ask if its flooded before you all arrive ;)

northwind
26-06-07, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I have a Cunning Plan in case it's too wet for pucks. But most campsites are well drained, and many have hard standings available if the surface really is bad. If it's as wet as some expect (and I very much doubt it tbh) then two things come to mind. One is that I'll be more worried about camping in a lake than whether my bike falls over, and the other is that if you pop in your mirrors, it probably won't matter if your bike falls over, since chances are it'll just get muddy and maybe break indicators and levers. Unless it falls on you while you sleep and kills you instantly of course.

I shall add another note to the general sensible suggestions, slightly pessimistic this one, but- if you have spare levers and puncture repair kits, it is wise to bring them. You can tape stuff like this securely inside fairings if you're suitably careful, so they take up no space at all but riding home with no front brake would kind of suck, and it really doesn't take much to snap one off. Hope for an upright weekend but plan for a crash, is my advice :) Trust one who knows!

I've got some curvy spares left over so I plan to bring whatever I can find as well as my own, but don't rely on it. Also, duck tape- the small rolls you can buy in camping shops- is a great thing to have, it fixes tents, it's brilliant for fairings, you can use it to protect fairings from bungees or even to tape on or waterproof luggage, and it can be pressed into service as insulating tape, or to attach a small rock to a gear lever to replace a toe section, all sorts of things. Duck tape is brilliant, it's not the best at any one thhing but it's OK at everything, and these rolls are really small

Also, spare gloves- everyone knows to bring waterproofs, right? RIGHT? But gloves get wet too, and there'll be no radiators, so, bring a spare pair.

I shall have the jump leads :)

This may be overpessimistic, but it could be the difference between ruining your weekend by dropping the bike in the car park or in the campsite, and not. I prefer Not.

Quiff Wichard
26-06-07, 07:34 PM
do you think Northy likes Duck tape?

this has turned into a thread Rictus!

I would add..

surgical gloves..!

tesco sell them in a packet of 10 ..

ideal for under gloves if cold or wet and under already wet gloves- a dry hand is a warm hand.

see you all there.

wyrdness
26-06-07, 07:50 PM

In my day they were the lids from Golden Virginia baccy tins. Do they still exist?

melody
26-06-07, 08:52 PM
I'm getting worried now. All this talk of what could potentially go wrong:(

I'm now anticipating my bike falling over (side stand puck or not), my front brake lever snapping off, my indicators snapping off, a punctured tyre, soaked hands, wet clothing and watery bed to go to after the end of a long windy route in the Dales.

But wait......I'm booked into a B&B , so a warm and dry bed for me:mrgreen:

And as for everything else, I'll just play the damsel in distress.

Bring it on I say

Melody

yorkie_chris
26-06-07, 09:22 PM
B&B?

Cheat!

BILLY
26-06-07, 09:38 PM
I'm getting worried now. All this talk of what could potentially go wrong:(

I'm now anticipating my bike falling over (side stand puck or not), my front brake lever snapping off, my indicators snapping off, a punctured tyre, soaked hands, wet clothing and watery bed to go to after the end of a long windy route in the Dales.

But wait......I'm booked into a B&B , so a warm and dry bed for me:mrgreen:

And as for everything else, I'll just play the damsel in distress.

Bring it on I say

Melody

I wouldn't brag about the B+B to much cause if it's ****ing it down you might have 20 od wet bikers squezing into bed with you:p

Jester666
26-06-07, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't brag about the B+B to much cause if it's ****ing it down you might have 60 odd wet bikers squeezing into bed with you:p

:smt046 Can't wait!!!

hovis
26-06-07, 10:49 PM
room for a little one?

Baph
27-06-07, 08:45 AM
At request of a few folks with concerns I have just called the campsite to enquire about the state of the field. The lady, she say (I'm parapharasing BTW)....

The field has drainage (being a camping field) but obviously this is limited. The field WILL be wet/damp at least by the time we get there!! In her words "obviously we can't help it if it's raining"... I don't think she understood my point, but ho hum.

BRING SIDE STAND PUCKS!!!

However, should anyone forget, she's also said that there is a carpark we can make use of. I'm not sure of the size of the carpark, so I wouldn't advise that everyone assumes they'll be able to fit in here!! The car park I suspect will be "farmers tarmac" (gravel on top of mud more likely - if this is the case, the bikes still may dig in!!).

HTH.

slark01
27-06-07, 09:18 AM
The carpark is not big but it will hold quite a few bikes, however we will have to be careful due to ramblers being at the site as well!

Baph
27-06-07, 09:20 AM
The carpark is not big but it will hold quite a few bikes, however we will have to be careful due to ramblers being at the site as well!
Plus any cars said ramblers have brought along too.

If I remember right, we're in the spare field and one of the BBQ's is booked up, so I'm expecting a fairly full campsite.

timwilky
27-06-07, 09:41 AM
Hmmm might just bring a second groundsheet

plowsie
27-06-07, 10:15 AM
Cheers for the last minuters Rictus :thumbsup: really looking forward to this now. Bit worried about the puckstand idea now lol, thing i might rob one of the wooden planks out of my garden lol

Baph
27-06-07, 10:20 AM
Cheers for the last minuters Rictus :thumbsup: really looking forward to this now. Bit worried about the puckstand idea now lol, thing i might rob one of the wooden planks out of my garden lol
I have a cunning plan to prevent bikes falling over as a last ditch solution, but I'm not disclosing it yet because I really don't want things to come to that.

plowsie
27-06-07, 10:21 AM
I have a cunning plan to prevent bikes falling over as a last ditch solution, but I'm not disclosing it yet because I really don't want things to come to that.
:smt026Please tell.....

dizzyblonde
27-06-07, 10:49 AM
think i might take a brick for a stand....at least its thick enough not to sink too much...bit like me really..thick

yorkie_chris
27-06-07, 10:50 AM
He's going to sleep under it. :safe:

dizzyblonde
27-06-07, 10:52 AM
oh yeah and comes in handy to launch at im indoors if his raptor breaks down again!!!!!!!!!!!

wyrdness
27-06-07, 10:52 AM
think i might take a brick for a stand....at least its thick enough not to sink too much...bit like me really..thick

A brick would be too tall to put your stand on. Plus it's heavy to carry. You want something fairly thin with a large surface area to distribute the weight.

yorkie_chris
27-06-07, 10:53 AM
Or she could bring her yellow one and it wouldnt be much the worse for a bit of mud on it :p

Baph
27-06-07, 10:59 AM
:smt026Please tell.....
Nope, more incentive for folks to make provisions if they're not molly coddled. ;) I'll tell you on the AR what my thoughts were/are though if you're still curious.

yorkie_chris
27-06-07, 11:02 AM
If my tent was bigger I'd put the bike inside lol

Did do last weekend in Masham, the Parents caravan awning was my garage for a while :D

dizzyblonde
27-06-07, 11:03 AM
A brick would be too tall to put your stand on. Plus it's heavy to carry. You want something fairly thin with a large surface area to distribute the weight.
my sidestand leans further, waiting to fit a new one. it stands on a flag stone in the shed so a brick would do. And as fer chris, wait til i see you next, cheeky git.. At this rate both sv's will be making an appearance,

plowsie
27-06-07, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking about taking the bike cover with me is anyone else doing this?

Viney
27-06-07, 11:47 AM
We bottled out. We're going in the car!!

Skip
27-06-07, 11:50 AM
We bottled out. We're going in the car!!
Seriously??! :-s

yorkie_chris
27-06-07, 11:53 AM
Thats being more of a pussy than staying in the B&B!!

hovis
27-06-07, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking about taking the bike cover with me is anyone else doing this?

nope

HTH

melody
27-06-07, 12:19 PM
I wouldn't brag about the B+B to much cause if it's ****ing it down you might have 20 od wet bikers squezing into bed with you:p

Thats alright. I'm not averse to helping those in need:grouphug:

Melody

Baph
27-06-07, 12:21 PM
Thats alright. I'm not averse to helping those in need:grouphug:

Melody
You have to change that sentiment before someone takes abuse of it...

melody
27-06-07, 12:26 PM
And as fer chris, wait til i see you next, cheeky git..

here here

:smt063

Melody

Ping
27-06-07, 12:27 PM
Out of curiosity... is this central area for all the social goings ons going to be sheltered?... i.e. gazebos.

Viney
27-06-07, 12:30 PM
Seriously??! :-s
Yup. Dont see anything worng in that. When you break the weekend down. Its 300 motorway miles up there, 300 motorway miles home (In the rain) 120ish mile rideout on possibly wet roads. We can still come with you lot you know. Be more fun in a Lupo GTi i reckon, also we can follow you all round with spares etc if needed.

The main reason for me, and verna is the social side of things. Meeting you friendly lot, and putting names to faces and you dont need a bike for that. Alos my rear tyre is borderline if it would make the milage, and there is no way im putting a new tyre on to leave most of it on the M6!!

It also helps out with some of the logisitcs of getting equipment up there as a couple of key members are not able to make it.

So, ok, its a car, but its quick and fun, and warm, and dry....ok, i'll stop, we are soft, but we're still camping :)

Thats all the excuses i can think of.

Out of curiosity... is this central area for all the social goings ons going to be sheltered?... i.e. gazebos.
I am to purchase one this very afternoon, so yes.

stewie
27-06-07, 12:36 PM
Im bringing a gazebo

Ping
27-06-07, 01:04 PM
Hm...
I'm now of two minds.

a) Bail. Stay at home where it's warm and dry, have warm and dry booze and Eve online weekend... did I mention warm and dry (there's also comfortable)?

b) Turn up. In the car. Bring 12 man tent, 2 4-man rooms (sleeps 2 comfortably, 4 very good friends tightly :lol:) free for bikers who don't need to carry a tent but would also have to wait for my arrival and stuff. I don't have a gazebo but I've got a couple of chairs... Could easily get caught up in traffic and it'll most CERTAINLY make my luvly clean new car filthy inside and out...

Argh... decisions...

Baph
27-06-07, 01:16 PM
All this talk of things with four wheels is sincerely disturbing :(

yorkie_chris
27-06-07, 01:19 PM
Scary stuff indeed, but at least we won't have a problem transporting ale to the campsite :D

dizzyblonde
27-06-07, 01:23 PM
i got four wheels. 2 on one bike, 2 on the other!!!!! cars? call emselves men!!Sorting out the true bikers from the scooterboyz eh??? only kidding.phnar phnar.They'll be laughing at us soggy peeps in the long run

Baph
27-06-07, 01:26 PM
I have no intention of being wet this weekend, I've got good enough waterproof gear to keep me dry on the bike (and this has been tested to extremes - 70mph in full spray where visibility was reduced drasitcally - bone dry under the very outer layer).

Not even my gloves leak (though the outer layer does hold a bit of water so they get heavy/fat fingers).

Gore-tex, marvellous invention.

Viney
27-06-07, 01:28 PM
All this talk of things with four wheels is sincerely disturbing :(
Been round the block too many time to know what i like and dont like. A wet muddy field is the former, and as said, not really going for the ride.

Ping, Option 2. You know you wanna. Plus i know a good Valeter for the car afterwards :)

Viney
27-06-07, 01:29 PM
I have no intention of being wet this weekend, I've got good enough waterproof gear to keep me dry on the bike (and this has been tested to extremes - 70mph in full spray where visibility was reduced drasitcally - bone dry under the very outer layer).

Not even my gloves leak (though the outer layer does hold a bit of water so they get heavy/fat fingers).

Gore-tex, marvellous invention.

*Packs bucket for dawn raid on Baphs inner tent*

stewie
27-06-07, 01:29 PM
Hm...
I'm now of two minds.

a) Bail. Stay at home where it's warm and dry, have warm and dry booze and Eve online weekend... did I mention warm and dry (there's also comfortable)?

b) Turn up. In the car. Bring 12 man tent, 2 4-man rooms (sleeps 2 comfortably, 4 very good friends tightly :lol:) free for bikers who don't need to carry a tent but would also have to wait for my arrival and stuff. I don't have a gazebo but I've got a couple of chairs... Could easily get caught up in traffic and it'll most CERTAINLY make my luvly clean new car filthy inside and out...

Argh... decisions...

How about we get Hovis and Grinch to wash your car as part of this date thing they are doin :)

Baph
27-06-07, 01:33 PM
How about we get Hovis and Grinch to wash your car in bikini's as part of this date thing they are doin :)
Hmmm...

yorkie_chris
27-06-07, 01:44 PM
Lol! now this IS getting scary!

:nomore:

Skip
27-06-07, 01:47 PM
Yup. Dont see anything worng in that. When you break the weekend down. Its 300 motorway miles up there, 300 motorway miles home (In the rain) 120ish mile rideout on possibly wet roads. We can still come with you lot you know. Be more fun in a Lupo GTi i reckon, also we can follow you all round with spares etc if needed.

The main reason for me, and verna is the social side of things. Meeting you friendly lot, and putting names to faces and you dont need a bike for that. Alos my rear tyre is borderline if it would make the milage, and there is no way im putting a new tyre on to leave most of it on the M6!!

It also helps out with some of the logisitcs of getting equipment up there as a couple of key members are not able to make it.

So, ok, its a car, but its quick and fun, and warm, and dry....ok, i'll stop, we are soft, but we're still camping :)

Thats all the excuses i can think of.
Thats fair enough I guess - its the first AR for me, so its all a novelty - camping by motorcycle, huge rideout etc...

Ping
27-06-07, 02:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to go on the bike - would if we were set to have a clear weekend - but I've had my fair share (7 years, 4-5 times a year) of wet, muddy camping (slogging through mud, fighting in mud, falling in mud, etc) and strangely enough, I've gone off it. :lol:

Danielsan, hai! muddy boots on muddy boots off muddy boots on muddy boots off

:lol:

Viney - deep inside I know you're right. My head's too full of 'what ifs'. Things like 'What if the weather screws up the roads and i'm stuck for hours parked up on the M1?' I won't have any armoured bike kit on so it'll really hurt when I beat myself up for not taking the bike or staying at home. :lol:

fizzwheel
27-06-07, 03:58 PM
I had simialr thoughts to what you lot are going through now before the North / South, weather had been rubbish, and the forecast was equally so.

I wasnt camping so I didnt have that to contend with but we did have a 350 mile ride there and then 350 miles back again.

We went, we got wet, in fact we had an ace time, riding in the wet on roads we didnt know and that from the looks of the AE route are more technical than the roads you guys are doing this weekend, actually made the weekend for me.

The weather will only spoil your weekend if you let it, If that means taking the car and staying dry then so be it, nobody is going to think any less of you.

Remember its not just about the ride, its about socialising and like Viney says you dont need a bike to do that. Also its going to be a gentle bimble rather than a fast paced hoon.

Ping
27-06-07, 04:05 PM
Wise words Fizz. :thumbsup:

Funny thing is though, I seem to be somewhat of a seesaw on this... Just before I read your post I changed my mind about the car and thought "stop being such a moany wuss! Take the bike, it'll be an adventure!" :lol:

Anyone else doing this or is it just me? :safe:

plowsie
27-06-07, 04:07 PM
Ent got a car so not a problem for me :D

fizzwheel
27-06-07, 04:10 PM
Wise words Fizz. :thumbsup:

Its easy for me to say, I'm not going !!

Even if I was I'd still take the bike. It rained in the evening last year it didnt spoil it one bit. Peeps were sat in the pub or sat round Sid Squids fun bus or mixing between the two groups.

After the wet roads on the North / South my confidence in the rain is much much improved. Theres a positive from everything and every situation if you look for it.

Its only one weekend a year and a lot of effort has gone into making it a good weekend, be a shame if everybody starts dropping out because of the weather IMHO.

Baph
27-06-07, 04:10 PM
I could take the car, but we'd probably fit the whole org in it.

It's also about as aerodynamic as a tower block, so it's staying at home. Biblical floods for all I care, I'll not be in the car!!

hovis
27-06-07, 04:14 PM
i was thinking of taking the cage (only cos of bike problems) but, i hate driving now, & the bike seems ok [-o< so its the bike for me

ping, it looks like you have some peeps to ride up with, which is cool,

Richie
27-06-07, 06:28 PM
I'm still going. rain or shine it matters not... As Fizz said, it's the people that make the Event.

See you all on Friday. 8)

Viney
27-06-07, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, just sorted out my chairs, forgot i had them. Comfy :)

northwind
27-06-07, 07:37 PM
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, people. Or occasionally, leaves you on life support. Rain can't spoil a weekend unles you let it. So don't.

Oh yes, I shall be bringing ye SV650 front cylinder waterproofing goop, if anyone wants some.

hovis
27-06-07, 07:42 PM
Oh yes, I shall be bringing ye SV650 front cylinder waterproofing goop, if anyone wants some.
yes please

Spiderman
27-06-07, 07:47 PM

Man ive changed my mind like 500 times today alone. Iv got a new (to me) rear wheel that has it own brake disk attached. A wise Squid advised i get new pads to bed into the groove shapes on that if i plan to use it.

It has much better rubber on it than i'm currently running too so my plan was to buy some brake pads on the way home and fit them ready for Friday morning.
Then i saw the updated weather report where the whole country was raining all day Saturday by the look of it. And the fact that its rainging here at the moment means i cant fit the pads anyway.

What the hell do i do now?

God i hate the british summertime :roll:

hovis
27-06-07, 08:17 PM
well............. im packing in the panniers:D

northwind
27-06-07, 10:12 PM
Spidey, any reason why you can't swap the discs? At worst, ride up with it as it is and we can do it on the site, no?

Quiff Wichard
27-06-07, 10:17 PM
i will be there whatever trevor :thumbsup:

Luckypants
27-06-07, 10:26 PM
I've had a minor disaster. While fitting my new hard luggage tonight I find there is one small but vital bit of metal missing! Grrrrr! now the back of my bike is in bits with half fitted brackets etc.

What's the betting they wont have the bit needed tomorrow at the shop?

Looks like the car is back on the cards! fazzam rackum rickem rastardly!

Grinch
27-06-07, 11:41 PM
I would just like to say if anyone is going up and would like to pillion for the rideout if they do just bring the car, then I'm more then happy to offer my rear seat. Though at the moment I'm not even sure if I can get the bike working.

hovis
28-06-07, 06:48 AM
i know there has been plans made for the nights, but what if its p1$$ing down?
i can see everyone just sat in their tents on their own:(

or in the pub?:smt045

BILLY
28-06-07, 06:51 AM
i know there has been plans made for the nights, but what if its p1$$ing down?
i can see everyone just sat in their tents on their own:(

or in the pub?:smt045

The pub sounds good:thumbsup:

hovis
28-06-07, 06:56 AM
The pub sounds good:thumbsup:

i wonder if they will let sid squid bring a bike in to the pub, to demonstrate some maintance, as i was looking foward to this:-s

BILLY
28-06-07, 07:01 AM
Could always sneak it in the back door:rolleyes:

mattSV
28-06-07, 07:06 AM
Fraser01 & I will now not be attending, due to the **** forecast.

The plan was that we would trailer our bikes up with our other halves, however having to drive 300 miles each way and then get soaked over the weekendwas not a pleasant prospect. I have no issue with riding in the rain, however it is not much fun, especially for pillions.

MrsMatt has a frozen shoulder at the moment, so potentially gtting wet/feeling cold over the weekend will not help that.

Gutted, as we were looking forward to a cracking weekend.

Have a good one guys :thumbsup:

hovis
28-06-07, 07:21 AM
Fraser01 & I will now not be attending, due to the **** forecast.
Have a good one guys :thumbsup:
tis a pity:(

but at least you would be dry on the way up & back, alot of us have to do the 300 miles up on the bikes.

Grinch
28-06-07, 07:56 AM
Argh more cancellations, at this rate I can't be **** myself.

Skip
28-06-07, 08:05 AM
Well, I must be mad as I riding to London tonight to stay with Bear and then ride up with the Soho lot tomorrow morning - according to the weather report all of those miles are going to be in the rain.... :(

Hey ho! :D

MrsMatt has a frozen shoulder at the moment, so potentially gtting wet/feeling cold over the weekend will not help that.
Nasty - a woman I used to work with had that from playing tennis - took 18 months to heal properly - hope MrsMatts isnt that bad....

hovis
28-06-07, 08:35 AM
Argh more cancellations, at this rate I can't be **** myself.

the thought of the 600 mile round trip in the rain, then a weekend with more rain,in a tent is hardly filling me with excitment either, at the moment............. but trying to get in the spirit & all that

:-({|=

plowsie
28-06-07, 08:43 AM
I'm still well up for it :D Whatever the weather!

BernardBikerchick
28-06-07, 08:47 AM
i'm going in car !!! gutted truly gutted but wanna still go!!!!!!!! xxx see you all these leaving now for cheshire see you all tomorrow !!!! excitesd now !!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :p :p :p :p :) :) :) :) :smt045 :smt045 :smt045 :smt045

hovis
28-06-07, 08:49 AM
the thought of the 600 mile round trip in the rain, then a weekend with more rain,in a tent is hardly filling me with excitment either, at the moment............. but trying to get in the spirit & all that

the violin is for me........ i'm not critersising (sp?) anyone

hovis
28-06-07, 08:49 AM
I'm still well up for it :D Whatever the weather!

awwwwwww bless:smt056

Ping
28-06-07, 09:45 AM
See here about sticking two fingers up at the weather... :thumbsup:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92258

Spiderman
28-06-07, 10:51 AM
Spidey, any reason why you can't swap the discs? At worst, ride up with it as it is and we can do it on the site, no?

Did think of that Northy but it was lashing it down last night so i wasnt even gonna go out there to take the wheel off etc.

Decisions, desicions eh? Having seen the severe wether warnings they've issued today i'm really in 2 minds if i'm comming or not :(
If i had a car i'd be comming in that for sure but i dont so that aint even an option.
And my fabric jacket has recently started to enjoy leaking on me in heavy or sustained rain so thats another factor. God i hate the british summer, sorry did i say that already :roll:

Ping
28-06-07, 11:08 AM
Did think of that Northy but it was lashing it down last night so i wasnt even gonna go out there to take the wheel off etc.

Decisions, desicions eh? Having seen the severe wether warnings they've issued today i'm really in 2 minds if i'm comming or not :(
If i had a car i'd be comming in that for sure but i dont so that aint even an option.
And my fabric jacket has recently started to enjoy leaking on me in heavy or sustained rain so thats another factor. God i hate the british summer, sorry did i say that already :roll:
Aw, don't bail Spidey! We're working to get as a big dry zone at the campsite as poss (including my big tent for hanging kit to drip dry) and if you get wet on the way up there, a short stint in a warm pub should dry you out enough to come back to camp all warm and cozy. :D

Baph
28-06-07, 11:10 AM

If you don't ride in the rain then the work to your bike won't get done, and there'll be more drinking time for me :D

hovis
28-06-07, 11:21 AM
If you don't ride in the rain then the work to your bike won't get done, and there'll be more drinking time for me :D

good point:thumbsup:

rictus01
28-06-07, 11:27 AM
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1224228#post1224228

dizzyblonde
28-06-07, 12:02 PM
Mr rictus you are a role model for all softies...I think you graduated from th school of hard knocks...make sure you bring the airbed...if your owt like im indoors its torture without..
there really are some stubborn people around....i will ride that bike no matter wot:thumbsup:

Gordon B
28-06-07, 12:28 PM
I'm of the same opinion as everyone about whether to take the car....to not attend etc etc.

But you know what, screw it (wanted to insert a stronger word here but remembered our U rating!) I say. Don't let the possibilty of a bit of rain spoil the whole weekend (which lots of people have spent alot of time preparing FOC don't forget)

Please don't start flaming me if you aren't going because of the weather, thats your choice, and I respect that, but I for one think some rain will help everyone to bond even more.....

At the end of the day its only water and mud, and that will wash off, the memories will be with you a long time....

Me, my vodka and top trumps will be coming rain, shine, sleet, snow, thunder, lightning, hurricane, ice age..whatever. Bring It On I say!

I wasn't coming until Saturday but I might phone up and see if I can get a pitch for Friday night now....

See you all there!

Gordon

Grinch
28-06-07, 12:39 PM
Severe weather warning for this weekend by the Met office for the whole of england with approx. 2 inches of rain.

dizzyblonde
28-06-07, 12:41 PM
top trumps!!! top banana I love the marvel superhero ones...they even do pirates of the carribean ones now

yorkie_chris
28-06-07, 12:41 PM
The vodka sounds good too :D

hovis
28-06-07, 12:42 PM
lots of people have spent alot of time preparing FOC don't forget

At the end of the day its only water and mud, and that will wash off, the memories will be with you a long time....

See you all there!

Gordon

:stupid:

opps
i
meant

=D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;
:thumbsup:

carlos
28-06-07, 12:45 PM
2 weeks ago a few peeps changed their minds about coming on the MIGTs rideout because of the forecast, what they missed out on was a day that was 80% dry, even sunny at one point - fantastic day.

I will quite happily spend a weekend wet for just one fun dry hour that I can look back on and think "yeah that was worth it". As long as I don't wake up surrounded by a flood I really couldn't care less what the weather does TBH - I missed last year's AR and I wasn't going to miss this one, been waiting long enough aswell, and if I was to even consider going in the car I'd have to get my head looked at.