SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Track Days (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Anyone Looking To Do A Trackday In March? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=173294)

Seggons 06-12-11 03:55 PM

Anyone Looking To Do A Trackday In March?

I know it's a long way ahead plus it depends on the weather if it's still snowing or not. But I'm looking to break my trackday cherry and wondered if anyone would mind me linking up with them? Just to point my nose in the general direction of where to go and what to do.

maviczap 06-12-11 04:23 PM

Re: Anyone Looking To Do A Trackday In March?

Could be a bit early, I broke my cherry in April, although cool and dry, the 2nd one in June was much better.

Although It might have been because the new track surface was a bit oily in places that I didn't push it as much as I did on the 2nd trackday, when it was very grippy.

Where you thinking of doing it, Snetterton or somewhere else.

Snett is really good and I did my days with Club MSV, good organisation & no ********s in the novice groups, I went on my own for both days. First time was very daunting, but only lasted a couple of laps, then I got into the swing of things.

If I don't join up with you on your first, I'll happily go on another.

Warning its very addictive!!!!

Seggons 06-12-11 05:15 PM

Obviously I'll decide exactly when I'm going nearer the time. If it's still freezing and horrible then I'll wait a bit longer. Ratty has just posted up a video of a trackday in November and the weather looked great for it. Location wise I'm not really fussed. I've got Silverstone, Rockingham, Bedford Autodrome, Snetterton and Brands Hatch not too far away either. I should have a nice comfy car and the bike will be on a trailer so distance isn't a big thing.

I'm expecting it to be addictive so I have plans to do 1 a month but I'll see how realistic that is when the time comes. :D

maviczap 06-12-11 05:28 PM

Yes, you are lucky being so close to so many.

Having the bike on a trailer is a definite plus point, as riding home knackered after a track day is something I could do without, as well as riding up there.

Keep an eye out here or register for the email alerts, as they do £75 novice only track days from time to time.

http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-home.aspx

Expect to have about 6 -8 sessions on the track in an average day.Its more than enough

kellyjo 06-12-11 07:03 PM

Has anyone warned the spider....

Reeder 06-12-11 08:11 PM

I'd be definitely interested if it's a little later and more likely to be dry. I won't ride in the wet because I'm gay/a girl/wimp/fair weather rider etc.

Seggons 06-12-11 08:13 PM

I'm sure the 60mph winds on the back of the car will give it sufficient knowledge that it's time to disembark. :lol:

Seggons 06-12-11 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reeder (Post 2634816)
I won't ride in the wet because I'm gay/a girl/wimp/fair weather rider etc.

Is this one of those questions where we have to cross out the ones that are not applicable? ;)

Reeder 06-12-11 08:21 PM

I was just covering a few of the options rather than one lol

rekab74 06-12-11 09:38 PM

I'll doing Snetterton May / June it'll be my last novice trackday :-)

svrich 06-12-11 11:57 PM

I'll save up for a Snetterton session when the weather gets better. It would have to be a holiday or weekend though, unless I can join an evening session.

Mr Speirs 08-12-11 08:30 PM

I will most likley be starting my season mid march. Im away with work Jan Feb a half of March so will be a late march one...of course unless I get sent out doing summat else which is possible.

Seggons 08-12-11 08:39 PM

Let me know nearer the time if you do plan on doing something. :)

Mr Speirs 08-12-11 08:40 PM

Will do!! Itll be the first time im out on my new track bike too. Which'll be nice

sandman 09-12-11 09:59 AM

I would be up for that
Don't really mind where
Prefer a little later say April though
I will keep checking back

Nick_69 10-12-11 09:42 AM

I would be keen, especailly if you do brands

Wez007 10-12-11 11:30 AM

How much are you looking at for a trackday then?

I have never even thought about it but i dont know why, i would love it ! I would be worried about binning my bike hough......eeeeek !

NTECUK 10-12-11 11:53 AM

Big List hear
http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-home.aspx
Snetterton's not to pricy.
They did do a end of day run for £20 lasy year,good to see if it floats ya boat.

The Idle Biker 11-12-11 07:02 PM

I am, if your budget will stretch, think about this.

Weather has a good chance of being better than UK. If it's your first make it a fair weather one.
You get 3 whole days to learn, you can take your time. I think you'll (as will I) learn so much more doing it on 3 days rather than bowling up for a 1 day event then leaving it alone for another month.
They'll be lots of good guys/ gals to learn from and it's a steal at the price for the quality.
Oh and I'm going so you won't be the slowest.

http://www.pacedayz.com/cgi-bin/site...81&id=pacedayz

Searley 11-12-11 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seggons (Post 2634703)
I know it's a long way ahead plus it depends on the weather if it's still snowing or not. But I'm looking to break my trackday cherry and wondered if anyone would mind me linking up with them? Just to point my nose in the general direction of where to go and what to do.

I could be well up for this! I should have my SV by then so I'll be wanting to do a few track days to get familiar with the bike.

Clubmsv are very good, but I've used EasyTrack quite a few times and can't fault them. Extremely well organised and very friendly/helpful staff, they have a day at Brands (Indy circuit) on Thursday 22 March.

Time/weather permitting I reckon this could be good, what do you think?

Nick_69 12-12-11 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searley (Post 2636943)
I could be well up for this! I should have my SV by then so I'll be wanting to do a few track days to get familiar with the bike.

Clubmsv are very good, but I've used EasyTrack quite a few times and can't fault them. Extremely well organised and very friendly/helpful staff, they have a day at Brands (Indy circuit) on Thursday 22 March.

That sounds like a gd day for me to do

hongman 12-12-11 03:24 PM

I'm definately doing snet next year, not far from me really.

Not sure when, whenever I spy an oppotrunity to get a few peeps together I expect.

I did my first TD at Silverstone which was scorching hot, I have also done Cadwell in drizzle. Both days were a blast, but Cadwell was a lot hairier at times ;)

rusty76 12-12-11 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Speirs (Post 2635661)
I will most likley be starting my season mid march. Im away with work Jan Feb a half of March so will be a late march one...of course unless I get sent out doing summat else which is possible.

Wot new track bike?!?

Mr Speirs 12-12-11 06:13 PM

I bought a nice fancy one. :) Need to take some pictures of it but I've got this:

Ok had a picture up but it was massive...how do you resize photos

Seggons 12-12-11 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wez007 (Post 2636404)
I have never even thought about it but i dont know why, i would love it ! I would be worried about binning my bike hough......eeeeek !

If you love you bike being all shiny or depend on it for transport I wouldn't suggest a track day unless you can restrain yourself once on the track. I don't love my bike anywhere near that I did so if it goes sliding down the track then so-beit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Searley (Post 2636943)

Obviously I'm going to decide what I'm up to nearer the time but I'm up for anything.

sniff 13-12-11 01:32 PM

Well I'll be ready for a track day at the back end of March. Brands more than likly as I'm twenty minute ride from there. Got to get the K9 track prepped first. Take to Steve Jordans for PCV and various other bits to be done. Once weather is better I'm going to be rearing to go.

Paul the 6th 14-12-11 03:41 PM

anyone coming a bit further up north at all?

Cadwell Park is the nuts, Snetterton is about 3.5 hours away from me, and then 3.5 back (although I might have a trailer by then so could camper it down maybe). Silverstone is about 2hrs 40 from York but would be worth the journey as it's world class - but would probably carry a world class pricetag for TD?

Would be happy to link up with a few org'ers on any trackdays which are suitable though :)

Binky 21-12-11 12:12 AM

We definitely need a fwe org track days again. Previous years were cracking fun. You don't get much better than making Mr. Speirs look like a little riding nancy.

I won't be able to do one until May though so you guys may have already gone and Seggons popped his cherry.

Lucas66 21-12-11 08:21 PM

my cb600rr was m only transport and i did cadwell and ws fecking awesome, do have to hold back a bit as not o push too much. the funny thig is i wrote it off 2 weeks later coming home from work :(
only jus got a bike again(sv1000s) so we shall see what this is like on track

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...198_412125.jpg

Ratty 22-12-11 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas66 (Post 2639783)
only jus got a bike again(sv1000s) so we shall see what this is like on track

Which year thou you got ? I've done loads of track days on my SZ

Ratty

Lucas66 22-12-11 10:30 PM

i got a 2003 one mate

The Idle Biker 09-01-12 09:02 PM

Guys, just for info' really. I've booked onto No Limits at Rockingham - International circuit on March 11th. It will be the first of many this year I hope.

£59.00 seems like good value. Especially if it stays dry, which it will do. Yes it will.

Here you are

Tim in Belgium 12-01-12 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Idle Biker (Post 2645767)
Guys, just for info' really. I've booked onto No Limits at Rockingham - International circuit on March 11th. It will be the first of many this year I hope.

£59.00 seems like good value. Especially if it stays dry, which it will do. Yes it will.

Here you are

How loud is 98 dB? Will a noisey can with baffle be ok on an SV?

Nobbylad 13-01-12 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium (Post 2647707)

I reckon so, at Cadwell, my stubby was around 96dB with the baffle in and I think it read 102dB with it out.

hongman 13-01-12 12:08 AM

I heard some disgustingly loud bikes at Cadwell that passed...although saying that I hear some exhaust notes register more than others.

Also, both times I went to get scrooted they changed the db limit :D

Nobbylad 13-01-12 12:12 AM

IIRC Hongy...yours sounded like a wet fart lol

hongman 13-01-12 12:17 AM

Still does :D You can thank my shoddy "stubbying to hide dent" for that, trust me you do not want to know what the inside of my can looks like!

Nobbylad 13-01-12 12:20 AM

Nor the inside of your stomach after the sheeite you threw down your neck from the takeaway that night! lol

Anyways....get yerself up to Anglesey in April http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=163972

hongman 13-01-12 09:20 AM

MMmmmmmmm takeaway!

I would love to do Anglesey but jesus its FAR

The Idle Biker 13-01-12 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium (Post 2647707)

I had a Beowulf on my SV and it got through on 95dB.

I haven't been to too many TDays but each time there is always a tyre guy who would also pad baffles to meet the limit.

IL4's, particularly new GSXR' s seem to have the most problem, even if they don't sound noisy to the ear.