SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Am i missing a spacer? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=70159)

mario 26-04-06 09:36 PM

Am i missing a spacer?

Hi,

Just got new michelin pilot powers fitted onto my 2005 Sv650. Went to fit the rear wheel back on but as i tightened the nut on the spindel the wheel also tightens, eventually locking solid.
I noticed a spacer on the sprocket side but no spacer on the brake calliper side. Question is...am i missing a spacer from the brake caliper side? :?
Should there be a spacer on both sides of the wheel? Can anyone help please?

Many Thanks
Mark

Razor 26-04-06 09:37 PM

Without checking facts 100% and never having owned said vehicle I say yes and the fact checkers be damned.

Carsick 26-04-06 09:39 PM

assuming it's the same as a K4 then yes, there should be a spacer both sides.

kciN 26-04-06 09:39 PM

There should be a spacer on the caliper side, yes. On the curvey definitely, Can't say for definite on the pointy, but I imagine it's the same.

It looks similar to a cotton reel.. 8)

Maybe someone will nicely post up a pic for you??

Did you take wheel off, or garage??

kciN 26-04-06 09:42 PM

Also, just how far did you tighten the bolt. Did the swingarm get bent in?
Maybe check that it's not bent in to much if this is the case..

mario 26-04-06 10:06 PM

:? Right so it must have gone missing somewhere! My dad and I removed the wheel before i gave it a clean and took to garage...however cant see any spacers along my path. Took the bike into a garage to get them to fit the new michelins so maybe thinking it fell out in there?
KciN: Picture would be great if anyone has but reckon i know what it is roughy :? . Swingarm did not get bent in was only tightened by hand. It looks like part of the brake caliper is rubbing against the brake disk.
The spacer should be between the brake caliper and the wheel if i am correct in thinking?
Got me confused and annoyed now...been off road for a week now and i want to try out my new powers :lol:

mario 26-04-06 10:08 PM

Meant to add:

How much would the spacer cost from a dealer? and would they be likely to have them in stock?
Will also take a look around my garage and garden for the spacer in the light, maybe, just maybe will find it lying about!

Thanks for the help!
Mark

Razor 26-04-06 10:14 PM

Suzuki dealer would have them in stock if they're any good. I know the spacer for inside a bandit 12 wheel cost about £9, so maybe...

mario 26-04-06 10:17 PM

Ok hopefully they will have one in then! Shall give my local(ish) dealer a phone tomorrow morning and if in stock shall pop up and collect! Hopefully that shall solve my problem :?

Thanks again!

BILLY 26-04-06 10:17 PM

There sould be a spacer on the calliper side it is shaped like a mushroom!!!