View Single Post
Old 11-03-09, 10:10 PM   #7
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Re: Possible ride 16/17th March anyone?

No idea yet, depends on the weather and how much man-flu I have left. Probably Tuesday.

If the weather is good and I feel OK may go for an extended jaunt into Wales via the Cotswolds. If this comes off then hopefully one or two of the observers from my bike club may come along too so it'll be a fairly "progressive" ride of several hundred miles.

If weather/health are less than good enough then probably just down to the south coast somewhere for a bag of chips.

If weather/health are awful I'm not going anywhere.

Will either be earlyish (08:30 or there abouts) if it's a full day or after lunch (13:30) if it's the shorter ride.

So like I said, no details yet until I know if I'm well enough and what the weather's doing. Should have a decent view on both by Sunday night.

I'm not into planning rides too far in advance as to be honest it just generates loads of noise and at the end of the day most people drop out anyway (bike broke, had to work, it's raining, I'm washing the hamster etc). I'm more into the "I'm off out in an hour, anyone want to come" kind of rides but this time I've given a bit more notice to expect a semi-spontaneous invite probably on Tuesday.

If you need more details sooner then please feel free to organise something else and I'll tag along with your plan if it works for me.

Sorry for the vaugeness,
Mark
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote