Thread: I'm new
View Single Post
Old 12-10-16, 04:24 PM   #4
NedSVS

Default Re: I'm new

Quote:
Originally Posted by green Rhino View Post
I'm presuming rear disc and sprocket alignment were ok?
On the curvy SV you have to shorten the sprocket side spacer by about 4mm and reduce it's ID from 20mm to 17mm and similarly on the sprocket carrier too (I used some tube to make a sleeve). Pointy SV already has 20mm rear spindle. The rear wheel bearings can be changed to 17mm bore ones or sleeved - I changed them for the 17mm bore bearings. The rear brake plate will need to be modified and a custom spacer made. The curvy rear disc is, IIRC, 20 mm larger than the Honda F3 disc so you will need to source a suitable disc or , as I did, convert to a pointy rear disc and caliper at the same time - as the pointy rear disc is the same diameter as the F3. The overall width of the rear assembly was a few mm wider than the standard SV but still fitted in the swinging arm OK. The front requires a sleeve between the OD of the bearing and its' housing 1mm thick (to reduce the diameter by 2mm) which I pressed and glued in with engineering glue. There are no suitable direct fit bearings to get from 20 to 17mm bore to the best of my knowledge. You will need custom spacers for the front. Here's a link to the original thread:
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=81534
NedSVS is offline   Reply With Quote