Thread: GM megathread
View Single Post
Old 24-05-07, 10:36 PM   #1
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default GM megathread

Folks,

Do we need a GM megathread?

Many of the threads go off topic and end up either picking on Dan, accusing Law of not riding his bike, or Falc and Tara deciding who needs to collect milk on the way home.

If you look through, most collapse into a multi-page banter fest going completely off track and making it too hard for anyone to actually get the original value out of the thread.

My "what bike" thread is an example. Started off well, then Law and Dan start debating whether or not Dan called Law a dizzy blond (clearly not) and then it died. I'm sure some people who may have been interested in the carefully crafted ride report would have seen the "oh yes you did, oh no I didn't bit" and then not bothered to read the bit I took the time to write and so not added their contribution to the original thread theme.

Perhaps I'm out of order and this is how everyone else likes it, if so, I'll get back in my box. If not, perhaps we could each exercise some self-moderation or the many forum mods could prune some of the more valuable threads once they disolve (bit like Falk pruned the route thread).

So what do you think?

Get a GM megathread going for such banter?
Exercise self moderation?
Actually we all like it just like it is so shut up?

Sorry if I'm out of order or if anyone thinks they're being picked on (not intentional) but a trawl through any recent threads will show there are many offenders (if it is an offence) myself included.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote