SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old Today, 01:55 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default GSX-8S service manual

You can't buy a GSX-8S service manual in the UK and some US suppliers won't ship one to the UK. I did find one dealer who would and my manual arrived on Friday.
It's over 2 inches thick (it covers the 8R too) but what caught my eye was the Canbus waveform diagrams at the back, presumably you would need an oscilloscope for troubleshooting (or deep pockets and keep swapping parts).

The meter (aka dash), ECU and ABS are all on the canbus. If the "green connector" can cause problems on older SVs, what will a bad connector do on the Canbus?

My GSX is 1 month away from its next service - it tells me this (annoyingly) everytime it powers up. It will also start warning me when the mileage approaches the service interval. If you pass the date/mileage it leaves a spanner icon on the dash.

I need to speak to the dealer since I've only done a little over 4k miles and I won't be adding another 3.5k before October. Suzuki extend your warranty by a year if you get it serviced by them, upto 7 years/70k miles so I don't want to mess that up.
Old Today, 05:58 PM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: GSX-8S service manual

Canbus is going to be standard now. On the other hand you might get more useful error messages when things do go wrong. I can set the service reminders myself in the meter (dash) on my TA, you might be able to do the same.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk