SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 31-05-05, 10:36 PM   #1
suzsv650

Default bike down !

in a homebase carpark on bank holiday monday no one thire apart from my m8s!

just went round a corner about 10 -20 the front sliped out again this time i couldnt hold it and i find my self faceing the front lights of my bike on the floor!

ahh well, snaped front brake leaver bent rear, scrached front indicator and some of my new viper not much damage not realy noticable oh and i got some micro surface cracks on the fairing at the very bottom of the fairing around the hole for the bolt ( next to the R&Gs.. almost.. if you get me ... lol..) -- oh yeah the bitchin thing is im buying R&Gs next week so ****ed of with that!

but that front tyer is a bitch its comeing off very soon! soon brigstones me thinks as i got standard on now!

ah wel rather fall off thire than in a road n e way c ya !

rob
Old 31-05-05, 10:50 PM   #2
Cloggsy

Bugger
Old 31-05-05, 10:51 PM   #3
lynw

but youre ok? thats the really important thing
Old 31-05-05, 11:01 PM   #4
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
Oh that's SO not true :P It's all about the bike!
Old 31-05-05, 11:18 PM   #5
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaton2005
Quote:
Oh that's SO not true :P It's all about the bike!
only if youre uninjured and even if youre injured, in my extensive experience of this, thinking about the bike is only ever done after checking Im ok and going to live .

THEN the bike becomes the most important worry for yourself followed by your leathers ie will they have to cut them off. For others, theyre still worrying about you cos you dont seem to be worrying about anything other than your leathers or bike
Old 31-05-05, 11:24 PM   #6
Anonymous

I'd be more bothered about the bike in any situation*

*not guaranteed
Old 31-05-05, 11:30 PM   #7
lynw

Quote:

*not guaranteed
trust me you worry about yourself first, then when youre sure youre ok then you worry about the bike...

[voice of extensive crash testing here ]
Old 01-06-05, 06:33 AM   #8
MavUK

Bad luck, glad you're ok though.
Old 01-06-05, 11:07 AM   #9
Stig

Quote:
Quote:

*not guaranteed
trust me you worry about yourself first, then when youre sure youre ok then you worry about the bike...

[voice of extensive crash testing here ]
That isn't always the case.

When I had the bus jump red lights and take me out, although I thought at the time that I had broken my leg, my first thought was to get to the bike and check the damage.

When I did my wheely gone wrong and fell on my already broken but healing pelvis, my first thought was the bike. When the I realized the bike would survive I then felt the pain.

The only time I have thought about my injuries before the bike was when I crashed into the Armco.

Old 01-06-05, 11:51 AM   #10
suzsv650

yeah im fine apart fron a scrach on my arm,

when i crashed i looked up at my m8 when i stoped slideing and said " ****!" then ran over to my bike n told my m8s to hury up and ****ing lift it up! lol! and they are like you ok i just shouted " lift it ****ing up" and then phew fairing was ok

sorry about my language but it was what i said ! lol!