SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-09-09, 10:15 AM   #1
Dicky Ticker

Default Annoying answers

I detest people who answer a question with a question or even simpler
"Whatever" or the other one that I can't stand is "Could do"
i.e. Q-Would you like a cup of coffee?
A-Whatever
What does that mean? when a simple "Yes please" or " No thank you" would suffice
Whatever= Whatever you think,meaning I am none the wiser as to whether you want one or not
Could do= I could want a cup of coffee,meaning I don't know if I want one or not
Do you have any similar pet hates or is there something I am missing in peoples answers because both these answers translate into "I don't know"
in my book
By the way it seems when you ignore the reply you are in the wrong for not being a mind reader.
Old 07-09-09, 10:19 AM   #2
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Annoying answers

Don't think that comes under a pet hate - just sounds rude!
Old 07-09-09, 10:25 AM   #3
slark01

Most people who do that are ignorant and rude. The "whatever" is when a person cannot get their brain into gear to actually give a proper answer, and is usually used by low intelligent people.
Thank god i'm not the only one that hates it when people cannot give me a straight yes or no answer.
'sigh' whatever.

Ste.
Old 07-09-09, 10:37 AM   #4
kellyjo

I hate it when you ask someone if they want a cup of tea and they reply 'if youre making one' or 'if youre having one'. Its irrelevant whether im having one or not cos im quite willing to make them one regardless, i just want to know if they want one or not!!! ooh that gets on my nerves
Old 07-09-09, 10:42 AM   #5
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
I hate it when you ask someone if they want a cup of tea and they reply 'if youre making one' or 'if youre having one'. Its irrelevant whether im having one or not cos im quite willing to make them one regardless, i just want to know if they want one or not!!! ooh that gets on my nerves
See I do that but it's just because I don't like people to go out of their way for me. If you are making one for yourself anyway it's not too much additional effort.
Old 07-09-09, 10:53 AM   #6
keith_d
Mega Poster

"Whatever" delivered in an insolent manner as a kind of grudging acquiescence,is probably _the_ most annoying response to an instruction. Guaranteed to get a spot on my s**t list.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 10:55 AM   #7
Foey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Wouldn't do for you to live in my house then, i often say that to my other half but it's only because i don't want her to go to the trouble of only making me one, it makes me feel uncomfortable & that she is waiting on me & i don't like being waited on but i would do anything & everything for her, i'm weird like that, we are currently having a discussion about the housework because she says i don't let her do enough of it & i find this difficult to understand.

One answer i don't like though is "if you like"

Last edited by Foey; 07-09-09 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-09-09, 10:59 AM   #8
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foey View Post
Wouldn't do for you to live in my house then, i often say that to my other half but it's only because i don't want her to go to the trouble of only making me one, it makes me feel uncomfortable & that she is waiting on me & i don't like being waited on but i would do anything & everything for her, i'm weird like that, we are currently having a discussion about the housework because she says i don't let her do enough of it & i find this difficult to understand.

One answer i don't like though is "if you like"
I'm exactly the same (barr the housework bit!)
Old 07-09-09, 11:02 AM   #9
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
I detest people who answer a question with a question or even simpler
"Whatever" or the other one that I can't stand is "Could do"
i.e. Q-Would you like a cup of coffee?
A-Whatever
What does that mean? when a simple "Yes please" or " No thank you" would suffice
Whatever= Whatever you think,meaning I am none the wiser as to whether you want one or not
Could do= I could want a cup of coffee,meaning I don't know if I want one or not
Do you have any similar pet hates or is there something I am missing in peoples answers because both these answers translate into "I don't know"
in my book
By the way it seems when you ignore the reply you are in the wrong for not being a mind reader.
Whatever

Taxi.
Old 07-09-09, 11:27 AM   #10
Owenski

cant belive it took until post 9 for someone to say that!

only thing along these lines which winds me up is when the conversation goes along the lines of:
misses "lets go do something tonight".
Me "What do you have in mind?",
Misses "Anything, not too fussed"
Me "Movie?"
Misses "No we can do that at home"
Me "Eat out?"
Misses "Waste of money we've got food in"
Me "Well what then, Im out of ideas?"
Misses "Dunno, but lets go do something".
ME: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH