SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-06-19, 04:00 PM   #7381
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
So true in this case.

I'm having to spell out to him how much more important the upgraded springs, emultors and oil are in the forks on mine, compared to the small numberplate he likes on the other bike. Why he wants braided lines and fresh oil in recently totally overhauled calipers with new sintered pads fitted instead of the cool looking tank pads on the other one. etc etc...

All went well in the end. The guy was just a bit young and clueless, but brought a knowledeable friend along. Bit of a language barrier but we got there. They tried to knock me down again... I just said no as I won't be able to get another bike, so I'd be stupid to. They'd travelled and hour and half to view it, so if they refused to pay they would have lost out.

It's gone. Felt very sad to hear if roar away. I couldn't bring myself to watch it. It's been a great bike. I think I'll have another again some time. Probably a naked version as a fixer upper project in the future.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 03:58 PM   #7382
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day....

...but not the 28/29/30 June!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 05:00 PM   #7383
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day....

...but not the 28/29/30 June!
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 04:33 PM   #7384
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Glasto?

Just helped the daughter put up the tent to check it has survived its last outing. It has.
Old 18-06-19, 05:45 PM   #7385
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Glasto?

Just helped the daughter put up the tent to check it has survived its last outing. It has.
Better than Glasto, the Border Patrol Weekender Although mine starts on 27th and finished 2nd

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 18-06-19 at 05:47 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 10:43 AM   #7386
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

The inevitable insurance changeover costs! To swap from my SV to the Tracer = £81 for the 70 days remaining on the policy. If I cancel I get £24 back, but pay £50 cancellation fee... and then have to go buy another policy, losing the best part of a years no claims in the process.

I was tempted to let it run and just start a new policy, but would prefer not to afford the whole price of a new policy so I actually have some money left in the bank for fuel, especially for the BWP away.

Oh well, I saw it coming. Would have been slightly less painful if I hadn't just been honest and recently declared my higher than expected mileage on the SV for the cost of an admin fee + more, which is now gone, so no way they could check it.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 10:59 AM   #7387
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I know how it feels I think. Outrageous insurance company admin charges on top of juggling a finite money supply.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 11:14 AM   #7388
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Loosing my US10 last night on the way home, with my observer stuff and pair of Kenwood intercoms inside.

Back again (went back last night) to take another look after work. McD's were very helpful though in checking their CCTV and confirmed it didn't come off in their car park...only 25 miles of road to check.
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 05:52 PM   #7389
TamSV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
I was tempted to let it run and just start a new policy

I get the temptation to do that, especially when it costs to cancel or kills off a years no claims, but you did the right thing by cancelling.

If the new owner doesn’t arrange cover, your insurer could be forced to pay a claim as the closest insurer. Your insurer could then potentially seek to recover their costs from you personally.

I’ve never heard of it actually being done in your circumstances but the possibility is there.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 06:05 PM   #7390
yokohama

Hastings were (unexpectedly I must admit) great with me when I switched from my SV to the XSR. They compared costs of cancelling the policy and starting a new one against amending my existing policy. First option worked out cheaper so they cancelled the policy, credited the outstanding to the new policy and waived any fees as I was renewing with them. All i lost was 3 months no claims
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote