SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-09, 10:47 PM   #101
Graciepants

Default Re: Plan 'O' Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
What the hell i just laughed out loud properly, i don't remember that how many had we been drinking and was this at your house Pre-Ar or some other time?

I do remember lots of funny things and quatations from that extended weekend, yes theres tons of bludy cats on Kneale's estate behind me, lots without tails .

Mr.Davenumbers is thinking of coming sooner i.e. in next 4-5 weeks? Prehaps you should consider unless you got all uni stuff going on? It will be cheaper because the season has gone now. If not you can look forward to the meet in the future.
tihnk it was dave who asked if you actually came from the IOM, and paul said did the flag give it away, and i said something about how it was the lack of tail that did it for me, lol

yay cats, i love cats. i wanna see a tailess cat!

nahh i wouldnt be invited to that, especially if he;s visiting family, you;d hae to put up with me on your own while he did that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
This is EXACTLEY why i want to move back, now in big rage what am i missing out on that if i didn't have to pay for boats and sit on them for 2 hours i would come?
you;d be living up north anyway so you wouldnt be going! silly!

Old 11-09-09, 12:23 AM   #102
ravingdavis

Im definatly liking the sound of this, count me in!

Old 11-09-09, 04:52 PM   #103
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciepants View Post
tihnk it was dave who asked if you actually came from the IOM, and paul said did the flag give it away, and i said something about how it was the lack of tail that did it for me, lol

yay cats, i love cats. i wanna see a tailess cat!

nahh i wouldnt be invited to that, especially if he;s visiting family, you;d hae to put up with me on your own while he did that lol

you;d be living up north anyway so you wouldnt be going! silly!
Let me put it like this if this island was connected and cost me nothing to drive over you'd see me down for meets all over the country even 1 day rideouts, i love biking and seen the pub is now only a weekly option (well tonight and tomorrow), due to having lack of cash due to these meets and other biking costs i am boreddddd on the island.

I certinaly wouldn't be living in Sulfolk .

Nah dave is coming for a weekend with me, and meh might bump into the family :P or wait was it the other way round ahaha. Anyway will cya both in november either way woop woop!

Old 11-09-09, 04:52 PM   #104
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravingdavis View Post
Im definatly liking the sound of this, count me in!
Good man keep your eye on the thread .

Old 11-09-09, 05:35 PM   #105
christopher

I'm also liking this idea... never done an overnighter with you lot but this is tempting.

Just looking on Steam Packet's special offers, and last year it was £75 return for bike and rider between 03/03/09 and 26/05/09 so they hopefully won't put it up too much more next year for that time.

Oh and I'd definitely be staying about 4 nights. Couldn't justify only staying 2 for the cost of getting over there. Camping or a cheap B&B would do me, no preference really.
Old 11-09-09, 05:37 PM   #106
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
I'm also liking this idea... never done an overnighter with you lot but this is tempting.

Just looking on Steam Packet's special offers, and last year it was £75 return for bike and rider between 03/03/09 and 26/05/09 so they hopefully won't put it up too much more next year for that time.

Oh and I'd definitely be staying about 4 nights. Couldn't justify only staying 2 for the cost of getting over there. Camping or a cheap B&B would do me, no preference really.
Thanks for the opinion and knowticing last years special offer that could be handy if they do similair offer As i say i'd be shocked at more than £100 at that time of year. Intresting you spotted that offer though. Not long till they put up the prices because it's already getting on mid-sept.

Old 11-09-09, 08:09 PM   #107
jimmy4237

During the TT practice and race weeks, there are loads of temporary reduced speed limits all around the island. Plus during this time the cost of a return ticket for a bike and rider is something crazy like £180....

I'd quite like to return back there for a visit when it's not TT time, the roads are far quieter, you can really get the bike opened up, and there's no temporary speed limits in places where you can normally fly (ie - the section up round the gooseneck, and Sarahs cottage up to the railway lines) but anybody going round that corner over the railway lines at over 85 needs their head look - a mate of a mate did that in 2004, and wrote off his VFR750, along with his arm in a plastercast for a month...

When it's not TT time, the ferries are not too bad for a bike and rider pricewise..... tempting...

Old 16-09-09, 10:28 PM   #108
davepreston

anymore for anymore

Old 16-09-09, 10:33 PM   #109
ManxMatt34

I'm sure once we get details up we might get some more intrest tbh! I got atleast one of my mates here who will be out on the whole weekend with us, and another guy (kneale) doing the rideouts.

Old 16-09-09, 10:35 PM   #110
missyburd

if you want an idea of numbers why not get those people who are interested to add their names to a list? Just a thought.

Closed Thread