SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-11-07, 09:02 PM   #11
mattb200

Default Re: Throttle body synchronisation K3

Fearg,

I too did this yesterday (SK3) also with a carbtune pro and was easier then i expected.
Apart from access to the take off points! Still not put the caps back on.

Have you any suggestions as this is the really annoying me!
How did you get the caps back on? Did you remove the airbox as I didn't bother?

Thanks
Matt

Last edited by mattb200; 10-11-07 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-11-07, 09:16 PM   #12
Fearg

I haven't put the caps back on yet either. I have left the short lengths of hose with the dampers from the carbtune on there and put the caps over the dampers at the moment. I haven't decided whether to leave it like that or not yet. I did take the airbox off because I couldn't get the caps off without doing so. I did put it back on to sync the throttle bodies though. The throttle body synchronisation as you say was a lot easier than I expected apart from those stupid caps! Had a bit of a mare with the throttle position sensor but thats another story!
Old 10-11-07, 09:22 PM   #13
mattb200

yep I'm going to do the Throttle position sensor as soon as i get the necessary torx bit.
I also am considering just leaving some hose attached ( I can manage to get some hose pushed on but not those flippin caps!)

Out of interest can you remember what your readings were when you first checked? Mine were 22 on one and 27 on other. I know exact readings are not important its just how far out they are.
Not road tested yet so don't know if any difference, road tested yours yet?

Matt
Old 10-11-07, 09:35 PM   #14
Fearg

Mine weren't that far out, maybe about 3cm's I think 24/27 ish. I haven't road tested yet because I wanted to get the TPS done first. Went to Halfrauds got a set £9.99, got home, found they were only 5 point torx. Took them back got some 6 point torx £16.99 got them home found they went form 20mm - 27mm, no 25! D'oh! Then I looked in Screwfix catalogue and they do a set for £2.99 not 100% sure they have the right size either as catalogue a bit misleading but I'll be knocking on there doors at 10am tomorrow!

I am not expecting it to have changed in to a Hayabusa overnight but hope to feel a distinct change. My bike has done 17.5k and never had this done I bought it a year ago with 6k on the clock. Gonna have to do valve clearances soon
Old 10-11-07, 09:43 PM   #15
mattb200

didn't even know there was a difference, 5 & 6 point, but have now made a note - cheers!

Yeah my bike (sk3) has done 13k miles and last dealer service was about 7500 miles ish. I have done it since. However I am guessing this has never been done on my bike before as that service only cost £110.
So I may notice some difference.

Matt
Old 10-11-07, 09:52 PM   #16
Fearg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb200 View Post
didn't even know there was a difference, 5 & 6 point

Matt
Me neither! I do now though!
Old 22-01-08, 11:55 AM   #17
rob13

How did you gents get on with this?
Old 22-01-08, 12:05 PM   #18
Fearg

Throttle bodies is a piece of cake. I used Carbtune II guages as recommended by several on here. Getting to the vacuum points in the throttle bodies is a bit fiddly. I took the air box off (to get the rubber covers off) as its not difficult, just adds a bit of time, made my life a lot easier though. Re-assembled airbox before checking synchronisation, well I put box back on and sat air filter in it to stop stuff getting sucked in. Adjustment was easy peasy, gets a bit hot in there so maybe worth allowing time to cool before trying to take guages off again. I used Haynes manual for reference as well as searching for posts on here, whilst doing it.

HTH
Old 22-01-08, 01:27 PM   #19
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb200 View Post
Apart from access to the take off points! Still not put the caps back on.
If you leave the caps off then you've basically got a bit induction leak, it'll run horribly and probably frontfire quite a bit.
Old 22-01-08, 07:57 PM   #20
Aidan

I found it easy (once I'd skinned my knuckles trying to get the vacuum hose on). The bike runs far better - easy bit of work - but whatever you do don't waste your time taking the airbox off as the Suzuki workshop manual tells you to.

Thanks all