SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

Old 14-06-13, 06:49 AM   #21
Fordward

Default Re: New Video - Crossgates to Newtown Run on an SV650 (Epic Road)

If you can't take any critique and are going to get precious about it I'd suggest you refrain from posting riding videos on the internet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 14-06-13, 07:06 AM   #22
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
If you can't take any critique and are going to get precious about it I'd suggest you refrain from posting riding videos on the internet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Who's precious? Its not my riding you're criticising (god forbid). And you can always refrain from commenting. Better still, you could always put your own up. Also, most people put vidoes up for entertainment. If you were entertained then job done.
Old 14-06-13, 11:31 AM   #23
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
Who's precious?
Quote:
Oh, criticism is good sometimes. But...
Defensive

Quote:
Haha, Well Mr Forward, all I can say to that expert analysis
Sarcastic

Quote:
Its not my riding you're criticising
I thought the same about both videos actually, were you riding in the first one?

Quote:
And you can always refrain from commenting
You want people to refrain from commenting, but you put it on an internet forum?

Quote:
If you were entertained then job done
Not really, but then I didn't expect this after posting some advice, which others agreed with, that was posted in a polite and respectful manner, and was intended to be helpful.

Last edited by Fordward; 14-06-13 at 11:33 AM.
Old 14-06-13, 11:45 AM   #24
Runako

What you've highlighted above is not a defensive response to criticism. It is contextualising the events in the video. The vid wasn't posted for the purposes of asking for advice. Neither of them. Of course you can say what you want. But you can also say nothing (as I'm sure many who have watched the video have chosen to do). Saying someone can't take criticism is the same as not being able to take it yourself. You do realise this right? So this discussion is kind of circular and meaningless.

If you were there and made these observations, whether I agreed with you or not, would be much more relevant.

However, my last comment really tries to explain that the intent of the videos was a bit of entertainment and to show the roads around here. If you didn't appreciate either of those aspects of the video then we need to make a better video!

Last edited by Runako; 14-06-13 at 11:48 AM.
Old 14-06-13, 11:54 AM   #25
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Always amazing how absolutely brilliant others are when riding a keyboard. So long as everyone is safe and having fun let it go.

I've coached hundreds of riders. Some are mega-fast track hero types who make no progress at all on the roads, others look scrappy but make good, safe progress, others are smooth as silk, look slow but you'll never catch them, others are just a bloody nightmare.

At the end of the day it'd be a very boring place if we all rode the same way and I'm sure if we all posted a video of 20 minutes of spirited riding we'd be able to pick holes in everyone's riding.

So how about we calm down and see just how super-dooper safe and smooth you all are next weekend down at the AR.

On all my videos I look fat and slow so clearly video footage is often wrong!
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-13, 12:35 PM   #26
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Always amazing how absolutely brilliant others are when riding a keyboard. So long as everyone is safe and having fun let it go.

I've coached hundreds of riders. Some are mega-fast track hero types who make no progress at all on the roads, others look scrappy but make good, safe progress, others are smooth as silk, look slow but you'll never catch them, others are just a bloody nightmare.

At the end of the day it'd be a very boring place if we all rode the same way and I'm sure if we all posted a video of 20 minutes of spirited riding we'd be able to pick holes in everyone's riding.

So how about we calm down and see just how super-dooper safe and smooth you all are next weekend down at the AR.

On all my videos I look fat and slow so clearly video footage is often wrong!
Spot on Mark_H
Old 14-06-13, 12:43 PM   #27
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Quote:
Spot on Mark_H
You saying I'm Fat!!! Just you wait until the weekend; I'll be having words!
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-13, 01:13 PM   #28
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
You saying I'm Fat!!! Just you wait until the weekend; I'll be having words!
Hahaha No, no. That you look "swift"!
Old 14-06-13, 01:46 PM   #29
Purity14

Thing is, fisheye lenses can change the perspective of things - Some roads are known to people, and some are unknown so you tend to push harder or less depending on what you know and what you can see.

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

I didn't know that road, and didn't want to risk the overtake on the Volvo until I knew it was safe, he wasn't exactly going slow himself though.

Its in Italy, so excuse the wrong way around lanes etc
Old 14-06-13, 02:22 PM   #30
Runako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purity14 View Post
Thing is, fisheye lenses can change the perspective of things - Some roads are known to people, and some are unknown so you tend to push harder or less depending on what you know and what you can see ...
Agreed, this is partly what I tried to explain. There are many things the camera doesn't pick up which influence the reactions that people see when they view this POV.

The camera (hence the viewer) won't see the ninja sheep waiting to pounce on the brow of the hill! Or the tractor half turned in the road a quarter of a mile away. Or the reason for the sudden acceleration when the road clears. Or the elevation, or the gravelly surface 2 corners away. (I'll check out your vid later as I'm at work ... not working )