SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the TV IAM rideout?
Yes - and I want to meet at the Shire Horse first 3 33.33%
Yes - but will make my own way there 2 22.22%
No - I am already an IAM member so already have the skills to pay the bills 1 11.11%
No - I am too good a rider already 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-10-07, 05:03 PM   #51
StreetHawk

Default Re: TV IAM Rideout - 21st Oct

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
how did it all go? did you guys manage to find my mate at the pub and did everyone have a good time?
Yep, nice bloke, he joined up straight after his observed ride..
Old 21-10-07, 05:57 PM   #52
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Yep, that was me parked on my own. Was your ovbserver Roger? on a brand new Pan? He's one of the Basingstoke team observers and does look a lot like Ricky.

So was it what you expected?

One tip is if you want to make a go of it, get out with your observer as often as you can. Quite a few just do 2-3 rides then lose interest. that way you don't build up the relationship with your tutor observer, do not get to have a good time (once you get a good relationship with your observer and he trusts you, it gets a LOT quicker) and then never get as far as going for your test. Given that your joinig fee includes your first test fee, this is a bit of a shame.

If you got on well with Roger I think he's looking for more associates at the moment. I'll be seeing him Monday night and can suggest he may want to pull you from the pool rather than leave it up to the usual random allocation. On the other hand if you thought he was a total ass I'll not bother
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-07, 06:44 PM   #53
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Thought it was great and I think that I will get a lot out of it. I will be signing up this week, but think I want to get an observer that is more local to me.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-07, 06:51 PM   #54
philbut

Glad you guys had fun. After gettin all excited about this I eneded up missing it cos the guy that had bought my GPZ decided he needed to pick it up this morning so i had to wait about for him.

Went out for a ride later but I really want to do some observed stuff to get some pointers on lines and stuff. Will havr to try and make it to the next one.
Old 21-10-07, 06:59 PM   #55
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Yep, that was me parked on my own. Was your ovbserver Roger? on a brand new Pan? He's one of the Basingstoke team observers and does look a lot like Ricky.

So was it what you expected?

One tip is if you want to make a go of it, get out with your observer as often as you can. Quite a few just do 2-3 rides then lose interest. that way you don't build up the relationship with your tutor observer, do not get to have a good time (once you get a good relationship with your observer and he trusts you, it gets a LOT quicker) and then never get as far as going for your test. Given that your joinig fee includes your first test fee, this is a bit of a shame.

If you got on well with Roger I think he's looking for more associates at the moment. I'll be seeing him Monday night and can suggest he may want to pull you from the pool rather than leave it up to the usual random allocation. On the other hand if you thought he was a total ass I'll not bother
The ride was pretty much what I expected but the whole scale of the thing was bigger than I thought it would be. It a huge club with a lot going on isnt it! I would be happy with Roger as a tutor but I may be too far away as i'm in Bracknell and would come under a diff group of observers wouldnt I?
Old 21-10-07, 09:40 PM   #56
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Glad you guys had fun. After gettin all excited about this I eneded up missing it
Yeah me too- due to the amount of alcoholic beverages consumed last night, and the dodgy front tyre I got at the mo (which is getting replaced tomorrow)
Old 22-10-07, 08:29 AM   #57
fat_brstd

Quote:
Glad you guys had fun. After gettin all excited about this I eneded up missing it cos the guy that had bought my GPZ decided he needed to pick it up this morning so i had to wait about for him.
damn it, i was going to phone you about buying that off you today having just got paid.
Old 22-10-07, 01:14 PM   #58
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
damn it, i was going to phone you about buying that off you today having just got paid.
DOH! sorry dude. I would much prefered to have sold it to you. I hate sellin bikes, you just get messed about by people.
Old 22-10-07, 05:12 PM   #59
fat_brstd

Quote:
DOH! sorry dude. I would much prefered to have sold it to you. I hate sellin bikes, you just get messed about by people.
To be fair he got to it first and i wasnt able to say if i could afford it untill today but it turned out that i got paid for 140hours worth of overtime this month, see i wasnt lieing when i said ive been working stupid hours meaning ive not been able to fix my bike.

Im off to scour ebay to see if i can get a bargain before the weeks out as i need a winter runabout.

out of interest if you dont mind what did you let it go for?
Old 22-10-07, 09:49 PM   #60
ASM-Forever

Is this still a sticky.....

That ape is useless!