SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the TV IAM rideout?
Yes - and I want to meet at the Shire Horse first 3 33.33%
Yes - but will make my own way there 2 22.22%
No - I am already an IAM member so already have the skills to pay the bills 1 11.11%
No - I am too good a rider already 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-10-07, 04:38 PM   #41
SDMF

Default Re: TV IAM Rideout - 21st Oct

If anyone wants to be shown the way up from near M4 J11- I can lead from that area.....
Old 19-10-07, 07:16 PM   #42
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
If anyone wants to be shown the way up from near M4 J11- I can lead from that area.....
How about we meet you at 8.40 at the Showcase Cinema in Lower Earley next to the A329? J11 is a bit out of the way for us..
Old 20-10-07, 03:54 PM   #43
fat_brstd

Ok guys, i will not be making this as in an attempt to get my bike sorted ive managed to undo the rear shock and the singarm and parts are all over my garage floor thus its just not going to happen (unless someone is willing to lend me a bike - just kiding)

Now the important bit. I have a friend who i work with who has been looking to do something like this for a while. I have given him directions to the shire horse and told him to be there for 8.15. He is relying on meeting someone at the pub inorder to show him the way to the IAM group. Can someone please confirm that this is ok before tomorrow morning as i want to make sure that hes not riding all that way on his own to find out that there is noone there and he has wasted his sunday morning lie in. His name is Richard, hes fairly old and he rides a 950 something or other, i havnt actually seen it yet but i think it might be a triumph hes not had it long and he had a yam single before that.

Thanks a lot guys and i hope you can look after him and make him feel welcome and i will have my bike back together as soon as possible, given work has calmed down I should be able to get home in time to get some work done on it each night.
Old 20-10-07, 04:20 PM   #44
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
How about we meet you at 8.40 at the Showcase Cinema in Lower Earley next to the A329? J11 is a bit out of the way for us..
Yeah- that sounds fine. I shall see you there then.
However I am going out to watch the game tonight, and depending on the result I may get blindly drunk... If thats the case I'll let you know if I can't make it.
Old 20-10-07, 10:50 PM   #45
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
Ok guys, i will not be making this as in an attempt to get my bike sorted ive managed to undo the rear shock and the singarm and parts are all over my garage floor thus its just not going to happen (unless someone is willing to lend me a bike - just kiding)

Now the important bit. I have a friend who i work with who has been looking to do something like this for a while. I have given him directions to the shire horse and told him to be there for 8.15. He is relying on meeting someone at the pub inorder to show him the way to the IAM group. Can someone please confirm that this is ok before tomorrow morning as i want to make sure that hes not riding all that way on his own to find out that there is noone there and he has wasted his sunday morning lie in. His name is Richard, hes fairly old and he rides a 950 something or other, i havnt actually seen it yet but i think it might be a triumph hes not had it long and he had a yam single before that.

Thanks a lot guys and i hope you can look after him and make him feel welcome and i will have my bike back together as soon as possible, given work has calmed down I should be able to get home in time to get some work done on it each night.
No probs, will keep an eye out..
Old 20-10-07, 11:18 PM   #46
KnightRider
Mega Poster

See you all tomorrow at 8.15

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-07, 07:04 AM   #47
SDMF

As I was out last night, I'm not going to make this today. Have fun those that go. I'm off back to bed.
Old 21-10-07, 04:17 PM   #48
fat_brstd

how did it all go? did you guys manage to find my mate at the pub and did everyone have a good time?
Old 21-10-07, 04:37 PM   #49
Mark_h
Mega Poster

There was a good turn-out this week. I took out a guy on a GSX-R 750 who apparently knew everything so not sure why he turned up as all he did was contradict any advice. And another on a TDM who's been riding for years but has never taken the right line round a corner. First guy will get lot out of it if he stops arguing and the second guy saw today as a revelation.

Anyone else get a decent ride out? You'll find if you join up your observer will typically go on much quicker rides than these open days as on days like today you have no idea of the abilities and mental state of the newby so tend to set all sorts of ground rules to keep it safe.

Hopefully some of you turned up and got something useful out of it.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-07, 05:01 PM   #50
StreetHawk

Jon, Tonyk, FB's mate and I went along.. Was really good, enjoyed it and will join on weds when I get paid. Jon and I went out with the same observer who was a nice guy and showed us a fair bit.He looked like Ricky Gervais Was amazed at the amount of bikes and people milling around!

Mark, have you got a blue curvey with a top box? Think I saw your bike as we left, it was parked on its own around the circle bit at gone 1pm..