SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-11-16, 10:46 AM   #21
Benjins

Default Re: R6 throttle

On a pointy '04. My original concern was that I'd have to cut the end off and swap it round as my throttle is on the left, but was fine and seemed to slot into place perfectly. No cutting of the cam necessary.
Benjins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-16, 12:46 PM   #22
Redmist

Hmm, on my 04 pointy it requires the cam to be cut to achieve full throttle movement, have you confirmed that the actual throttle assembly hits both it's lock stops (Seen thru the frame on the left hand side).

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-16, 04:45 PM   #23
Benjins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
Hmm, on my 04 pointy it requires the cam to be cut to achieve full throttle movement, have you confirmed that the actual throttle assembly hits both it's lock stops (Seen thru the frame on the left hand side).
No, I've not looked and will do when I get home, but the range appears to be full at just over 1/6th of a turn and it redlines. Will report my findings when I can.
Benjins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-16, 09:54 PM   #24
Thomas V

Hi there, I'm new here living and running my -04 SV from Sweden.

I had to cut my tube, like in the pictures you can find somewhere on the net. Otherwise I couldn't get full throttle opening.

One thing to look out for is when you make a hard braking and accidentally twist the throttle backwards against the stop. Then the return cable can jump off it's grove and get between the tube and housing, making the throttle sticky.

You then have to turn the engine off, and give it a full WOT twist and it returns to it's grove. Tricky in traffic!

I ended upp making a more rubust throttle stop by milling a grove in the side of the tube and a piece of metal sticking in there that was hold in place by the throttle housing. Hard to explain, but it works good. No more fiddling, and a ready finger on the emergency stop.

Regards Thomas