SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 14-07-12, 01:51 PM   #1
Thunderace

Exclamation For Sale Karcher psessure washer

Karcher pressure washer, six months old used it 4-5 times originally paid 120 euros for it, it has german 2 pin plug but i will throw in adapter, reluctant sale as I'm skint! £70 ono...
Old 20-07-12, 09:23 AM   #2
Jammy

Default Re: For Sale Karcher psessure washer

how good is it at tackling stubborn stuff
Old 20-07-12, 09:59 AM   #3
Thunderace

its good mate very powerfull my patio was black when i moved in now it looks like new also it gets all those grimey bits of my swingarm no probs!
Old 20-07-12, 01:27 PM   #4
Mark_h
Mega Poster

If you buy the scrubber brush it does a great job of cleaning large areas. If you use the power lance with a triangular end will drill through any surface you choose to point it at. The standard variable end gives you the chance to be gentle or bonkers.

You can buy the fancy ends for any of the washers as it's a common connector.

I've got a K3.575 which is a total beast but I tend to find when I get it out I get the urge to jetwash just about anything including the garage door that I now need to repaint and the garden bench that has been converted to a bunch of bench shaped splinters.

However my block paving went from black to brick coloured with no chemicals and no more effort than using a hoover.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-12, 03:03 PM   #5
Jammy

What model is it? read some poor reviews for that brand of washer (like with prolonged use, the motorleaking) I'm still interested....oh the joys of having a black bike
Old 20-07-12, 04:03 PM   #6
Mark_h
Mega Poster

As with most things it comes down to how you use it. Run it with no water or a damaged lance and it'll not do it the power of good. Also I killed a cheap one by putting it in the garage and leaving it over winter. The water froze and bust the impeller casing so now I empty it fully after every use.

Very useful bit of kit and if looked after properly no reason it'll not last for years. My dad has one that's got to be 25+ years old.

Mind you I'm not selling mine and Thunderace's one may be a crap one that he runs with sandy water, stores in the freezer and uses it as a chock for his canal boat.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-12, 04:43 PM   #7
Spank86

Run it without water or leave it to freeze and it won't matter much how expensive they are, good way to kill em.
Old 20-07-12, 05:26 PM   #8
Tomor
Mega Poster

my dad has got a karcher and had it for over 20 years and the lance hose went last winter but actual washer is fine. Decent brand in my eyes! Free bump!
Old 20-07-12, 06:06 PM   #9
Thunderace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
What model is it? read some poor reviews for that brand of washer (like with prolonged use, the motorleaking) I'm still interested....oh the joys of having a black bike
It's a K 2.100 It's Ideal for bike & car as you can get right in there to get the stubborn bits off without stripping any paint. And unlike Mark assumes it has been properly maintained!
Old 24-07-12, 12:31 PM   #10
Jammy

Would take it off you... if only i had the money right now to do so. Rebuilding the SV takes priority over cleaning it :P