2013 Annual Rideout Plan and discussions for next years event

Old 18-06-13, 09:27 AM   #941
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR2013 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Can't we just have a great AR without all the unnecessary drama?
Hi!! Welcome to the 'org!!!

You must be new around here, I'll be your guide...

Bring a jacket, and the first three rows might get wet...

(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 09:30 AM   #942
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Hi!! Welcome to the 'org!!!

You must be new around here, I'll be your guide...

Bring a jacket, and the first three rows might get wet...

Mark's just been made complacent by the chilled out friendly attitude prevalent within the GM.

We don't do drama because everyone stays laid back and gets the job done.
Old 18-06-13, 09:37 AM   #943
Mark_h
Mega Poster

How about we start a brand new thread for people to be pedantic about everything, complain about the price of beer, the weather, other venues and events to attend rather than the AR and keep this one for attendees to plan to have fun instead.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 09:54 AM   #944
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Rictus, you've already said you are not doing the ride, unlikely to turn up, know every inch of the area and will be making your own plans anyway so why the need to be so engaged and upset about a thread that holds very little interest for you?
my plans have been as much dictated by the help and information I've recieved from here Mark as other concerns, I've been put off coming the friday night, told I can't attend the lunch stop, intimated I should buy all my drink in the pub, not exactlly conducive to my plans, I'll (as anyone else can) will eat what and where I want, interesting the most obvious food option isn't even offered (Sunday morning breakfast) .

Yes of course I know most of the roads, but then I ride that part of the country regularly and have done for year, more pertinent would be I've ridden on many AR's before and can't see it being enjoyable to myself, up to me how I choose to spend the weekend, not you to dictade.

As to the thread holding little interest to me (according to yourself), it's a weekend where I get to see friends, and I'll take as much interest a I want and post on the forum when I choose thanks.

You do actually understand this AR thing is supposted to be for the members and not just a private little thing to score points or something ?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 10:06 AM   #945
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Once a year many of us get together, see old family and friends, have a big meal, celebrate the festive period, exchange gifts, eat & be merry... Often times people whine about the dining arrangements or fall out, maybe complain about other people that are attending etc.

And then there's Christmas which is very similar to AR.

After years of annual sarcastic comments from myself, trying to undermine arguing and moaning (from both sides) in an attempt to remind you all it's supposed to be a fun weekend, I've realised AR just wouldn't be AR without a few people snapping at each other over trivial waffle.

Still stands though that I hope everyone has a good time just gutted a I can't be there

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 10:20 AM   #946
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Bin work off Paul. Family is more important

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 10:29 AM   #947
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
How about we start a brand new thread for people to be pedantic about everything, complain about the price of beer...
The beer there is expensive?!?

(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 10:31 AM   #948
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Cheers gav & I know man tell me about it, just really really bad timing - got to be in Nottingham for 3pm on the Sunday, which means driving 4.5 hours from AR to York (past nottingham) pick up works van, then 2 hours from York to Nottingham, then got a 5 hour rig for an event = would have to leave AR at 6-7am, which means I'd not be able to do my usual routine of getting pist as feck and making an asswhole out of myself on the saturday night - and that's what I was really coming for (wasn't too fussed about the ride out). So it'll be a long way to come to stand around worrying about getting off early doors sunday, and then if there are any accidents on the m25/m1 etc. then the job will be absolutely fecked.

Just can't risk it however have talked with Keating about sorting a rideout down your way in July so will be down for a weekend. Miss ya buddy!

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 10:36 AM   #949
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Well you clearly don't otherwise you wouldn't be making up all these excuses

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-13, 10:40 AM   #950
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
I've been put off coming the friday night, told I can't attend the lunch stop, intimated I should buy all my drink in the pub, not exactlly conducive to my plans.
I thought we'd cleared up that if not drinking inside the pub you can bring as much food and drink as you wish but that it would be nice if some money was passed to the pub since they have allowed us the use of the field for free.

If I confused things there for anyone in the earlier thread on the subject then my sincerest apologies.

With regards to the lunch stop you are more than welcome to attend. I'm sure Job would be happy to divulge the location on the day as he has already agreed to do so with others who cannot be there for the start of the ride out.

Quote:
I'll (as anyone else can) will eat what and where I want, interesting the most obvious food option isn't even offered (Sunday morning breakfast) .
Possibly a slight oversight on our part but loomies will be open as usual sunday (I'll check the times).

Quote:
You do actually understand this AR thing is supposted to be for the members and not just a private little thing to score points or something ?
And we hope as many members as possible have as enjoyable time as possible and will do everything feasible to facilitate that.

Last edited by Spank86; 18-06-13 at 10:41 AM.