SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 29-08-12, 12:37 PM   #1
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Prime Minister's Song of the Day

As Prime Minster, I feel it's important to show a bit of myself to the public. After my initial idea was flagged as indecent, and several subsequent ideas were labelled sick, wrong, and illegal respectively, I've fallen back onto music.

Every day (read: when I can be arsed), I am going to post up a link to a track on YouTube, complete with short opinion based rambling. I will edit the first post with the latest tune, so there is no need to wade through rivers of crap.

I look forward to you all hating my taste in music and asking for me to shut up.

TODAY'S TUNE

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Why? (For simple people): Because there's that funny bit in it what when he's like shouting then does the whispering bit. It's well funny, innit. Plus the ending is very cool and melodic.

Why? (For clever people): Because it is about inner turmoil and putting on a brave face. Self-righteous suicide. Despair. It's powerful and clever, unlike the nobber who put the video up including an intro of him smashing a street light. He is directed to Why for simple people. I particularly like the line "Why'd you leave the keys upon the table." which I think symbolised fecking off out the front door and never coming back .... which we all want to do now and then.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)

Last edited by Fallout; 29-08-12 at 12:40 PM.
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-12, 12:37 PM   #2
Fallout
Mega Poster

Default Re: Prime Minister's Song of the Day

TODAY'S TUNE

YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

Why? (For simple people): Because there's that funny bit in it what when he's like shouting then does the whispering bit. It's well funny, innit. Plus the ending is very cool and melodic.

Why? (For clever people): Because it is about inner turmoil and putting on a brave face. Self-righteous suicide. Despair. It's powerful and clever, unlike the nobber who put the video up including an intro of him smashing a street light. He is directed to Why for simple people. I particularly like the line "Why'd you leave the keys upon the table." which I think symbolised fecking off out the front door and never coming back .... which we all want to do now and then.

Last edited by Fallout; 29-08-12 at 12:40 PM.
Old 29-08-12, 01:27 PM   #3
Jammy

good pick. May i post my own or is this for heads-of-state only
Old 29-08-12, 02:05 PM   #4
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I'm suprised you didn't put this up.

Just like the average day in the life of a Prime Mimister's Secretary

http://www.theprodigy.com/videos?tas...rectlink&id=41
Old 29-08-12, 03:06 PM   #5
Fallout
Mega Poster

@Jammy: Hmmm ... I will say yes, so long as you follow my format. i.e. Explain why it's good on a simple level, and then explain why it's good on a deeper level. The reason I made this thread, other than just for a laugh, is because music is a proper love hate thing with me. I find it hideously intrusive and annoying, recycled garbage for the most part. But there are certain tracks which mean something to me, other than just thinking they're cool, and connect with me. So if you have the same feeling about a track, go for it. If it's just your track of the moment which sound half decent, wait for a proper goodun to come along.

@LPH - Haha. Prodigy are good, and yes, I do enjoy beating women, and being a petite blonde. Forgot about that video. Tis ace! Doesn't qualify though, but I expect some prodigy on the road to Wales.
Old 29-08-12, 03:13 PM   #6
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I'm keeping myself awake going through my CDs to find suitable tracks for Wales.

I remember bringing this video home on a VHS from the record company and putting it on for a bunch of mates. The general reaction was '$hit, that is never getting played on MTV'. It did, but it still has an after midnight rating.
Old 29-08-12, 03:30 PM   #7
Jammy

Ive done 2 college courses, both of them music related. I also used to produce stuff... atleast we have something in common

I have some all times favs i could post hehe
Old 29-08-12, 03:52 PM   #8
Fallout
Mega Poster

If you have a fave tune which touches you like a deviant step dad, go for it.
Old 29-08-12, 04:50 PM   #9
Mark_h
Mega Poster

For a while I kept hearing bits of this in various trailers and moody background music and it took me ages to track it down. Real goose bumps stuff. Not sure why but I think it's just displaced Angel by Massive Attack as the song I would listen to while riding it I were to listen to music while riding which I don't.

Intro by XX.

Do we have a ministry of riding soundtracks?

Feel free to slate it but remember I am the credit giver... twisted credit giver etc.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-12, 05:18 PM   #10
Jammy

Lightbulb Re: Prime Minister's Song of the Day

YouTube Video

****ing amazing, one of Burials best IMO. The most talented producer in terms of capturing atmospheres for sure.
Got everything hes ever produced on my Mac and lots of Vinyl. I'm a tad obsessed.

This however is not what i listen to whilst riding (on the rare occasions i do) - The track will be revealed tommorow!

Last edited by Jammy; 29-08-12 at 05:48 PM.