SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 25-01-08, 04:58 PM   #1
DanAbnormal

Default Rideout Saturday 26th January.

I must say it feels odd adding a rideout this time of year but what the heck.

Meeting at the Ely near Blackbushe at 12:30 and departing at about 12:45 - 13:00 for a no holds barred.....gentle ride.

Not sure of destination yet but it's about the journey anyway right!

So far it's just me and Stu. But don't let that stop you from joining our Ninja brigade!
Old 25-01-08, 08:21 PM   #2
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rideout Saturday 26th January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganDan View Post
I must say it feels odd adding a rideout this time of year but what the heck.

Meeting at the Ely near Blackbushe at 12:30 and departing at about 12:45 - 13:00 for a no holds barred.....gentle ride.

Not sure of destination yet but it's about the journey anyway right!

So far it's just me and Stu. But don't let that stop you from joining our Ninja brigade!
That's definitely a good reason not to come along

Cant make it though this weekend
Old 25-01-08, 09:27 PM   #3
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Well done chaps. Nice to see a bike related thread in here. Unfortunately I'll not be able to join you as I'm already off on a longish training run although if we come across you I can point you out as an example of being "progressive to the max".

Really looking forward to some dryer conditions to see if this big old Thou can actually go around corners as so-far it's been slippy stuff pretty much since the day I got it.. Forecast for Weekend looks good.

enjoy...

PS, finally got my observer validation few weeks ago so will be binning the shaver and looking out for an Pan with inbuilt pie warmer
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-08, 11:01 AM   #4
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Well done chaps. Nice to see a bike related thread in here. Unfortunately I'll not be able to join you as I'm already off on a longish training run although if we come across you I can point you out as an example of being "progressive to the max".

Really looking forward to some dryer conditions to see if this big old Thou can actually go around corners as so-far it's been slippy stuff pretty much since the day I got it.. Forecast for Weekend looks good.

enjoy...

PS, finally got my observer validation few weeks ago so will be binning the shaver and looking out for an Pan with inbuilt pie warmer
Congrats on your observer status. Make sure that beard is long and wispy. Oh and a pipe would look good too! Perhaps one day I'll join IAM.....just not yet.
Old 27-01-08, 05:33 PM   #5
DanAbnormal

Well I've had two good rideout days so far. Was great to use the Ninja again before I sell it. It's now on ebay so hopefully I should be able to sell quickly. Will be sorry to see her go but really need the money for our new pad.

Stu's riding has improved since the last time I went out with him, he seems much more sensible (for Stu). Perhaps IAM could tame me...........
Old 27-01-08, 07:13 PM   #6
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Doubt you could be tamed but at least you'd know what you're doing excessively if you don't already.
Old 27-01-08, 10:26 PM   #7
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Doubt you could be tamed but at least you'd know what you're doing excessively if you don't already.
I think speed would be the key factor. Sometimes I come home and think, "woah". I don't have any scary moments though really, which is what concerns me. I doubt I will get another super sports for a while (until I can afford an 848 ). I love the look and speed but I actually 'enjoy' ridng my Hornet much more. I'm a much better rider on the Hornet. Please, don't all laugh.

So where next? Well either a Street Triple or a Monster S4R!

C'mon, what did you expect!
Old 28-01-08, 09:15 AM   #8
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Save your pennies, sell the flat and possibly a kidney. Then get a VTR-SP2. You know twins are the only way to go

Saw a beautiful one outside Infinity (customer bike) over the weekend. Had race cans on it and sounded absolutely amazing.
Old 28-01-08, 11:10 AM   #9
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Save your pennies, sell the flat and possibly a kidney. Then get a VTR-SP2. You know twins are the only way to go

Saw a beautiful one outside Infinity (customer bike) over the weekend. Had race cans on it and sounded absolutely amazing.
Kindneys now on fleabay. I've actually spotted my next bike. I think it says everything about me and is pretty perfect for me.......

Aprilia Tuono 1000R

Yum.

Wheelie heaven here I come.
Old 28-01-08, 11:26 AM   #10
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I borrowed Gmonsta's Tuono. Was a bit brutal and a bit too tall for me. It had a Power Commander fitted to it which may have brutalised it a bit so one without a PC may be smoother. Also the R may lower the riding position a bit. However they do sound great with race cans on. Oh and you have the fun of beeping everyone each time you try to cancel your indicators as the switchgear is a little on the innovative side.