SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 14-07-14, 04:29 PM   #781
Brettus

Default Re: Photo Comp - Chat Thread

Thanks, I really tried, you wouldn't imagine how many attempts it took. It'd have been easier if I'd have had voice activated shutter (AKA a friend helping) so I'd get lined up and try it but I kept getting closer to what I wanted. The 7 arches helped reinforce the rainbow notion. Shame the light strip doesn't do the colours in order but I can't complain, it is rather flexible in what it does.

Same location that I've used before but it meant I knew what to expect and it seemed like a good idea at the time.....

All the time keeping an eye on the single point of entry into the building for any neer-do-wells. Was OK until walking through the woods back to the car and my mind conjured up the thought "you can see great ahead of you, but what if someone is behind you?" not helpful brain! A quick glance back with the head torch and a recomposing of my resolve then I was almost on the tarmac of the sealed off road running to the place so I could hear any extra footsteps better.

Really like the place though, such a large open space but supported by what would be a solid wall but for the arches. I wonder what it'd be like to go in there in the day, spend an hour or two brushing it out and then be a lot more open to different light effects and not dodging human detritus left behind by bored revellers.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 04:33 PM   #782
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch00 View Post
What did you use for the effects?
http://www.beamled.com/biard-5-meter...fP8aAr388P8HAQ
one of these, or one like it anyway, cheaper ebay jobby.
Cut the cable off the power brick and wired it in to some croc clips, stashed a leisure battery in my rucksack (100ah size, bigger than an SV battery!) it was all I had that had charge in it. cable out of that and remote held in other hand.

holding it taut and pointing toward the camera was the hardest part. I've got a plan for Mk2, more ebay purchases inbound
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
Old 14-07-14, 05:15 PM   #783
Bibio
Mega Poster

an old collapsible car areal should do the trick, light strong and small.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 10:10 PM   #784
punyXpress
Mega Poster

. . . or a poacher's fishing rod?
Old 20-07-14, 08:38 PM   #785
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Mark - looks like you got some nice shots at Farnborough. Don't know why but I thought the Vulcan To The Skies folks had run low on funds and we were not going to see the beautiful old girl flying any more. Glad to see that is not the case!
Old 20-07-14, 08:52 PM   #786
Mark_h
Mega Poster

As usual they say this is the last chance to see it. I think it needs some sort of air worthiness certificate next year which is tougher than usual so may not happen. I recon the Vulcan display this year was tamer than previous years but I guess when you are in something that old you have to take it easy.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-14, 02:32 PM   #787
Viney
Mega Poster

They said that last year Mark. I think its just a ploy to get more funds and good on them.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-14, 06:45 PM   #788
Brettus

Shawthing, really liking that entry. Another type of shot I'm weak at, the situational one. Conveys a story, really like it.

(sorry to monopolise the forum today, I'm not in work and vowed to have a restful day in the holiday let today)
Quote:
Old 23-07-14, 12:03 PM   #789
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

I don't know whether to change my pic for the photo comp to this

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-14, 02:58 PM   #790
BanannaMan

I think the one here is better however be warned , bike pics don't usually fair all that well in the photo comp.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote