SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 20-10-12, 05:59 PM   #11
Tomor
Mega Poster

Default Re: Loomies Saturday 10th October 10:30am - 11:00am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderace View Post
+1 for noticing I had a chewing gum related emergency,
You can't leave it at that! enlighten us!
Old 20-10-12, 06:47 PM   #12
Thunderace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
You can't leave it at that! enlighten us!
Well as you may have noticed I like to chew gum while I ride, well today slightly hungover and suffering from manflu I coughed and my chewing gum flew out and stuck to the inside of my helmet, too far away to be retrieved by tongue so I though I'll get that when we stop as it was stuck to the plastic breath guard thingy!

So half hour or so later whilst happily zooming along it fell off and landed on the material wind proofing doodah attached to the chinguard, arrrggghhh had to stop quick to remove it before it stuck to and ruined the material, stopped looked up after removing helmet to see Si and Ad disapear round a corner, so removed the offending chewing gum, whilst doing this I was passed by every car in the universe and a lorry and a tractor and trailer, after setting off and negotiating the traffic I had covered a few miles and still not seen either of the gruesome twosome, bugger I thought I'm lost and they've turned off, just then whilst rounding a bend I caught up with a slow moving Spank being held up by Fallout.

I know we GMers are well versed in marking junctions and such but remember this was the three so called nutters out for a thrash and I was a bit worried they'd be concentrating on staying shiny side up and not be looking in mirrors so not notice I was missing, thankfully I was wrong, cheers chaps!
Old 20-10-12, 07:01 PM   #13
Spank86

You were lucky there was a long open stretch with a small bridge and a house as I got to the end of it going 40mph I looked behind to see no sign of an ace travelling like its tail was on fire and stopped to ask keating what had happened so we waited for a bit till we saw your light and quickly jumped back on the bikes.
Old 20-10-12, 07:08 PM   #14
Spank86

Should also mention that in some sections I spent so long peering into my rear view mirror trying to spot distant gixxers that I almost ran the ace off the road and into the hedges a couple of times.
Old 20-10-12, 09:20 PM   #15
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Do I get any points for riding pillion today. On a very tall KTM990 Adventure S. It's so tall I struggle to get onto it normally but today I did the ride with my foot in a cast holding onto my stick and latterly half a dozen free range eggs and a steak pie from the farm shop.
Old 21-10-12, 01:26 AM   #16
Spank86

There are things that are so tall you'd struggle to get on Which would give you points but I don't believe a KTM990 adventure is one of them.

I'll leave it to the MOS to confirm.
Old 21-10-12, 10:33 AM   #17
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spank86 View Post
There are things that are so tall you'd struggle to get on Which would give you points but I don't believe a KTM990 adventure is one of them.

I'll leave it to the MOS to confirm.
If that is a challenge set Mr Spank then I will need specifics in order to complete it.
Old 21-10-12, 08:19 PM   #18
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderace View Post
-1 for breaking my speedo cable.
Bust a cable or the needle finally snap due to slamming into the far end stop so regularly?

Or maybe total gearbox failure manifesting itself as a lack of speedo drive. It seems what-ever Fallout's bike's got may be contagious. Never park next to the infected gixxer.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-12, 08:21 PM   #19
Fallout
Mega Poster

My speedo was just having a rest after excessive use. Forgot about the problem, went out yesterday and all was well.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-12, 08:21 PM   #20
Spank86

Speedo attaches to the front wheel mark.