SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 03-02-07, 01:55 PM   #11
Grinch

I want to come but I ain't got the fuel... will just have to settle on washing the bike.
Old 03-02-07, 05:16 PM   #12
Mark_h
Mega Poster

If anyone is planning on coming then let me know before 08:30 on Sunday. Plan is to meet at 09:30 at the Oatsheaf Pub in Fleet (top of the high street). Currently no confirmed takers from the org so if no response I'll just collect my mate on the way out and not bother spending half an hour sitting in a pub car park.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 08:51 PM   #13
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Sorry Mark won't be there as above. But enjoy
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 09:06 PM   #14
Sideshow#36

Sorry mate, can't now. Gotta be in work for 6 in the morning!!! Sucks the fat one! Weather looks like it'll be good too!! Maybe next time mate.
Old 04-02-07, 09:03 AM   #15
DanAbnormal

Was going to pootle along with you today Mark (would've been good to meet you as well). But looking at the weather outside it looks a wee bit too frosty for my liking. Enjoy though.
Old 04-02-07, 01:33 PM   #16
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I must say it was a bit on the cold side but the frost under the trees and the freezing fog round Horsham made it an interesting ride. Main thing is three of us (none from the org) made it there and back in one piece, and the burger queue at box hill was the shortest I've ever seen. Just long enough to have a pee between ordering and being called. Mind you, pee took a little longer than normal as someone appeared to have swapped my manhoood for a walnut.

And what's more it's another positive vote for the DL650 hand guards. about minus a million degrees out there but with heated grips and the DL guards I was still in my summer gloves with just the very tips of my left hand being even slightly chilly. Now all I need are some heated underpants.

One of the group was on a FJR with HUGE screen heated jacket, gloves and trousers he was warm but it took him about 10 mins to get on his bike by the time he'd plugged everything in.
Old 04-02-07, 07:50 PM   #17
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h
I
One of the group was on a FJR with HUGE screen heated jacket, gloves and trousers he was warm but it took him about 10 mins to get on his bike by the time he'd plugged everything in.
Blimey an FJR!!? They're huge bikes! Don't they come with gas central heating!?
Old 04-02-07, 07:55 PM   #18
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I'm fairly sure he had a real log fire in the fairing somewhere probably just behind the microwave.
Old 04-02-07, 10:50 PM   #19
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h
Mind you, pee took a little longer than normal as someone appeared to have swapped my manhoood for a peanut.
Ahh the perils of riding in winter. It makes every thing smaller including ya bladder!!