SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-10-07, 02:35 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default i'm sick

No, not the old joke, "Sorry boss I can't come in today as I am sick." "How sick", "Well I am in bed with my sister".

Bad case of the man flu. Yes, I know it is only a cold. But I haven't slept for 3 nights as permanently coughing. My head hurts, The back of my tongue feels like there is a huge lump on it whenever I swallow. I ache everywhere.

Damm kids are taking the proverbial and telling me to die quietly. I am off my food and beer. There is nothing left for me, I might as well put my head in the oven. Weather the last 2 days has been fantastic, I just look at the garage door and imagine a huge greeny splatted on the inside of my visor. yuk, goes to put on yet another layer of clothing.

How do I get rid of this?. Is it as I always suspected only rid once you have passed it onto someone else, or has anyone got a guaranteed cure
Old 07-10-07, 02:42 PM   #2
Ceri JC

Default Re: i'm sick

I just go to bed. I'm not sure how effective it is at making you get better soon, but it certainly means you are concious for less of the period of suffering, which can only be a good thing. The past couple of times I've been ill I haven't gone on the sick and have just worked through and it has taken me longer than normal to get better, so I've decided my dad's advice of "If you carry on as normal it takes your mind off it. Sat at home in your pyjamas feeling sorry for yourself, you're bound to feel worse." doesn't work for me.
Old 07-10-07, 02:44 PM   #3
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
I just go to bed. I'm not sure how effective it is at making you get better soon, but it certainly means you are concious for less of the period of suffering, which can only be a good thing. The past couple of times I've been ill I haven't gone on the sick and have just worked through and it has taken me longer than normal to get better, so I've decided my dad's advice of "If you carry on as normal it takes your mind off it. Sat at home in your pyjamas feeling sorry for yourself, you're bound to feel worse." doesn't work for me.
or just sit there and play xbox 360
Old 07-10-07, 02:48 PM   #4
Sideshow#36

I had it last week. Lasted for 5 days and my nose is still red raw and I still get the odd occasional sneezing fit!

I just drank lots of tea and paracetamol... Oh and lylej's advice. I advanced 7 levels on forza motorsport 2 on't th'xbox.
Old 07-10-07, 03:43 PM   #5
metalmonkey

Dude I'm the same feel crap, I have gone through lots of sudaphed for the block nose, sinis....What also is good is buy some fresh limes squish all the juice out of them into a mug add hot water and honey...its tastes really good and does work for a while. Loads of vitims C in there, I used it last year when I got ill on a diving trip it works! (when ur back on the beer fresh limes go great with rum)

Lots of sleep helps though I haven't got much of that either and water is a must. Oh get the flu jab as well, I'm getting one at some point.

I blame the ill lot at work they gave me this cold in the first place! I saw to colds and flu......
Old 07-10-07, 04:32 PM   #6
Ed

Rest and drink plenty. The lime juice idea is good.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 07-10-07, 04:38 PM   #7
Kate Moss

Have a really really hot curry, sweat it out!!! and for your headaches rub a little tigerbalm on, it rely releases the tension..mind your eyes tho and wash your hands before putting them anywhere delicate!!!
Old 07-10-07, 05:51 PM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs24_7 View Post
Have a really really hot curry, sweat it out!!! and for your headaches rub a little tigerbalm on, it rely releases the tension..mind your eyes tho and wash your hands before putting them anywhere delicate!!!

My wife tells the story of when I forgot to wash my hands whilst making a chilli before I had a wee.

Ouch that was a painful lession
Old 07-10-07, 05:54 PM   #9
Pedrosa

Tim if it is any help, I simply agree with the thread title. I cannot I am afraid offer anything more of value.

Or maybe I can??? Why not make yerself I nice hot toddy and sit and sweat it out in the (in)famous romper suit?
Old 07-10-07, 05:58 PM   #10
Kate Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
My wife tells the story of when I forgot to wash my hands whilst making a chilli before I had a wee.

Ouch that was a painful lession
owww thats seriously gotta hurt!!! bet you can't make a chilli anymore without getting the odd twinge!!!