SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-11-20, 10:48 PM   #8711
svenrico

Default Re: house insurance

Trying to sort out quotations for house insurance - what a pain
Trying to compare like with like and going through information on the phone (after pre recorded conditions before you actually speak to somebody )
My wife has just lost her job because her place of work has closed down due to covid ,and they wanted to know how her employer was funded, is she going to live off savings or claim benefits - WTF has all that got to do with house insurance ?! unbelievable.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-20, 10:52 PM   #8712
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
If you're able to log on you can just add another phone number in the account settings then delete the old one.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
Isn't the problem that he can't log on ?
Old 17-11-20, 10:58 PM   #8713
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
not with the same address and debit card.. paypal are weird about that. just like the RBS dont like me spending my money and put a block on my card pretty much every time i sneeze
all because they want my details but they can furk off and if they want it they will pay for it just like they get paid for selling it to other people. its my data not theirs
how are we supposed to help our economy when we cant spend money.....
can you tell it pizzez me off... lol
I saw somewhere that when you are asked to tick to prove you are not a robot for security purposes and tick squares containing whatever it allows them to see your browsing history !
Old 18-11-20, 08:26 AM   #8714
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I saw somewhere that when you are asked to tick to prove you are not a robot for security purposes and tick squares containing whatever it allows them to see your browsing history !
The reason you get asked to do that is because it has already checked your browsing history and can't determine if you're a robot or not (the irony a computer is deciding this . . . .). You will get this every time if you regularly delete cookies, browsing history etc.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-20, 07:53 PM   #8715
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

My five year old HP laptop had an odd screen flicker last night and when black. Now it won't turn on. Rats. Off to Google to see if there is a reset option of any kind or if it looks like it's toast.

We ended up with father-in-laws old Lenovo so I eventually managed to get that running tonight as a stop gap. Quite like the keyboard on it...
Old 18-11-20, 08:26 PM   #8716
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
My five year old HP laptop had an odd screen flicker last night and when black. Now it won't turn on. Rats. Off to Google to see if there is a reset option of any kind or if it looks like it's toast.

We ended up with father-in-laws old Lenovo so I eventually managed to get that running tonight as a stop gap. Quite like the keyboard on it...
new battery is in order. even plugged in a fubar battery will case problems unless your laptop will run without one.

also laptop and computer processor cooling fans should be cleaned once a year or you run the risk of the processor going pop.

at 5 years you have had your moneys worth

you could always do what most folk do and drop it and claim on the house insurance... seems to be the norm these days to get insurance companies to pay for everything.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-20, 11:45 PM   #8717
Grant66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
also laptop and computer processor cooling fans should be cleaned once a year or you run the risk of the processor going pop.

Unless you have a hp, to get at the fan you have to take the motherboard out. Basically last thing out of the case is the fan. Every chuffing component removed before the fan cover screw is accessible.

Wonder why they don't put a cover on the outside to make cleaning easy...

Took 2 minutes with a Dremel, new cover held in place with sellotape, so it's maintainable now.

Sent from an S20 using Tapatalk with that kin cr4p blocked
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-20, 12:01 AM   #8718
svenrico

'you could always do what most folk do and drop it and claim on the house insurance... seems to be the norm these days to get insurance companies to pay for everything.' wouldn't that depend if you have cover for accidental damage, and also the excess amount ?
ps puts the premiums up for the rest of us of course when people make 'dodgy ' claims !

Last edited by svenrico; 19-11-20 at 12:02 AM.
Old 19-11-20, 12:05 AM   #8719
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
The reason you get asked to do that is because it has already checked your browsing history and can't determine if you're a robot or not (the irony a computer is deciding this . . . .). You will get this every time if you regularly delete cookies, browsing history etc.
is that meant to say 'you will not get this every time ' ?
Old 19-11-20, 09:47 AM   #8720
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
is that meant to say 'you will not get this every time ' ?
nope. If you regularly clean your browsing history it is likely to come up every time. Because the AI can't determine if you are a Robot or not as the browsing history is not within a 'average/normal' parameter.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote