SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-12-08, 10:25 PM   #1
DarrenChay

Default Paint Colour Match

Had some fairing lowers painted last weekend, Pearl Lively Yellow as per the service book.

However, completely different shade to the rest of the bike! (very much lighter)

They are however, exactly the same shade as the secondhand cowl I bought, so it doesnt seem to be down to the sprayshop making a mess of it, so i'm confused!

I should have taken the bike in for a proper colour match, so its my fault i suppose, which makes it more annoying as there is nobody to blame!

Does anyone know if there were other shades of yellow used on 2001 (Y) SV650s SK1?

thanks

Daz
Old 17-12-08, 07:55 AM   #2
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Paint Colour Match

The year before was Y9F (Pearl Canyon Yellow) which is a darker shade similar to the Ducati yellow, Pearl Lively Yellow is more of a lemon colour.

Have you got any better pic's than your avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenChay View Post
as per the service book.
What does it sayu on the white sticker under the petrol tank?

Last edited by Dangerous Dave; 17-12-08 at 07:57 AM.
Old 17-12-08, 09:30 PM   #3
DarrenChay

Sounds about spot on that, and exactly describes the difference in shades!

Not had the tank up to check yet, but will do tomorrow
(uneasy now about the possible history if the year and service book say one colour but its actually something else!)

I'll take a better pic and post up tomorrow.
(avatar was from my cack old phone)

cheers

D
Old 17-12-08, 09:40 PM   #4
Dangerous Dave

A pretty useless picture, but the belly pan fitted here is the later yellow where as the bike is the earlier yellow.

Old 17-12-08, 10:32 PM   #5
gavinsky23

I had a similar problem with mine. The dealer told me it ws the Candy Jay blue and I bought a fairing but turns out mine is the Candy Grand Blue. It's a '99 bike so I presume just a very late one, or an early registered '00 bike. The code under the tank was right anyway. Probably similar story with yours, I'd check the white sticker as mentioned it should be right, probably just a mix up.