SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-02-14, 07:20 PM   #1
ravesracin

Default Minitwin building advice?

Hello there, im after some information and help.
Were building a sv minitwin for my son to race this year, he did minitwins a few years ago on a er650.
Im lookin for the usual, power commander, m4 pipe ( who stocks them new) or a used one, spare wheels, sub frame, front fairing bracket.
If we get the race rear sub frame is it easy to move the battery forward near front cylinder ie: the wiring, and what do u all do with the rest of the wiring thats under the seat.
Thanks in advance for any help. pete
Old 18-02-14, 09:51 PM   #2
Redmist

Default Re: race parts

Hi RR,

Good luck with the build.

Regards the battery, yes its pretty easy to move the battery forward, there are people selling the boxes on ebay or RVRacing does them too.

Which version of SV, curvy or pointy?

The battery relocation may involve extending some cables but if your handy with a soldering iron its pretty easy. The rest of the wires are rather annoying but I managed to fit all mine and the ECU into quite a small space under the subframe. Not pretty but works!

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-14, 09:58 PM   #3
Redmist

Default Re: race parts

Picture:

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-14, 10:04 AM   #4
Geordie Mick

Default Re: Minitwin building advice?

It's a pointy - and a very nice one too...

I see you've got round to sorting it then, Pete

MICK..
Geordie Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-14, 11:36 AM   #5
SV650Racer

Depending on where your based you can get the ecu remapped fully on the SV and works out cheaper than using a power commander and works just aswell.

Id keep the battery under the riders seat..the SV has a very good weight balance and putting a heavy item forwards to the right IMHO isnt ideal..people tend to go for looks over geometry on the SV..high stubby subframes which shift the weight of the rider high up and forwards..you need to bear in mind it may look good but not ideal geometry setup for a race bike.

You can get race subframes which retain the batteries stock position and keep the rider neutral on the bike.

Just a few little tips from winning "a few" minitwins championships..
Old 19-02-14, 02:48 PM   #6
ravesracin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650Racer View Post

Id keep the battery under the riders seat..the SV has a very good weight balance and putting a heavy item forwards to the right IMHO isnt ideal..people tend to go for looks over geometry on the SV..high stubby subframes which shift the weight of the rider high up and forwards..you need to bear in mind it may look good but not ideal geometry setup for a race bike.

You can get race subframes which retain the batteries stock position and keep the rider neutral on the bike.
Thanks if i could get a race subframe which retains the battery in the normal position id go for that, do you know who does them ?, all i can find is the small non battery ones.

Been lookin around for a full race exhaust system and cant find a m4 anywhere in the uk ?.
Old 19-02-14, 03:04 PM   #7
SV650Racer

The M4 you need to get from the States, works out very reasonable. It is the best system for the SV IMHO and worth getting. Adds more midrange and top end compared to a Hindle or Arata. Luke who rode for us last season went from the Hindle to M4 and he felt the difference.

I do tubular alloy subframes that retain the battery tray and battery if you want, they fit SV style or GSXR style seat units . PM me your email and can send you some pictures over.

Which club will your son be racing with this year?.

Last edited by SV650Racer; 19-02-14 at 04:19 PM.
Old 19-02-14, 03:27 PM   #8
ravesracin

He's doin bits and bats at ng, thundersport and where ever else is local to us, due to lack of funds lol
Old 19-02-14, 03:47 PM   #9
SV650Racer

No worries, have emailed you.

Will be getting some more subframes designed to run with RSV4 seats this season and positioned for the taller rider with more leg room but still keeping the riders weight neautral.

One that went out this morning fitted to a carbed bike - it had a subframe made by someone else which was adapted to run with the seat unit...looks so nice.

Old 19-02-14, 04:18 PM   #10
shiftin_gear98

Quote from their website - hope of use I found it whilst dreaming of shiney stuff. Just need to find the shiney money now.

M4 exhausts: full racing exhaust systems

JHS are the sole UK agents and importers of these very high quality, US-made performance exhaust systems.

JHS Racing Limited, Unit 3, Unity Court, Broadmead Lane, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 1ST

Tel:
0117 986 8844
Email:
jhsracing@lineone.net

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 19-02-14 at 04:23 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote