SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 18-03-07, 08:05 PM   #1
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Were you at TVAM today

Noticed a few SVs in the carpark at St. Crispins today. Any of you lot?
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-07, 07:01 PM   #2
$i

Default Re: Were you at TVAM today

not on an sv here but i think i saw you. blue curvy with an sv650.org sticker on your swingarm? was the bloke in the silver rst 1 piece that gave you a nod just before you were about to leave i think! thats if that was you?
Old 22-04-07, 06:53 AM   #3
DanAbnormal

Nope. But I have to admit I am now thinking of joining up. I want to further my skills and can't really afford the £30 an hour my mate charges right now. Want to do Rospa at some point but first want to get the advanced test done, I'll give IAM another bash. When is the next meet?
Old 22-04-07, 06:10 PM   #4
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Yep, that was me with my stickered swing-arm. Was my first go as a trainee observer so was largely oblivious to what was going on around me. Ended up taking out the guy on the dodgy Russian sidecar outfit. I never managed to get out of second gear and he broke 40 once. However when training to be an observer you have to get a tick in the box to say you've ridden with a slow rider and I certainy have that tick well and truly ticked.

Dan,
Meetings are 3rd Sunday of the month, need to be there for 9 for a free cup of tea, cosy chat then an assessment ride. If you do get a bearded FJR rider don't worry, it may be a dull assesment but when you get allocated an observer you can state you want a "more spirited" rider and if you're lucky you'll get one of the blade or GSX-R brigade. However those heavyweight beardy tourer types do get a shift on if they want to make a point.

I tend to find ear hair is the best indicator. More ear hair = much less fun ride.

Say hello if you see me up there next time.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 23-04-07, 12:27 PM   #5
Demonz

Sounds like more fun over your side. You guys have advanced training programs which look good. Plus free tea My renewal is due for the year - I wonder if I can transfer?
Old 23-04-07, 01:57 PM   #6
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

But think of the Bacon sarnies - do you get them?

I thought all the IAM's were quite separate from each other so you might have a problem getting a free test from one that you didn't pay the £80odd to.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-07, 03:12 PM   #7
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I think the fee for the test is held in trust for the IAM so should be transferrable. However there are no bacon butties at TVAM. Just tea, coffee, biscuits, kitkats and twix.

There are however c800 memebers so not uncommon to get 200-300 bikes turn up on a Sunday a bit daunting for your first time. I'm sure you could always come to an open day and I'll introduce you to someone to have a chat with so if it's a better fit they should be able to sort out a transfer.

3rd Sunday 09:00. If you want a peek let me know and you can ride over with me and I'll introduce you to the right folk.
Old 23-04-07, 05:45 PM   #8
JonToms

I'll come with you next time, i am sure i mentioned this b4 but i should make the effort and join up !
so whens the next one !?
Old 23-04-07, 05:55 PM   #9
$i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Yep, that was me with my stickered swing-arm. Was my first go as a trainee observer so was largely oblivious to what was going on around me. Ended up taking out the guy on the dodgy Russian sidecar outfit. I never managed to get out of second gear and he broke 40 once. However when training to be an observer you have to get a tick in the box to say you've ridden with a slow rider and I certainy have that tick well and truly ticked.

Dan,
Meetings are 3rd Sunday of the month, need to be there for 9 for a free cup of tea, cosy chat then an assessment ride. If you do get a bearded FJR rider don't worry, it may be a dull assesment but when you get allocated an observer you can state you want a "more spirited" rider and if you're lucky you'll get one of the blade or GSX-R brigade. However those heavyweight beardy tourer types do get a shift on if they want to make a point.

I tend to find ear hair is the best indicator. More ear hair = much less fun ride.

Say hello if you see me up there next time.

Cheers,
Mark
Yeah, me old man is becoming a trainee observer atm aswell.

And as for the bearded fella's on the FJRs and pans. trust me. they'll have no problems keeping up with most people (except me, lol) in the nationals.
Old 23-04-07, 06:04 PM   #10
$i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonToms View Post
I'll come with you next time, i am sure i mentioned this b4 but i should make the effort and join up !
so whens the next one !?
The next third sunday. Sunday 20th may i think.