SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 22-07-08, 12:14 PM   #1
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Evening Bimble Thursday July 31st

Folks,

Anyone fancy a bit of a bimble next Thursday (or this thrusday if reading next week or last thursday if the week after etc etc).

Meet 19:00 in Fleet out for a couple of hours. Not entirely sure where to yet but likely to be the kind of twisty roads that make you appreciate having access to a torquey twin. IL4 and triples and pretty much anything else with fewer than 4 wheels also welcome.

Reply if you're interested and I'll work up a route otherwise if no one is interested (coz I smell) I'll not waste time sorting out the details.

Cheers,
Mark

PS Have any of you GMers got bike to bike radios?
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 11:30 AM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: Evening Bimble Thursday July 31st

I've got the family with me til the end of Aug so won't really be about 'til then.
Sad to say but the TVSF seem to be a bit more active on rideouts than the GM (although I hear the Anchor this week was v. busy ) so do you keep a beady eye on them too Mark?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 12:18 PM   #3
Mark_h
Mega Poster

I do keep a bit of an eye on the TVSF too but they always seem to head North through Oxford so it makes it a bit too long for me to be away as it's a good two hour round trip just to get to the start-point which is a bit of a problem when I only have a 2-3 hour pass.

Seems GM rides are very rare and completely over organised with hundreds of posts for something that should be so simple. Not sure what ever happened to the spontaneous "any one out tonight" type post but depends on what folk want I suppose.

Main thing is I get out when I can and if anyone wants to join me they are more than welcome and I'd welcome an invite to any more local rides that may be taking place that do not take up the entire day.

May need to set up a Fleet Collective to bridge the TVSF/GM void that seems to exist between the A3 and M4.
Old 23-07-08, 12:25 PM   #4
Tara

for us the bimble after work option is good (well for falc anyway) as we never know until last minute what we are doing at a weekend so far until end of september we are only free one weekend. plus with wayne working sundays its not always ideal at weekends.

but i agree the GM rideout threads are made very complicated and hard to keep track off - but then thats the GM way
Old 23-07-08, 02:03 PM   #5
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
but i agree the GM rideout threads are made very complicated and hard to keep track off
I think people get over excited when one actually gets organised
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-08, 02:07 PM   #6
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I think people get over excited when one actually gets organised
absolutely agree with that
Old 23-07-08, 02:25 PM   #7
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post

Seems GM rides are very rare and completely over organised with hundreds of posts for something that should be so simple. Not sure what ever happened to the spontaneous "any one out tonight" type post but depends on what folk want I suppose.
Old 23-07-08, 02:26 PM   #8
eviltwin

Very rare - well I've organised a few with Sarah but, granted, they don't happen often. I for one have things that I enjoy doing as well as riding.

Completely over organised - On rides that I've helped Sarah put together in the past, the attendance proved quite high so I figure it's best to put some effort in and at least work out where to lead people. After all, you're inviting someone to spend some of their free time so it may as well be spent well.

The last ride I organised actually started with a pretty straightforward post with all the details you needed to know. Maybe a conversation followed because people were interested and we all enjoy a bit of banter - it's a forum, after all. We all contributed to the discussion - including you Mark - thus lengthening the thread.

Fine, you prefer the impromptu blast after work. Glad you feel my latest rides have been over organised...oh, you didn't come.
Old 23-07-08, 02:36 PM   #9
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin View Post
Very rare - well I've organised a few with Sarah but, granted, they don't happen often. I for one have things that I enjoy doing as well as riding.

Completely over organised - On rides that I've helped Sarah put together in the past, the attendance proved quite high so I figure it's best to put some effort in and at least work out where to lead people. After all, you're inviting someone to spend some of their free time so it may as well be spent well.

The last ride I organised actually started with a pretty straightforward post with all the details you needed to know. Maybe a conversation followed because people were interested and we all enjoy a bit of banter - it's a forum, after all. We all contributed to the discussion - including you Mark - thus lengthening the thread.

Fine, you prefer the impromptu blast after work. Glad you feel my latest rides have been over organised...oh, you didn't come.
well put ET - maybe the lack of rideouts this year is because you and Sarah have been busy with other things to organise one - Falc too and i know DD has. no-one else has organised one oh sorry Stu has i think but thats it we're already halfway through summer
Old 23-07-08, 03:41 PM   #10
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Calm down. Dont start getting personal so easy on the offensive smilies (or actually fingers - Sarah) and personal attacks - ET. This is not something I've seen in GM before and I'm disappointed you feel it appropriate.

Being a father of two in full time work and giving up many of my valuable weekends to assist others in their riding I resent the inference I have nothing better to do.

I've also organised group rides here which have worked out quite well, but then again you were not involved back then so have no valid opinion on those.

I was offering a few after work sessions and to see if anyone else was interested. Clearly not so I'll keep myself to myself in future.

If anyone wants to join me on a ride you'll find me in TVSF.

See ya.