SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Gloves Post your own reviews on Gloves here

Old 26-07-17, 04:33 PM   #1
Bibio
Mega Poster

Thumbs up Rukka Virium

as much as i love my Rukka Apollo gloves its time for new ones. the Apollo's were getting a bit long in the tooth as the linings were starting to come out with my hands. i have had the Apollo's 5 years and many many miles and they have stayed completely dry in that time even in some biblical downpours.

i always found the Apollo's a bit nippy at the fingertips but apart from that they have been very comfy.

since i have had good results with Rukka gear it was a no brainer that i would stick with the brand so ordered a pair of Virium via my local Rukka dealer Alan Duffus. i ordered them yesterday at 3:30pm and they were there today ready for me to try. size wise i stuck with the 11 and i'm glad i did as the Virium's are perfect for my hands, they are slightly bigger all round with longer fingers. i would say its about 2-3mm all round compared with the Apollo's. i personally dont like tight gloves as it causes numbness especially if the fingers are pushing on the tips.

aint been out in them yet but to coin a phrase they fit like ermm a glove. if they last as long and keep as dry as the Apollo's i will be a happy chappy.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-17, 09:20 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rukka Virium

first run out with the new gloves today. bit new 'cardboard' glove feeling to begin with but soon broke in, not fully but better by the end of the day at 265miles.

weather was mild'ish, overcast and rain with the rain being heavy at times. the gloves performed perfectly and hands stayed bone dry, not even the outers got soaked as they seem to shed the water off the fabric. as per all waterproof gloves there is a little of that 'spongy jelly' feeling when things are wet but its not as bad a some gloves i've had. they seem to be a bit warmer than the Apollo's and it was cold out at times, i would normally switch on the heated grips but felt no need to apart from one occasion where it got pretty cold going over some hills, i will add that my hands get cold even thinking about it.

stopping after a heavy downpour i would have had no problem stuffing the gloves in my helmet as the outers kept that dry.

ooohhh almost forgot, the visor wipe on the finger is fantastic.

Last edited by Bibio; 06-08-17 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-09-17, 02:48 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

update time.

due to a deer running out in front of me at 60mph i can confirm that the Virium gloves worked better than expected.

scaphoid protection. this worked perfectly or as well as could be expected. right hand has bruising around the scaphoid area but no fractures or breaks. left hand has no injury or bruising. as you can see in the pic below both gloves have road rash.

knuckle protection, worked as well as could be expected and without it two of the knuckles on my left hand would be worn away.

i think the gloves are still usable but wont know till i get back out on the bike and its raining.

armour protection on any motorcycle clothing can only minimise damage and the best that you can hope for is that it does its job properly which in this case i think that it has.

Last edited by Bibio; 12-09-17 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-09-17, 09:27 AM   #4
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Your situation is the best test you can get, not that any of us wanted it to be that extreme. I need some new cold weather gloves so may try a pair on that recommendation.