SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-10-08, 03:07 PM   #1
pencil shavings

Default shocking

yes I have searched.......

but.....

What gsxr shock is good for the K3 pointy, not sure if it is different to the other pointys because of the taller subframe?
Seems to be anything K3 and newer?

Im weighing in at just under 13 stone without gear, so would a 1000 or the 600/750 one be better?

I also remember reading somewhere about the internals for the front forks and a table so you know what to do for your weight?? But I couldnt find it in the search, could someone help me out with that!

Sorry to post the same questions again............

Is there not someway the commonly asked for information could get sticked?

Cheers
Old 20-10-08, 03:42 PM   #2
Miles

Default Re: shocking

I understand that the same shocks for all pointys will be good for the K3, but you might have an easier time fitting it than those with the later bikes.

The GSXR K4/5 600/750/1000 shocks are all the same length, but the 1000 has the stiffest spring and the most damping.

People seem to be happy with the results with either. I just got a 1000 shock because I found one at the right price and the stiffer spring would be more suitable when I've got a pillion. If I always went solo I might have hung out for a 600/750 one.

There is a calculator on the racetech website that will tell you a "ideal" front spring rate based on your weight. Thats fine if you want to get matched springs.

I got the Hagons which have 2 rates like the standard spring, however are stiffer at .75 > .95 as opposed to .67 > ?? as standard. They are a definate improvement, but I've not got anything else to compare that to, be that other bikes or springs so couldn't say how 'really' good they are.

Hagon do them for £62.50 inc 10w oil and delivery.