SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-01-08, 04:34 PM   #1
DanAbnormal

Default Potential front disc issue.

He,

I was involved in an accident in Septemeber where a car pulled out from a queue of traffic without looking. Long story short my left side of my front wheel hit his car quite hard. It has recently come back from being repaired and all seemed well. I have noticed that it was making a slight scuffing noise (with a tiny bit of a knock) when turning the front wheel recently. This has only become apparent over the past day or so. I've been riding it to work (60 miles per day) for about 3 weeks now. Today when I washed it I noticed that one of the bolts that holds the outer disc in place moved when all other were solid. I then checked it and the back of the bolt (to the rear of the disc) and it was bent on one side (the bolt not the disc) and you could actually move the disc forward and backward ever so slightly. I am guessing that I should not ride it any further and call the insurance peeps back? I did sign a form to say that I was happy with repairs but I never noticed this ommision. Seeing as it was that side of the front wheel that hit his car I can assume this damage was caused in that incident (well I've had no other incidents since). Ideas, thoughts?
Old 20-01-08, 04:25 PM   #2
DanAbnormal

Default Re: Potential front disc issue.

Turns out it's one of the rivets and not bolts that are bent. Not sure if this can be repaired or if the disc needs to be replaced though.
Old 20-01-08, 05:12 PM   #3
davidimurray

Default Re: Potential front disc issue.

You could try these guys -

http://www.stealthproducts.co.uk/index.php

They sell circlip bobbins to replace the riveted ones so you can replace the discs without changing the centres.

Cheers

Dave